http://contenttolosebythree.com

#43 unbiased

unbiased

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 02:01 AM

delete.

Edited by unbiased, 13 February 2018 - 02:04 AM.

#44 VakAttack

VakAttack

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 23,912 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 02:52 AM

I-Mart also could have wrestled the Midlands where he would have seen Marinelli.  I think this is pretty clear cut.  If they use past seasons, I-Mart is the 1 seed.  If it's only based on this season, Marinelli is.

Collegiate Wrestling's Premier Thought Leader

#45 LemonPie

LemonPie

Gold Member

• Members
  • 5,141 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 03:04 AM

I-Mart also could have wrestled the Midlands where he would have seen Marinelli. I think this is pretty clear cut. If they use past seasons, I-Mart is the 1 seed. If it's only based on this season, Marinelli is.

Marinelli would have medical forfeited the finals.

Anyone but Heil '18

#46 pamela

pamela

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 03:19 AM

Have Marianelli or Joseph ever wrestled Chance Marsteller, like in high school or an open tourney or junior FS etc.? I know we are talking Big Tens but was just curious how they stack up with Chance as the benchmark.

#47 MSU158

MSU158

Gold Member

• Members
  • 4,989 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 03:41 AM

Have Marianelli or Joseph ever wrestled Chance Marsteller, like in high school or an open tourney or junior FS etc.? I know we are talking Big Tens but was just curious how they stack up with Chance as the benchmark.

IMar beat Marstellar pretty good at University Freestyle National Finals in 2016 14-10 and 15-5.  But Marstellar was competitive for most of both matches until gassing a bit and he is MUCH better at Freestyle.  He also beat Marstellar 9-6 in the 3rd place match at the 2017 Senior Men's World Team Trials.

Edited to add:  They were the only 2 contestants at the U23 2017 World Team Trials and IMAR also won there 8-2 and 7-6.

IMar is the only one of the "big 3" that Marstellar has wrestled and none of that was DI.

Edited by MSU158, 13 February 2018 - 03:53 AM.

#48 ionel

ionel

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 04:52 AM

I-Mart also could have wrestled the Midlands where he would have seen Marinelli.  I think this is pretty clear cut.  If they use past seasons, I-Mart is the 1 seed.  If it's only based on this season, Marinelli is.

well sure, but guess could've wrestled Reno, Vegas or Scuffle as well.  Midlands isn't a B10 tournament and there would've been no expectations that Martinez would necessarily wrestle anyone from the B10 at Midlands (except should've matched up seed wise with #4 Lewis).  Don't think Midlands was on his bucket list for this year.  Believe majored both Valencia &  Marinelli (so btdt) there the year before.  So given he was sick, why would it be high on his list of things to do over break, especially given chance to wrestle same B10 guys in dual meets? 

#49 Alwayswrestling

Alwayswrestling

Gold Member

• Members
  • 9,909 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 05:36 AM

Flying Tiger did you read all the posts on first page?  If not go back and read it.

#50 VakAttack

VakAttack

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 23,912 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 08:20 AM

well sure, but guess could've wrestled Reno, Vegas or Scuffle as well.  Midlands isn't a B10 tournament and there would've been no expectations that Martinez would necessarily wrestle anyone from the B10 at Midlands (except should've matched up seed wise with #4 Lewis).  Don't think Midlands was on his bucket list for this year.  Believe majored both Valencia &  Marinelli (so btdt) there the year before.  So given he was sick, why would it be high on his list of things to do over break, especially given chance to wrestle same B10 guys in dual meets? 

Except that Illinois actually competed in the Midlands, including Emery Parker winning a title this year.  I-Mart was supposed to wrestle at the tournament this year, but then didn't.

#51 ionel

ionel

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 08:32 AM

Except that Illinois actually competed in the Midlands, including Emery Parker winning a title this year.  I-Mart was supposed to wrestle at the tournament this year, but then didn't.

he was sick and btdt

#52 VakAttack

VakAttack

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 23,912 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 08:34 AM

he was sick and btdt

I have no doubt that he was sick.  But how is that any different from Marinelli, with a clearly injured knee, missing the one dual for who knows what reason?  The logic holds.

#53 LemonPie

LemonPie

Gold Member

• Members
  • 5,141 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 08:41 AM

If you had big 10 coaches rankings, Imar would be no. 1.  

He will be no. 1

Anyone but Heil '18

#54 ionel

ionel

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 08:43 AM

I have no doubt that he was sick.  But how is that any different from Marinelli, with a clearly injured knee, missing the one dual for who knows what reason?  The logic holds.

Marinelli waitied till the next week to wrestle his first match, thus missing the B10 dual.  Martinez wrestled all the B10 duals.

btw: if it was "clearly injured" they how was it "clearly fine" 7 days later?  I don't doubt they might've still been debating when to wrestle him, but think we all know they had no intention of the first time out being again Martinez a guy who majored him the previous year and then risk re-injury.  But a price you pay for not wrestling all the conference matches is perhaps not getting as good of seed in the conference tourney as you perhaps could have.  

#55 VakAttack

VakAttack

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 23,912 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 08:48 AM

Marinelli waitied till the next week to wrestle his first match, thus missing the B10 dual.  Martinez wrestled all the B10 duals.

btw: if it was "clearly injured" they how was it "clearly fine" 7 days later?  I don't doubt they might've still been debating when to wrestle him, but think we all know they had no intention of the first time out being again Martinez a guy who majored him the previous year and then risk re-injury.  But a price you pay for not wrestling all the conference matches is perhaps not getting as good of seed in the conference tourney as you perhaps could have.  

And a benefit to wrestling a stronger schedule overall is that you may get seeded higher.  If they seed only according to this season, Marinelli has wrestled by far a tougher schedule.  If they include past seasons, then I-Mart will.

#56 Alwayswrestling

Alwayswrestling

Gold Member

• Members
  • 9,909 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 09:01 AM

I personally do not see either of these two guys ever ducking anyone for the purpose of better their seed.  JMO

• AKHUNTER likes this

#57 wrestlingphish

wrestlingphish

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 09:01 AM

So if the doctor clears Marinelli to wrestle the 15th instead of the 8th Marinelli should say "No, if its fine in 7 days it is fine now" and overrule his doctors?

#58 ionel

ionel

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 09:08 AM

And a benefit to wrestling a stronger schedule overall is that you may get seeded higher.  If they seed only according to this season, Marinelli has wrestled by far a tougher schedule.  If they include past seasons, then I-Mart will.

nothing Martinez can do about the schedule the B10 gave them this year, all he could do is win all his matches against guys willing to show up

#59 VakAttack

VakAttack

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 23,912 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 09:31 AM

nothing Martinez can do about the schedule the B10 gave them this year, all he could do is win all his matches against guys willing to show up

The Midlands was on his schedule.

#60 jstock

jstock

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,077 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 09:52 AM

I hope Cenzo wins B1G and NCAA but IMar should be seeded 1st, then Alex or Cenzo 2nd and 3rd. Likely Iowa at 2 and Joseph at 3.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users