• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 tightwaist

tightwaist

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,493 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 10:35 AM

While he did mail the medal back, he did so because the finish is flaking off or showing deep stains. This is the case with many of the medals handed out in 2016 and they are being replaced.

Snyder is just too incomplete in folkstyle to be considered the best in NCAA's. He's clearly #1 at 97 KG and other than Sadulaev putting on some more size and going after him, no one appears to be close to him.

Free and Folk are different. That's 5 losses for Kyle now vs NCAA competition and they've happened mostly at 197 lbs, so this isn't a case of the guys being too big for him.

Snyder will be a 4x finalist, and odds on favorite to be a 3 time champ. I don't think he needs to be feel too bad about his folk style career. He is probably not as complete a collegiate folkstyler as Retherford, Dake, Stieber etc... But, I imagine they wouldn't mind having 1 or 2, or even 3 world titles all while still in college.

If Snyder flipped his schedule and spent 75% of the year focusing on folk, he'd probably be a Retherford type dominating HWT, even while giving up 40-50lbs. He is gifted enough to win at both styles, at the highest possible levels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Paul158 and Cletus_Tucker like this

#22 Two_on_one

Two_on_one

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 753 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 01:55 PM

Does anyone think Coon could go win a world Gold medal against guys his size.

Yes. With a full year of just freestyle. Yes.

#23 tbert

tbert

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,225 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 02:18 PM

Is Snyder still the best wrestler walking the planet? (per Flo)

Dont believe everything you hear on Flo..

I never thought he was the best wrestler on the planet.   He is the best take down artist in his  FS weight class, and with the  freestyle scoring criteria  now days ...thats all you need.   His par terre is good enough   until they are back on feet.   

MAGA!

#24 tbert

tbert

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,225 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 02:21 PM

Yes. With a full year of just freestyle. Yes.

He better go greco, he will have to cut  to wrestle freestyle

MAGA!

#25 Cletus_Tucker

Cletus_Tucker

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,287 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 05:50 AM

Snyder will be a 4x finalist, and odds on favorite to be a 3 time champ. I don't think he needs to be feel too bad about his folk style career. He is probably not as complete a collegiate folkstyler as Retherford, Dake, Stieber etc... But, I imagine they wouldn't mind having 1 or 2, or even 3 world titles all while still in college.

If Snyder flipped his schedule and spent 75% of the year focusing on folk, he'd probably be a Retherford type dominating HWT, even while giving up 40-50lbs. He is gifted enough to win at both styles, at the highest possible levels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I can agree with all that.     He's chosen to make freestyle his priority (says he does not train in folkstyle) and rightfully so.     He's doing better in free than in folk and that's to be expected.     2 or 3 NCAA titles, either way it's been a great career.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users