• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#21 MSU158

MSU158

Gold Member

• Members
  • 4,796 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 07:26 AM

What is a prayer going to do?  He needed and continues to need modern medicine and highly trained and skilled people to implement it.

I am sorry, but that is as much of, if not more, a dikhead comment as what sgallan did to you and in almost an identical way as sgallan responded to you.

Hypocritical to say the least.........

#22 jchapman

jchapman

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 07:28 AM

I am sorry, but that is as much of, if not more, a dikhead comment as what sgallan did to you and in almost an identical way as sgallan responded to you.

Hypocritical to say the least.........

?

Record Holder:  Most Escapes in a Season

#23 repechange

repechange

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 757 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 12:14 PM

I actually second that, he doesn't need prayers, he needs competent medical intervention which is what it sounds like he got. Religion had nothing to do with saving his life.
  • lurshy92 likes this

#24 tbert

tbert

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,034 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 12:51 PM

I actually second that, he doesn't need prayers, he needs competent medical intervention which is what it sounds like he got. Religion had nothing to do with saving his life.

Pretty sure his family disagrees with part of your statement

MAGA!

#25 BigTenFanboy

BigTenFanboy

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,783 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 01:41 PM

Pretty sure his family disagrees with part of your statement

As well as his friends

https://mobile.twitt...101114508947456

#26 MSU158

MSU158

Gold Member

• Members
  • 4,796 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 01:42 PM

?

Seriously? You sh*tting on a person's kind intentions of prayer is no different than sgallan jumping on you for saying you were looking forward to Coon and Snyder. Regardless of if you believe in a religion or not.

He didn't say the kid's only way to survive is through prayer and you didn't say Coon was going to mop the floor with Snyder. And yet, you both responded like that was said.

If he would have thrown religion at it, I get your response. But a kind offering of prayer is NOT a bad thing and can't hurt one bit. I simply thought you should have left that alone and were hypocritical for not doing so.

But, hey, this is a message board full of obstinate over opinionated jack asses(I am often a ringleader) so I shouldn't have been surprised.
  • TBar1977, teach and PhiferFuqua like this

#27 repechange

repechange

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 757 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 03:59 PM

Here is to a speedy recovery thanks to the quick work of staff. Puts things into perspective.

#28 SetonHallPirate

SetonHallPirate

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 10,622 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 04:20 PM

LemonPie - my guess is that 125-165 counted.

Just to clarify, 174 counted as well, as an injury default win for Seldon Wright, Reese's opponent, and the dual counted as a 19-6 win for Old Dominion. 184, 197, and heavyweight counted as no-contests.

• LemonPie likes this

Building a better Pirate...construction in process.

Editor-in-Chief, WrestlingByPirate

Website/Blog: http://wrestlingbypirate.wordpress.com

Twitter: @wrestlingbypir8

#29 lurshy92

lurshy92

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 11:35 PM

hope he is doing well! thankful for the medical professionals that saved his lfie

#30 LemonPie

LemonPie

Gold Member

• Members
  • 4,803 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 12:24 AM

Just to clarify, 174 counted as well, as an injury default win for Seldon Wright, Reese's opponent, and the dual counted as a 19-6 win for Old Dominion. 184, 197, and heavyweight counted as no-contests.

Thanks

Anyone but Heil '18

http://contenttolosebythree.com

#31 unbiased

unbiased

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 539 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 12:55 AM

Thoughts and prayers go out to Mr. Reese, his family, friends and the Ohio University wrestling community.

#32 jchapman

jchapman

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 01:55 AM

Seriously? You sh*tting on a person's kind intentions of prayer is no different than sgallan jumping on you for saying you were looking forward to Coon and Snyder. Regardless of if you believe in a religion or not.

He didn't say the kid's only way to survive is through prayer and you didn't say Coon was going to mop the floor with Snyder. And yet, you both responded like that was said.

If he would have thrown religion at it, I get your response. But a kind offering of prayer is NOT a bad thing and can't hurt one bit. I simply thought you should have left that alone and were hypocritical for not doing so.

But, hey, this is a message board full of obstinate over opinionated jack asses(I am often a ringleader) so I shouldn't have been surprised.

Perhaps I could have worded it better.  However, I made no personal attacks or religious attacks.  I was responding to the person's opinion that we all know what he needs now is prayers.  I asked for an explanation, then gave my opinion on what Austin needs now.  As it turns out, I am not the only one with this opinion, thus refuting that we all know what he needs.

#33 tbert

tbert

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,034 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 02:09 AM

I'm going to pray he gets all the medical attention needed
MAGA!

#34 Jasonmitchell32

Jasonmitchell32

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 877 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 02:16 AM

Honest question about AEDs - we have them in the wrestling room and a portable one that goes to tourneys with the varsity team (the youth doesnt get to take it, but there should be at least one at every event we go to) - but my question is this:  are they hard to use?  We've never been provided training on using one and I'd be scared that if something happened at practice, no one would know how to use the thing.

This whole thing makes me think I need to push to get us coaches some training.

• pamela likes this

#35 MSU158

MSU158

Gold Member

• Members
  • 4,796 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 02:32 AM

Perhaps I could have worded it better.  However, I made no personal attacks or religious attacks.  I was responding to the person's opinion that we all know what he needs now is prayers.  I asked for an explanation, then gave my opinion on what Austin needs now.  As it turns out, I am not the only one with this opinion, thus refuting that we all know what he needs.

Hey, I get it.  You are anti-religion and used this as a platform.  I just don't think a topic where a kid basically died on the mat is the one to use.  Although, I am religious, I am fully anti-pushing your religion and, if that was done, I would fully agree with you making a point.  But, in a case like this, saying everyone knows he needs prayers isn't a bad thing.  He didn't say ONLY or INSTEAD of modern medicine.  Hell, if he said everyone knows he needs our support and well wishes, would that have drawn the same response?

#36 coachwilks

coachwilks
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 02:36 AM

Honest question about AEDs - we have them in the wrestling room and a portable one that goes to tourneys with the varsity team (the youth doesnt get to take it, but there should be at least one at every event we go to) - but my question is this:  are they hard to use?  We've never been provided training on using one and I'd be scared that if something happened at practice, no one would know how to use the thing.

The ones that I have seen are very easy to use.  The machine walks you through it step by step.

#37 Chrissn2001

Chrissn2001

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 317 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 02:38 AM

I think it literally tells you step by step what you need to do...they're almost full proof, but training is always a plus.  

• MikePorcelli likes this

#38 jchapman

jchapman

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 02:48 AM

Hey, I get it.  You are anti-religion and used this as a platform.  I just don't think a topic where a kid basically died on the mat is the one to use.  Although, I am religious, I am fully anti-pushing your religion and, if that was done, I would fully agree with you making a point.  But, in a case like this, saying everyone knows he needs prayers isn't a bad thing.  He didn't say ONLY or INSTEAD of modern medicine.  Hell, if he said everyone knows he needs our support and well wishes, would that have drawn the same response?

Like I said, I admit I should have worded it differently.  Also, I think you are reading too much into it.  Why do you insist I am anti-religion?

#39 jchapman

jchapman

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 02:49 AM

They are very easy to use.  But, you should all be trained on how to use them, contact your local fire department as a starting point.

• MikePorcelli and pamela like this

#40 Jasonmitchell32

Jasonmitchell32

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 877 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 02:54 AM

They are very easy to use.  But, you should all be trained on how to use them, contact your local fire department as a starting point.

I think it literally tells you step by step what you need to do...they're almost full proof, but training is always a plus.  

Thanks guys - Im checking the AED out when I get to practice tonight.  I've never really thought about it until now.

• MikePorcelli likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users