pamela

XXII Outstanding Ukrainian Wrestlers and Coaches Memorial

Was there ever any word on Ringer's no-show at Yarygin? It looks like he'll be competing at the Ukrainian International/Wrestlers & Coaches Memorial Tournament in Kiev, UKR Feb 23-25 - I guess he won bronze at this last year? 

Not sure who else is going. Does anyone know?

https://unitedworldwrestling.org/event/xxii-outstanding-ukrainian-wrestlers-and-coaches-memorial

Nice - who is Iran sending?

People on social media were surprised that Ringer wasn't going to Cuba, too. Maybe it's related to the administration's renewed travel restrictions to Cuba? I dunno.

People on social media were surprised that Ringer wasn't going to Cuba, too. Maybe it's related to the administration's renewed travel restrictions to Cuba? I dunno.

There are no shortage of US wrestlers going to Cuba, so I doubt that is it.  https://www.teamusa.org/USA-Wrestling/Features/2018/February/08/Cerro-Pelado-Granma-Cup-in-Cuba

Thanks! WOW, that really is a huge group going:

This six-day event will feature 13 Greco-Roman wrestlers, two women’s freestyle wrestlers and 30 men’s freestyle wrestlers from USA Wrestling.

The article says that Dieringer is going to Cuba though, so maybe the list has changed a bit. I think James Green, Victoria Anthony and Helen Maroulis are going to Kiev. I think I saw that JG and Victoria won last year and Helen took the bronze. I don't remember who else.

What a delegation - it's great that our wrestlers are getting out there and competing!

Looks like we'll get to see J'Den Cox at his new weight. I was also surprised to see Mega because I didn't know he was still wrestling, but also that he's registered for 61kg! 

This is their original list, and I assume we won't have any change

65 Esmaeilpour, Biabani

74 Rashidi, Teymouri

79 Hassantabar, Motaghinia

86 Ghasempour

92 Shahbazi, Mohebbi

125 Ghasemi, Mohebbi

edit. the list is final, I removed few names.

Edited by wrestfan

Has there been a more disastrous matchup for any wrestler in history than Bonne for Ramos? He not only loses but gets embarrassed every single time.

I think the first time Ramos actually had a lead for a couple minutes...?  But yeah, none of them have ended well.

What was Heflin's injury? He wrestled well at Yarygin and I hope to see him healthy at trials against Cox.

I guess Walz teched Salas? Wow!

Is there any chance Tony Ramos can make 57kg again under the new weigh-in rules??

What was Heflin's injury? He wrestled well at Yarygin and I hope to see him healthy at trials against Cox.

I guess Walz teched Salas? Wow!

Is there any chance Tony Ramos can make 57kg again under the new weigh-in rules??

Tone and 57 kilos? who knows. New rules do not allow you to quickly gain weight. It's literally 2 hours before the start of matches after weigh-ins

Has there been a more disastrous matchup for any wrestler in history than Bonne for Ramos? He not only loses but gets embarrassed every single time.

Wonder if he did the mean face to intimidate Bonne.  Works like a charm.

Wonder if he did the mean face to intimidate Bonne. Works like a charm.

Bonne probably would slap his face back and forth while using his leg to thrash Ramos around like he did with him at NYC event a while ago to make him cry. Bonne is a unreal. He should’ve been the world medalist for many years. He won only two bronzes. I don’t understand this guy. Edited by Buckeyebison