Zain beats Myles...according to a few on here. Probably majors him

Tech's him. In less than a min.

#42 TBar1977

TBar1977

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 12,425 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 06:11 AM

I just watched both their matches. Coon put on 20lbs. 265 to 285 is a big difference and it looks like good weight! Snyder has to get a takedown early to win this one. I think his Greco training is the difference here along with added size. Snyder needs to adjust and pick his shots and do NOT go upper body again! I think he wins by focusing on low leg attacks and stopping the upper body go behinds. Remember the OTT when he kept trying to go upperbody with Varner and lost. He came right back after he made adjustments from trying to manhandle Varner, picked his shots and won comfortably by a couple takedowns. I wthink the next two Coon matches will go the same way. 5-2-5-3

Nice post, PRyan. I watched their 2016 match last nite as well. In that match Snyder was able to get to his hi c and his 2 low singles to Coon's right leg and dump him pretty easily. He converted on 3 of shots.  He also wore on Coon with a lot of good head snaps.

Fast forward to this year and the match is entirely different. Coon controlled everything. No head snaps, three shots from Snyder and they are all stuffed and Coon nearly scores on all of them. The collar ties are all controlled by Coon. If you showed that match to  newbie they'd say Coon was the world champ, not Snyder. 

Penn State - NCAA Champions 7 of the last 8 Years

#43 WrestlingFan89

WrestlingFan89

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 660 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 06:19 AM

Snyder will need 2 takedowns to win, I’d guess he chooses neutral in the next 2 matches to give him more time to try to get takedowns and to not waste a ton of energy trying to get out.

Edited by WrestlingFan89, 13 February 2018 - 06:19 AM.

#44 hammerlockthree

hammerlockthree

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 06:22 AM

Nice post, PRyan. I watched their 2016 match last nite as well. In that match Snyder was able to get to his hi c and his 2 low singles to Coon's right leg and dump him pretty easily. He converted on 3 of shots.  He also wore on Coon with a lot of good head snaps.

Fast forward to this year and the match is entirely different. Coon controlled everything. No head snaps, three shots from Snyder and they are all stuffed and Coon nearly scores on all of them. The collar ties are all controlled by Coon. If you showed that match to  newbie they'd say Coon was the world champ, not Snyder. 

For the 4th time, who wins the next meeting?!?!

You're such a mean spirited little person. You'll gloat non step out of some bizarre jealousy, you clog the forum with page after page of dumb analysis, and no balls to pick against snyder in Rnd 2. 

#45 repechange

repechange

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 765 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 07:03 AM

I already picked against Snyder round 2 and 3. Coon will convert those shots next time, and will continue to crowd the crap out of Snyder.

#46 de4856

de4856

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,475 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 04:24 PM

Well Kyle is very astute, and has a history of making adjustments, and I think he comes to the Big Ten's with a different battle plan. I worry though, that Adam has just gotten too big and strong, and it may not matter what Kyle does. However, if Kyle is going to win either or both of these next two meetings, he's going to have to find a way to take Adam down, ( at least twice in both matches ), if he can, I think he can do it, if not, Adam will bring home the title.

#47 tightwaist

tightwaist

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,493 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 04:50 PM

Nice post, PRyan. I watched their 2016 match last nite as well. In that match Snyder was able to get to his hi c and his 2 low singles to Coon's right leg and dump him pretty easily. He converted on 3 of shots. He also wore on Coon with a lot of good head snaps.

Fast forward to this year and the match is entirely different. Coon controlled everything. No head snaps, three shots from Snyder and they are all stuffed and Coon nearly scores on all of them. The collar ties are all controlled by Coon. If you showed that match to newbie they'd say Coon was the world champ, not Snyder.

What a douchebag you are

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#48 hammerlockthree

hammerlockthree

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 04:51 PM

And he refuses to predict the rematch......

#49 Cletus_Tucker

Cletus_Tucker

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,249 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 05:01 PM

Coon dominated.  That low shot he initiated then went into his tie up followed by a take down was a thing of beauty.    The defense was excellent and he managed the bout well.   Snyder is on record he doesn't practice folk style.     It costs him big in this match up with no top game and somewhat weak from the bottom.    I am a Snyder fan, but it's tough to not root for Coon.  What a fantastic story.     

#50 Peso

Peso

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 371 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 09:22 PM

I'm a Gwiz fan, no doubt about it.  Watching this match makes me wonder how an Adam and Gwiz match would come out.  

• xander likes this

#51 TBar1977

TBar1977

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 12,425 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 12:21 AM

What a douchebag you are

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What I wrote that could possibly have inspired such hate in you is a complete mystery, but hate is what your post is all about, tightwaist. You are officially on ignore.

Edited by TBar1977, 14 February 2018 - 01:57 AM.

Penn State - NCAA Champions 7 of the last 8 Years

#52 BigTimeFan

BigTimeFan

Gold Member

• Members
  • 5,407 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 03:23 AM

Thanks for posting and all the great comments.

The size difference reminded me of one of those cheesy monster movies where king kong battles Godzilla and we think, Kong looks tiny there. 

If Kyle hadn't been taken down 2x by Nevills I'd say case closed, Coon's size and strength and advantage is a tough mountain to climb. However, for the most part I believe Snyder is down a notch -- flu, school, personal, who knows -- I am of the belief he looked half himself. He didn't take any low shots, he was completely wrecked after his first high-c attempt and that was that. I bet on Snyder to win convincingly at NCAAs.

#53 pamela

pamela

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 03:55 AM

The point earlier about Snyder going nonstop between worlds, Olympics, college, camps, etc. is a good one. We are a few weeks out from Big Tens and about a month away from NCAAs. Does Tom Ryan sit Kyle out for a couple of weeks to recharge? Would it help?

It's hard to tell if a small break from the grind would be beneficial, or if it's better for Synder's psychologically to get back out on the mat for NC State.

#54 gutfirst

gutfirst

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,601 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 05:01 AM

in the 1st period snyder tried to finish his hi c from bad position with his back round trying to lift. nothing new because he often has his back round when in on legs and scores. this time he just wasn't strong enough to do it wrong and make it work. changes the whole match if he scores.

#55 hammerlockthree

hammerlockthree

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 05:44 AM

What I wrote that could possibly have inspired such hate in you is a complete mystery, but hate is what your post is all about, tightwaist. You are officially on ignore.

You're too small minded to put someone on ignore. Pretending comes in handy though when say, you are scared to predict a wrestling match....

Edited by hammerlockthree, 14 February 2018 - 05:44 AM.

#56 teach

teach

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 609 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 06:19 AM

Synder the next two,  The world champ will figure it out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users