• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Kentucky_Mudflap

Kentucky_Mudflap

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 715 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 02:39 AM

Gents thanks for the kudos and laudations and all the kind words I broke the Downey story and shut them folks up what was saying Downey was gonna wrestle on account of how he got Jesus and done all them internet courses and got his sheepskin from ISU in basket weaving and was gonna get his national title gents the Voice of Wrestling brakes all the big ones I got the sources and the truth serum to get it out of them you gents need yourself the inside scoop drop me a line I got the info or I can get it thanks for taking me in when nobody wanted me you guys are like a reel family to me especially you Medicine Man.

Hombres I was listening to Tommy talk at one of his interviews about how he needs 14 skollies and thinking about all them gents whats saying Title 9 and them field hockey gals are whats killing wrestling and thinking on it so hard my head hurt and then finally it come to me it aint about needing 14 skollies its about being a good coach and using what you got Tommy Ryan and Kale aint complaining course there skollies is on the mat scoring points instead of stacked up at 141 and 197 somehow there better at ciphering than Tommy maybe Tommy you need Perry to help figure these intracacies out and get your act together for you.

Now gents figure this you got 8000 at Michigan over the weekend and you got Penn State sold out and even with almost 20 years of mediocer work under Z and T&T at Iowa there getting lotsa fans on account of Gables work the gratest coach of the worlds oldest and gratest sport there getting fans wipe a tear from my eye when I think of them teams but that aint no more friends enoughs enough let them gents on the other bored make them excuses.

Where you got good coaches and exciting wrestling you got fans take a look at Goodale and that Popolizo gent down to NC States making a program and even Smittys drawing fans and Dressers building up and getting some fans and Smith down to Mizzou gets some butts in the seats.

Now hombres take Wesconsin and Barry Davis and Indiana and Goldman and Maryland and Mccoy and Northwestern and Storniolo and all them other gents whats just cashing a paycheck what dont have **** for talent aint strong and dont got no fite in them dont draw flies because they dont got a wrestling team they dont got ****.

Now gents follow on hear and if you have to think reel hard and scratch your nuts or whatever do it saying you need more skollies is like taking a kid what cant make his Lego castle and getting him a semi full of Lego kits and saying thats what fixes it gents Goldman and Davis couldnt get a good team if he had a 1000 skollies tell me one of you guys say Mccoys gonna have a good team if he got 20 skollies and Ill call you a liar.

Im sick of these gents whats crying around and complaining and blaming them gals whats jumping around on there horses or playing soccer gents this is the worlds oldest and gratest sport we dont got room for crying around follow on with Kale and Ryan and get your act together or find another job selling insurance or reel estate or whatnot work harder and smarter and get yourself a better team gents and then them fans is gonna fill up them stands chip in gents if Im wrong then Ill own up to it but I think Im onto something hear.

• Medicine_Man likes this

#2 Coach_J

Coach_J

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 02:47 AM

He came too close to spelling Popolizio correctly.  Slipping, Flap.

All Motown, All the Time

www.writeondetroit.com

#3 steamboat_charlie

steamboat_charlie

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,076 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 03:39 AM

But flap... Kaels got much more than 14 skollies, what with that there Nitney Lion RTC endowment.  A gent like urself has gotta be able to figure you take $5 million and divide that by $45k and I'm not reel good with maths myself but thats over 100 skollies thems the facts look it up.  

#4 stonerd7

stonerd7

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 04:06 AM

For working with what Bono has in Brookings, SD; small town and previously irrelevant to the national scene, he has got to be doing "more with less" and has butts in seats for every meet, and all of them are crazy for the team and program.  In my opinion, he is setting the standard of what a coach can/should do.

• LaxHawk174 and ThatLogSchuteWasCarrying like this

#5 SetonHallPirate

SetonHallPirate

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 10,719 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 04:09 AM

Right...Mike Denney was a terrible, horrible coach, that's why he got Nebraska-Omaha dropped...oh, wait, never mind, he'd just won his third straight National Championship the night the program was dropped!

• Yellow_Medal, Greatdane67 and ThatLogSchuteWasCarrying like this

Building a better Pirate...construction in process.

Editor-in-Chief, WrestlingByPirate

Website/Blog: http://wrestlingbypirate.wordpress.com

Twitter: @wrestlingbypir8

Building a smarter wrestling fan

#6 pennsyrules

pennsyrules

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 04:41 AM

Our other issue is the people that love wrestling the most are the older white guys.  While we might not mind spending some money on wrestling, it doesn't bode well for the future unless we can get interest in the younger ages.  I am 54 and was the youngest person I could see around me at the PSU-Iowa match.  

Edited by pennsyrules, 13 February 2018 - 04:42 AM.

#7 ionel

ionel

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 05:19 AM

But flap... Kaels got much more than 14 skollies, what with that there Nitney Lion RTC endowment.  A gent like urself has gotta be able to figure you take $5 million and divide that by $45k and I'm not reel good with maths myself but thats over 100 skollies thems the facts look it up.  

and don't forget Tommie has more than 12 skollies, what with recruit'n em in on a skolly then switching em over to camp'n funds to open up for more recruit'n.  And don't forget, hes got Perry whoes reel good at ciphering them benny franklin $s just like'n he is wit film.  Flap noes the truth ands got the serum but he don't always speek it.  ;)

#8 WillieBoy

WillieBoy

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,498 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 06:15 AM

Boise State and BYU both had good coaching. It is not the coaching that is the problem, it is the girly-men who are afraid of wrestling. Title 9 is an excuse as stupid as "the devil made me do it" and "that wasn't the real me".

#9 Missourimatman

Missourimatman

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 439 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 06:39 AM

Smith is a good coach no doubt, but there are few butts in the seats at Mizzou duals unfortunately.

#10 LaxHawk174

LaxHawk174

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 07:22 AM

For working with what Bono has in Brookings, SD; small town and previously irrelevant to the national scene, he has got to be doing "more with less" and has butts in seats for every meet, and all of them are crazy for the team and program.  In my opinion, he is setting the standard of what a coach can/should do.

I definitely agree. Any smaller school, or Non-Traditional wrestling power need look no further than SDSU and Bono to figure out how to elevate their program and excitement around it. Very impressive what he has done there in a short amount of time. 

Edited by LaxHawk174, 13 February 2018 - 07:23 AM.

#11 paboom

paboom

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 897 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 08:07 AM

Bono is doing a great job but he has zero competition.

Here is PA, it is tough and now all the schools have to deal with all the new PSU fans.

No lie because I just read this on the PSU forum where they had a problem with the Bethlehem Catholic wrestlers sitting behind the Lehigh team and actually cheering for them against PSU. I mean the nerve of those kids!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

#12 southend

southend

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 705 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 02:26 PM

Gents thanks for the kudos and laudations and all the kind words I broke the Downey story and shut them folks up what was saying Downey was gonna wrestle on account of how he got Jesus and done all them internet courses and got his sheepskin from ISU in basket weaving and was gonna get his national title gents the Voice of Wrestling brakes all the big ones I got the sources and the truth serum to get it out of them you gents need yourself the inside scoop drop me a line I got the info or I can get it thanks for taking me in when nobody wanted me you guys are like a reel family to me especially you Medicine Man.

Hombres I was listening to Tommy talk at one of his interviews about how he needs 14 skollies and thinking about all them gents whats saying Title 9 and them field hockey gals are whats killing wrestling and thinking on it so hard my head hurt and then finally it come to me it aint about needing 14 skollies its about being a good coach and using what you got Tommy Ryan and Kale aint complaining course there skollies is on the mat scoring points instead of stacked up at 141 and 197 somehow there better at ciphering than Tommy maybe Tommy you need Perry to help figure these intracacies out and get your act together for . gents Goldman and Davis couldnt get a good team if he had a 1000 skollies tell me one of you guys say Mccoys gonna have a good team if he got 20 skollies and Ill call you a liar.

Im sick of these gents whats crying around and complaining and blaming them gals whats jumping around on there horses or playing soccer gents this is the worlds oldest and gratest sport we dont got room for crying around follow on with Kale and Ryan and get your act together or find another job selling insurance or reel estate or whatnot work harder and smarter and get yourself a better team gents and then them fans is gonna fill up them stands chip in gents if Im wrong then Ill own up to it but I think Im onto something hear.

Gents, GOLDMAN couldt get a good team if he had a 1000 skollies!  

This is why FLAP is the professor of wrestling.

#13 gowrestle

gowrestle

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,200 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 04:13 PM

For wrestling to survive, more fans need to be in the seats.

#14 nyum

nyum

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 337 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 04:15 PM

For wrestling to survive, more fans need to be in the seats.

Wrestling isnt going anywhere

#15 Billyhoyle

Billyhoyle

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,223 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 04:16 PM

So the key to driving up fan attendance is fielding a top 10 team.  Unfortunately, it's impossible for more than 10 teams to do this.  I have a solution:  Award two teams each ranking position.  Impossible you say?  Well we do it at worlds and the olympics with the 2 bronze medal system.  

#16 nyum

nyum

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 337 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 04:20 PM

So the key to driving up fan attendance is fielding a top 10 team. Unfortunately, it's impossible for more than 10 teams to do this. I have a solution: Award two teams each ranking position. Impossible you say? Well we do it at worlds and the olympics with the 2 bronze medal system.

Pls stop

Besides world/Olympic goes 1,2,3,3,5,5

#17 Billyhoyle

Billyhoyle

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,223 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 04:30 PM

Pls stop

Besides world/Olympic goes 1,2,3,3,5,5

Do you want the sport to die?  It's a mathematic impossibility to have more than 10 in the top 10 by the current ranking system.  Flap astutely points out that top ranked teams are having good attendance.  Well, if you put Wis or UMD in in the top 10, some other team gets bumped out and their attendance will go down.  The only solution is to have more than 10 teams in the top 10.  

The NCAA basketball tournament does the same thing by having 4 of each seed.  It's a much bigger deal when a team can say they are a "4 seed" instead of simply being the 16th ranked team.  A 6 seed being upset by an 11 seed sounds better than the 24th ranked team losing to the 39th ranked team. 

Edited by Billyhoyle, 13 February 2018 - 04:33 PM.

#18 Tennesea_hubcap

Tennesea_hubcap
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 04:35 PM

Hombres I was listening to Tommy talk at one of his interviews about how he needs 14 skollies and thinking about all them gents whats saying Title 9 and them field hockey gals are whats killing wrestling and thinking on it so hard my head hurt and then finally it come to me it aint about needing 14 skollies its about being a good coach and using what you got Tommy Ryan and Kale aint complaining course there skollies is on the mat scoring points instead of stacked up at 141 and 197 somehow there better at ciphering than Tommy maybe Tommy you need Perry to help figure these intracacies out and get your act together for you.

Now gents figure this you got 8000 at Michigan over the weekend and you got Penn State sold out and even with almost 20 years of mediocer work under Z and T&T at Iowa there getting lotsa fans on account of Gables work the gratest coach of the worlds oldest and gratest sport there getting fans wipe a tear from my eye when I think of them teams but that aint no more friends enoughs enough let them gents on the other bored make them excuses.

Where you got good coaches and exciting wrestling you got fans take a look at Goodale and that Popolizo gent down to NC States making a program and even Smittys drawing fans and Dressers building up and getting some fans and Smith down to Mizzou gets some butts in the seats.

Now hombres take Wesconsin and Barry Davis and Indiana and Goldman and Maryland and Mccoy and Northwestern and Storniolo and all them other gents whats just cashing a paycheck what dont have **** for talent aint strong and dont got no fite in them dont draw flies because they dont got a wrestling team they dont got ****.

Now gents follow on hear and if you have to think reel hard and scratch your nuts or whatever do it saying you need more skollies is like taking a kid what cant make his Lego castle and getting him a semi full of Lego kits and saying thats what fixes it gents Goldman and Davis couldnt get a good team if he had a 1000 skollies tell me one of you guys say Mccoys gonna have a good team if he got 20 skollies and Ill call you a liar.

Mom is demanding 1/2 of the roofing business and the title to the conception cabin -- she's seeking paternity (using your cigarette filters for DNA)

#19 gowrestle

gowrestle

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,200 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 10:43 PM

Wrestling isnt going anywhere

Other than a few programs, no one knows where it is.

#20 nyum

nyum

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 337 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 12:43 AM

Do you want the sport to die? It's a mathematic impossibility to have more than 10 in the top 10 by the current ranking system. Flap astutely points out that top ranked teams are having good attendance. Well, if you put Wis or UMD in in the top 10, some other team gets bumped out and their attendance will go down. The only solution is to have more than 10 teams in the top 10.

The NCAA basketball tournament does the same thing by having 4 of each seed. It's a much bigger deal when a team can say they are a "4 seed" instead of simply being the 16th ranked team. A 6 seed being upset by an 11 seed sounds better than the 24th ranked team losing to the 39th ranked team.

That’s what conference rankings are for

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users