Sign in to follow this  
BigTenFanboy

Coon vs Snyder full match video

Lets give Coon his credit.  He's the one who made adjustments and figured out Snyder.  Everyone keeps talking about the weight.  It wasn't a factor in their first meeting, now all of a sudden it's the weight.  I think it's just Coon did his homework while injured and came back stronger.  Coon has world-class Greco and Freestyle skills.  He also probably had a chip on his shoulder.

****2016 Coon wrestled Snyder and lost

*****2017 Coon injured- trained his a$$ off 

*****2018 Coon beats Snyder and has potential shot at NCAA championship

Snyder's lack of upper body game showing. Seat of the pants lateral attempt against Nevills and Coon converting double unders into a takedown.

Snyder needs some serious work. Dude can't even beat a former NCAA finalist who has 50 lbs on him. He's wrestled 7 folk matches this year, so he should be at his peak and dominating everyone.

I can't believe people call him"best in the world"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snyder needs some serious work. Dude can't even beat a former NCAA finalist who has 50 lbs on him. He's wrestled 7 folk matches this year, so he should be at his peak and dominating everyone.

I can't believe people call him"best in the world"

Neither said nor implied this.  Guys are figuring out a way to take it to him.  You can deny that all you want.  And yes, I believe he is the best in the world.  Do I think his coaches should work with him to make adjustments so he can take his third title?  I hope so.

Lets give Coon his credit. He's the one who made adjustments and figured out Snyder. Everyone keeps talking about the weight. It wasn't a factor in their first meeting, now all of a sudden it's the weight. I think it's just Coon did his homework while injured and came back stronger. Coon has world-class Greco and Freestyle skills. He also probably had a chip on his shoulder.

****2016 Coon wrestled Snyder and lost

*****2017 Coon injured- trained his a$$ off

*****2018 Coon beats Snyder and has potential shot at NCAA championship

Perfectly stated.

Most collegiate wrestlers Kyle's size would have spent the entire off-season (and season) bulking up to wrestle 285.  Kyle's unique need to weigh in at 213 for freestyle tournaments, that take place in the middle of the college season, creates a huge challenge. 

IMO, Kyle is everything people say he is and more, but beating a great wrestler of Adam Coon's size, while trying to keep his weight close to 213 may be asking too much- not to mention the strain and fatigue from traveling the world, in season, to wrestle freestyle against the world's best.

I just watched both their matches. Coon put on 20lbs. 265 to 285 is a big difference and it looks like good weight! Snyder has to get a takedown early to win this one. I think his Greco training is the difference here along with added size. Snyder needs to adjust and pick his shots and do NOT go upper body again! I think he wins by focusing on low leg attacks and stopping the upper body go behinds. Remember the OTT when he kept trying to go upperbody with Varner and lost. He came right back after he made adjustments from trying to manhandle Varner, picked his shots and won comfortably by a couple takedowns. I wthink the next two Coon matches will go the same way. 5-2-5-3

My goodness what a size difference. Regardless of arbitrary weight classes, Snyder is giving up 60ish lbs.

25% of his own weight, to a borderline world class wrestler.

What does Suriano vs ZR look like? ZR vs Myles Martin?

Crazy

Yes, the size difference was insane.  That said, I think Snyder has the will and ability to make adjustments.  When Coon jumps on him, that has to hurt.  Bam!!!   He can lift these guys but couldn't on Coon.  He tried and just couldn't get there.  Flu might be an issue, he didn't look Snyder-like.  But Coon wrestled a very smart match and bested him.  I think it reverses at B1G's and NCAA's.  At least NCAA's. 

mspart

My goodness what a size difference. Regardless of arbitrary weight classes, Snyder is giving up 60ish lbs.

25% of his own weight, to a borderline world class wrestler.

What does Suriano vs ZR look like? ZR vs Myles Martin?

Crazy

Zain beats Myles...according to a few on here. Probably majors him

I just watched both their matches. Coon put on 20lbs. 265 to 285 is a big difference and it looks like good weight! Snyder has to get a takedown early to win this one. I think his Greco training is the difference here along with added size. Snyder needs to adjust and pick his shots and do NOT go upper body again! I think he wins by focusing on low leg attacks and stopping the upper body go behinds. Remember the OTT when he kept trying to go upperbody with Varner and lost. He came right back after he made adjustments from trying to manhandle Varner, picked his shots and won comfortably by a couple takedowns. I wthink the next two Coon matches will go the same way. 5-2-5-3

Nice post, PRyan. I watched their 2016 match last nite as well. In that match Snyder was able to get to his hi c and his 2 low singles to Coon's right leg and dump him pretty easily. He converted on 3 of shots.  He also wore on Coon with a lot of good head snaps.

Fast forward to this year and the match is entirely different. Coon controlled everything. No head snaps, three shots from Snyder and they are all stuffed and Coon nearly scores on all of them. The collar ties are all controlled by Coon. If you showed that match to  newbie they'd say Coon was the world champ, not Snyder. 

Nice post, PRyan. I watched their 2016 match last nite as well. In that match Snyder was able to get to his hi c and his 2 low singles to Coon's right leg and dump him pretty easily. He converted on 3 of shots.  He also wore on Coon with a lot of good head snaps.

Fast forward to this year and the match is entirely different. Coon controlled everything. No head snaps, three shots from Snyder and they are all stuffed and Coon nearly scores on all of them. The collar ties are all controlled by Coon. If you showed that match to  newbie they'd say Coon was the world champ, not Snyder. 

For the 4th time, who wins the next meeting?!?!

You're such a mean spirited little person. You'll gloat non step out of some bizarre jealousy, you clog the forum with page after page of dumb analysis, and no balls to pick against snyder in Rnd 2. 

Well Kyle is very astute, and has a history of making adjustments, and I think he comes to the Big Ten's with a different battle plan. I worry though, that Adam has just gotten too big and strong, and it may not matter what Kyle does. However, if Kyle is going to win either or both of these next two meetings, he's going to have to find a way to take Adam down, ( at least twice in both matches ), if he can, I think he can do it, if not, Adam will bring home the title.

Nice post, PRyan. I watched their 2016 match last nite as well. In that match Snyder was able to get to his hi c and his 2 low singles to Coon's right leg and dump him pretty easily. He converted on 3 of shots. He also wore on Coon with a lot of good head snaps.

Fast forward to this year and the match is entirely different. Coon controlled everything. No head snaps, three shots from Snyder and they are all stuffed and Coon nearly scores on all of them. The collar ties are all controlled by Coon. If you showed that match to newbie they'd say Coon was the world champ, not Snyder.

What a douchebag you are

Coon dominated.  That low shot he initiated then went into his tie up followed by a take down was a thing of beauty.    The defense was excellent and he managed the bout well.   Snyder is on record he doesn't practice folk style.     It costs him big in this match up with no top game and somewhat weak from the bottom.    I am a Snyder fan, but it's tough to not root for Coon.  What a fantastic story.