• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#21 de4856

de4856

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 03:24 PM

All I can say is wow, in the span of time since these two last squared off Adam has obviously gained in size and strength. Adam, who is obviously is much bigger, also looked like he was much stronger than Kyle. Which if I hadn't have seen, I wouldn't have believed. In some of those ties it looked like Kyle didn't want any part of them. I don't know how Kyle will gameplay for his next two meetings with Adam, but I think he will have to look to create more angles, and look for other attacks. But as of right now, I have to say that Adam has the edge going into the Big Ten's.
  • Yellow_Medal likes this

#22 hammerlockthree

hammerlockthree

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,126 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 03:31 PM

Hey, BOZO...Snyder/Coon #2 what happens?

(I already know you are gonna pick snyder)

Tbar scared to respond......

#23 headshuck

headshuck

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 15,585 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 04:05 PM

I’m calling flu. Snyder is gassing too soon in past couple of matches.
  • Yellow_Medal likes this

#24 repechange

repechange

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 757 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 04:07 PM

I already said I would go out on a limb in another thread and pick Coon the next two matches. Coon had two great shots and came close to converting with time running out in 2nd. I can see Coon winning by as much as 5 to 2 or as little as 3 to 2. Snyder will be coached up for B1G but you can bet that Coon will be too.

#25 TobusRex

TobusRex

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,061 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 07:30 PM

Coon even got jobbed out of a TD, in my opinion, at the end of the 2nd period.

Snyder didn't look very energetic to me, didn't take anywhere near enough shots to have a chance to win.

Edited by TobusRex, 12 February 2018 - 07:33 PM.

#26 tightwaist

tightwaist

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,414 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 09:26 PM

Zain

That's funny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#27 Coach_J

Coach_J

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,928 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 09:48 PM

Snyder's lack of upper body game showing.  Seat of the pants lateral attempt against Nevills and Coon converting double unders into a takedown.

All Motown, All the Time

www.writeondetroit.com

#28 fanta

fanta

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 09:52 PM

Lets give Coon his credit.  He's the one who made adjustments and figured out Snyder.  Everyone keeps talking about the weight.  It wasn't a factor in their first meeting, now all of a sudden it's the weight.  I think it's just Coon did his homework while injured and came back stronger.  Coon has world-class Greco and Freestyle skills.  He also probably had a chip on his shoulder.

****2016 Coon wrestled Snyder and lost

*****2017 Coon injured- trained his a$$ off 

*****2018 Coon beats Snyder and has potential shot at NCAA championship

#29 tightwaist

tightwaist

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,414 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 11:04 PM

Snyder's lack of upper body game showing. Seat of the pants lateral attempt against Nevills and Coon converting double unders into a takedown.

Snyder needs some serious work. Dude can't even beat a former NCAA finalist who has 50 lbs on him. He's wrestled 7 folk matches this year, so he should be at his peak and dominating everyone.

I can't believe people call him"best in the world"

#30 Coach_J

Coach_J

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,928 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 11:15 PM

Snyder needs some serious work. Dude can't even beat a former NCAA finalist who has 50 lbs on him. He's wrestled 7 folk matches this year, so he should be at his peak and dominating everyone.

I can't believe people call him"best in the world"

Neither said nor implied this.  Guys are figuring out a way to take it to him.  You can deny that all you want.  And yes, I believe he is the best in the world.  Do I think his coaches should work with him to make adjustments so he can take his third title?  I hope so.

All Motown, All the Time

www.writeondetroit.com

#31 TBar1977

TBar1977

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 11,514 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 11:45 PM

Lets give Coon his credit. He's the one who made adjustments and figured out Snyder. Everyone keeps talking about the weight. It wasn't a factor in their first meeting, now all of a sudden it's the weight. I think it's just Coon did his homework while injured and came back stronger. Coon has world-class Greco and Freestyle skills. He also probably had a chip on his shoulder.

****2016 Coon wrestled Snyder and lost

*****2017 Coon injured- trained his a$$ off

*****2018 Coon beats Snyder and has potential shot at NCAA championship

Perfectly stated.

I have set aside funds to have six Green Bay Packers be my pall bearers, that way they can let me down one final time. 

#32 scribe

scribe

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 12,893 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 11:48 PM

Zain Retherford vs Pete Renda? Who wins this?
That is the equivalent of Snyder vs. Coon weight wise.

snyder is a tweener. But I’d still not bet against him. He wins the next two against coon.
  • Plasmodium, tightwaist and Paul158 like this

"This space for rent"

#33 williamhofithaca

williamhofithaca
  • Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 12:56 AM

Most collegiate wrestlers Kyle's size would have spent the entire off-season (and season) bulking up to wrestle 285.  Kyle's unique need to weigh in at 213 for freestyle tournaments, that take place in the middle of the college season, creates a huge challenge. 

IMO, Kyle is everything people say he is and more, but beating a great wrestler of Adam Coon's size, while trying to keep his weight close to 213 may be asking too much- not to mention the strain and fatigue from traveling the world, in season, to wrestle freestyle against the world's best.

• tightwaist and xander like this

#34 unbiased

unbiased

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 539 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 01:04 AM

Is there any chance that Snyder just got out wrestled by Coon on Sunday?
  • squeek likes this

#35 scribe

scribe

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 12,893 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 01:13 AM

Is there any chance that Snyder just got out wrestled by Coon on Sunday?

definitely on that day.
  • xander likes this

"This space for rent"

#36 PRyan2012

PRyan2012

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,908 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 02:34 AM

I just watched both their matches. Coon put on 20lbs. 265 to 285 is a big difference and it looks like good weight! Snyder has to get a takedown early to win this one. I think his Greco training is the difference here along with added size. Snyder needs to adjust and pick his shots and do NOT go upper body again! I think he wins by focusing on low leg attacks and stopping the upper body go behinds. Remember the OTT when he kept trying to go upperbody with Varner and lost. He came right back after he made adjustments from trying to manhandle Varner, picked his shots and won comfortably by a couple takedowns. I wthink the next two Coon matches will go the same way. 5-2-5-3

• pamela likes this

#37 NJWC

NJWC

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,356 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 02:44 AM

My goodness what a size difference. Regardless of arbitrary weight classes, Snyder is giving up 60ish lbs.
25% of his own weight, to a borderline world class wrestler.
What does Suriano vs ZR look like? ZR vs Myles Martin?
Crazy

#38 paboom

paboom

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 695 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 03:02 AM

Size difference is insane.

Even though Snyder was gassing in the 1st, I can see Coon taking the next two.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

#39 mspart

mspart

Gold Member

• Members
  • 5,980 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 03:35 AM

Yes, the size difference was insane.  That said, I think Snyder has the will and ability to make adjustments.  When Coon jumps on him, that has to hurt.  Bam!!!   He can lift these guys but couldn't on Coon.  He tried and just couldn't get there.  Flu might be an issue, he didn't look Snyder-like.  But Coon wrestled a very smart match and bested him.  I think it reverses at B1G's and NCAA's.  At least NCAA's. 

mspart

#40 tightwaist

tightwaist

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,414 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 03:42 AM

My goodness what a size difference. Regardless of arbitrary weight classes, Snyder is giving up 60ish lbs.
25% of his own weight, to a borderline world class wrestler.
What does Suriano vs ZR look like? ZR vs Myles Martin?
Crazy

Zain beats Myles...according to a few on here. Probably majors him

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users