Sign in to follow this  
buckshot1969

What a sport!

Look at the drama of the last two weeks and tell me that wrestling isn't a better sport than football.  The NFL is 50% commercials and standing around while wrestling has so much more drama and athleticism.  Even in duals that aren't going to be close there are always a couple good matchups to look forward to.  Throw in guys like Seth Gross moving up to challenge himself or Spencer Lee going as a true freshman on a surgically repaired leg or the Bo/MyMar rivalry and it just gets better and better. 

Even as dominant as PSU has been there are always chinks in the armor like last year's B1Gs and Suriano's transfer.  Plus it's a sport where maybe your team doesn't win the title but you can have an individual champ (how often do schools like South Dakota State or Cornell get a shot at primetime on a Saturday on ESPN?).  Now we're about to start conference tournaments which will see a whole new round of upsets followed by the grinder of the NCAAs.  And when that's done we get to see a whole new crop of amazing athletes either coming in as freshmen or off of redshirt.  

You can keep the NFL.

Look at the drama of the last two weeks and tell me that wrestling isn't a better sport than football. The NFL is 50% commercials and standing around while wrestling has so much more drama and athleticism. Even in duals that aren't going to be close there are always a couple good matchups to look forward to. Throw in guys like Seth Gross moving up to challenge himself or Spencer Lee going as a true freshman on a surgically repaired leg or the Bo/MyMar rivalry and it just gets better and better.

Even as dominant as PSU has been there are always chinks in the armor like last year's B1Gs and Suriano's transfer. Plus it's a sport where maybe your team doesn't win the title but you can have an individual champ (how often do schools like South Dakota State or Cornell get a shot at primetime on a Saturday on ESPN?). Now we're about to start conference tournaments which will see a whole new round of upsets followed by the grinder of the NCAAs. And when that's done we get to see a whole new crop of amazing athletes either coming in as freshmen or off of redshirt.

You can keep the NFL.

Agreed. Even when "your team" wins I'm sure PSU fans and tOSU fans leave this weekend with feelings of disappointment with both Joseph and Snyder losing. On the flip side inspite of losing the duals, I'm sure Iowa and Michigan are very much celebrating Marinelli's and Coon's victories! What a sport! Edited by BigTenFanboy

Agreed. Even when "your team" wins I'm sure PSU fans and tOSU fans leave this weekend with feelings of disappointment with both Joseph and Snyder losing. On the flip side inspite of losing the duals, I'm sure Iowa and Michigan are very much celebrating Marinelli's and Coon's victories! What a sport!

No doubt.  We were at the BJC and Joseph losing basically ruined it for me.  Nevills was a nice consolation but I couldn't believe Joseph lost the way he did.  I still can't let it go, ALL HE HAD TO DO WAS NOT GO FOR A BIG THROW! :)

Dual meets being regularly televised in tthe Bog 10 Network and regional Fox Sports are also drawing people in to the point where ESPN had a prime time dual on Sunday night.  The NCAA Tournament is amazing but dual meets will save our sport.  Casual fans can follow a team and then get hooked.

The upsets this weekend were huge

Yeah You bet

In fact, as I sign off, I intend to go on down to our man-cave !

Watch PSU   vs   tOSU .

. . . ..  Again

Watch MICH  vs   tOSU.      

Dual meets being regularly televised in tthe Bog 10 Network and regional Fox Sports are also drawing people in to the point where ESPN had a prime time dual on Sunday night. The NCAA Tournament is amazing but dual meets will save our sport. Casual fans can follow a team and then get hooked.

CORRECT

No doubt.  We were at the BJC and Joseph losing basically ruined it for me.  Nevills was a nice consolation but I couldn't believe Joseph lost the way he did.  I still can't let it go, ALL HE HAD TO DO WAS NOT GO FOR A BIG THROW! :)

True, but without "going for a big throw" he doesn't beat Imar!  Take the good with the bad.  Generally, he wins that battle but that's why they wrestle the matches!