Sign in to follow this  
vhsalum

Taha Akgul training at tOSU

So. Taha Akgul is training at tOSU for the month of February.  I found this video interview where it looks like he explains why.  Can anyone translate?

http://www.trtspor.com.tr/haber/diger-sporlar/gures/taha-akgul-amerika-yolcusu-153509.html

I will try to get a general translation tomorrow from a Turkish guy I work with.

Looks like Akgul would be favorite over Snyder. Amazing how Snyder sets these matches up!!!! He is the best in the world because he seeks all comers! I know Geno beat him but most would say this guy is the best heavyweight in the world. 5-2 record over Geno. Snyder would be competitive but I bet we don't see Snyder bumping up for another supermatch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GRoXp-880s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9k7RGwQt_Q

Akgul wins two minute goes! He looks to be to much for Kyle

Edited by PRyan2012

Looks like Akgul would be favorite over Snyder. Amazing how Snyder sets these matches up!!!! He is the best in the world because he seeks all comers! I know Geno beat him but most would say this guy is the best heavyweight in the world. 5-2 record over Geno. Snyder would be competitive but I bet we don't see Snyder bumping up for another supermatch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GRoXp-880s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9k7RGwQt_Q

Akgul wins two minute goes! He looks to be to much for Kyle

WOW.  That is really some awesome video.  

This was all set up by Kyle. He went after Akgul. He knows this guy is the best wrestler on the planet if all weights are combined and wanted a piece of him even though he is giving up 50lbs. Hats off to him but it would take a perfect match to pull off this upset.

Awesome to see 1) Bringing in the best wrestler in the world a weight above you to train with. 2) Posting the videos to youtube for everyone to see, even if Akgul is getting the best of him.

He even posted the Coon loss on his YouTube page, so he definitely doesn’t have issues showing himself taking a lump or two. It is really cool watching two monster world champs going live like that.

He even posted the Coon loss on his YouTube page, so he definitely doesn’t have issues showing himself taking a lump or two. It is really cool watching two monster world champs going live like that.

This is another reason why he is GOAT!!!!

He is the best since big B.

So I'm as pro-America as the next guy, but Akgul would take 9 of 10 from Bruce imo.   Watch him take down Gwiz five times in three minutes. And what heavvyweight has ever had par terre that was even comparable?   How he lost in the finals last year I can't comprehend but I wouldn't look for a repeat of history this year. 

I'd have to take Taymazov over Bruce as well.  Absolute beast. 

So I'm as pro-America as the next guy, but Akgul would take 9 of 10 from Bruce imo. Watch him take down Gwiz five times in three minutes. And what heavvyweight has ever had par terre that was even comparable? How he lost in the finals last year I can't comprehend but I wouldn't look for a repeat of history this year.

I'd have to take Taymazov over Bruce as well. Absolute beast.

Don't underestimate Pietrishvili. He is a monster as well.

I will try to get a general translation tomorrow from a Turkish guy I work with.

Sorry- I've been pretty busy this week. I did get my friend to give me a general translation: 

Says he is going to the US to train for a month.  Talks about getting different partners.  Specifically mentions Snyder.  Says Snyder has a reputation like him, as one of the best wrestlers in the world.  Looking forward to it.  Says the training in the US is different than in Turkey.  Said something specific about HOW it is different, but my friend didn't know how to translate.  (Prob something wrestling specific that friend didn't understand.)  Said Akgul sounds excited and looks forward to it.

Nothing ground breaking, but that's the gist of it...

So I'm as pro-America as the next guy, but Akgul would take 9 of 10 from Bruce imo. Watch him take down Gwiz five times in three minutes. And what heavvyweight has ever had par terre that was even comparable? How he lost in the finals last year I can't comprehend but I wouldn't look for a repeat of history this year.

I'd have to take Taymazov over Bruce as well. Absolute beast.

Even without the sauce? Because I don’t count his results. Tervel should have a medal. It’s not like wasn’t juiced to the gills at the Olympics 4 years older than the one he got popped at.

So I'm as pro-America as the next guy, but Akgul would take 9 of 10 from Bruce imo.   Watch him take down Gwiz five times in three minutes. And what heavvyweight has ever had par terre that was even comparable?   How he lost in the finals last year I can't comprehend but I wouldn't look for a repeat of history this year. 

I'd have to take Taymazov over Bruce as well.  Absolute beast. 

He is 5-2 against Geno and has beat Geno badly a couple of times. He is the best Heavy probably ever. He has one weakness-his gas tank. Geno came back at the end last year after Akgul took it to him early. I expect him to retake his throne. Taymazov was juiced up-he does not even count in GOAT rankings. I agree he is probably better than big B but lets see if Tahan can last 4 cycles. If he does that then he will probably be GOAT. I don't see Snyder bumping up and beating this guy!

He is 5-2 against Geno and has beat Geno badly a couple of times. He is the best Heavy probably ever. He has one weakness-his gas tank. Geno came back at the end last year after Akgul took it to him early. I expect him to retake his throne. Taymazov was juiced up-he does not even count in GOAT rankings. I agree he is probably better than big B but lets see if Tahan can last 4 cycles. If he does that then he will probably be GOAT. I don't see Snyder bumping up and beating this guy!

You may be right, but Geno is also 4 years younger.  Geno is only 23, and it's possible he has become his equal (or better) since many of those losses were during his development. Adam Coon is also 23 for reference.  

Edited by Billyhoyle