pamela

XXII Outstanding Ukrainian Wrestlers and Coaches Memorial

Was there ever any word on Ringer's no-show at Yarygin? It looks like he'll be competing at the Ukrainian International/Wrestlers & Coaches Memorial Tournament in Kiev, UKR Feb 23-25 - I guess he won bronze at this last year? 

Not sure who else is going. Does anyone know?

https://unitedworldwrestling.org/event/xxii-outstanding-ukrainian-wrestlers-and-coaches-memorial

Nice - who is Iran sending?

People on social media were surprised that Ringer wasn't going to Cuba, too. Maybe it's related to the administration's renewed travel restrictions to Cuba? I dunno.

There are no shortage of US wrestlers going to Cuba, so I doubt that is it.  https://www.teamusa.org/USA-Wrestling/Features/2018/February/08/Cerro-Pelado-Granma-Cup-in-Cuba

Thanks! WOW, that really is a huge group going:

This six-day event will feature 13 Greco-Roman wrestlers, two women’s freestyle wrestlers and 30 men’s freestyle wrestlers from USA Wrestling.

The article says that Dieringer is going to Cuba though, so maybe the list has changed a bit. I think James Green, Victoria Anthony and Helen Maroulis are going to Kiev. I think I saw that JG and Victoria won last year and Helen took the bronze. I don't remember who else.

What a delegation - it's great that our wrestlers are getting out there and competing!

Looks like we'll get to see J'Den Cox at his new weight. I was also surprised to see Mega because I didn't know he was still wrestling, but also that he's registered for 61kg! 

Nice - who is Iran sending?

This is their original list, and I assume we won't have any change

65 Esmaeilpour, Biabani

74 Rashidi, Teymouri

79 Hassantabar, Motaghinia

86 Ghasempour

92 Shahbazi, Mohebbi

125 Ghasemi, Mohebbi

edit. the list is final, I removed few names.

Edited by wrestfan

Has there been a more disastrous matchup for any wrestler in history than Bonne for Ramos? He not only loses but gets embarrassed every single time.

I think the first time Ramos actually had a lead for a couple minutes...?  But yeah, none of them have ended well.

What was Heflin's injury? He wrestled well at Yarygin and I hope to see him healthy at trials against Cox.

I guess Walz teched Salas? Wow!

Is there any chance Tony Ramos can make 57kg again under the new weigh-in rules??

What was Heflin's injury? He wrestled well at Yarygin and I hope to see him healthy at trials against Cox.

I guess Walz teched Salas? Wow!

Is there any chance Tony Ramos can make 57kg again under the new weigh-in rules??

Tone and 57 kilos? who knows. New rules do not allow you to quickly gain weight. It's literally 2 hours before the start of matches after weigh-ins

Wonder if he did the mean face to intimidate Bonne. Works like a charm.

Bonne probably would slap his face back and forth while using his leg to thrash Ramos around like he did with him at NYC event a while ago to make him cry. Bonne is a unreal. He should’ve been the world medalist for many years. He won only two bronzes. I don’t understand this guy. Edited by Buckeyebison