NJDan

What about Coon for Hodge

This has been brought up in the last few pages of the few hodge threads on the first page. Obviously Zain is mowing people over but Coon would certainly have a good case if he won out.

It sure is...Coon has to win out to win out to have even a remote shot at the Hodge...his competition is Zain. It is more likely that Coon loses than Zain loses when comparing the two in relation to the Hodge. Yes, it the premise. 

It sure is...Coon has to win out to win out to have even a remote shot at the Hodge...his competition is Zain. It is more likely that Coon loses than Zain loses when comparing the two in relation to the Hodge. Yes, it the premise. 

look at the first post in the topic. You are wrong.

But let’s be real it’s already on its way to retherfords dorm room.

Actually it's been sitting on his book shelf for quite some time now, ZR has just been waiting to see if any have enough guts to try and take it away from him.

look at the first post in the topic. You are wrong.

If he wins out

The chances of Coon losing in one of two more match ups with Snyder is more likely than Zain losing. 

I question whether he will win out with two matches left with Snyder...which is less likely than Zain losing. Yep, I'm on track. But thanks for policing the  thread and letting me know I am wrong over my post. 

Edited by Idaho

Actually it's been sitting on his book shelf for quite some time now, ZR has just been waiting to see if any have enough guts to try and take it away from him.

I’d like to see Zain try to stop coon from taking it off his book shelf

7th time. Who are you predicting in the Coon/Snyder rematch? No one thinks you are smart on here, it's ok to flub a prediction.

For the record, I would take Snyder. He is, pound for pound, one of the five best folk style wrestlers in college today. I think he figures out a way to reverse this result.

if Coon wins out...and Zain wins out....and they continue at same bonus rates as now....Zain should win (by the Hodge criteria) but don't be surprised if Coon does win (because WIN does not necessarily follow their own criteria, or rather they occasionally pick and choose what criteria they want to emphasize). 

Bonus points be damned, if Coon stays undefeated, on his same bonus pace and ends up 3-0 against a 2X World and 1x Olympic Champ, it is very hard to not weigh that more over beating Sorenson 3x's and wrecking a relatively weak field.

Remember, I say that being the guy that said Snyder in no way would deserve it over Retherford, but that was due to a much shortened schedule and lack of pins or even near fall.  Coon already has 9 FALLS out of his 22 matches, so he should be solidly into double digits.

So, I guess it comes down to this.  Does beating Snyder all 3X's trump the extra 25% bonus rate of which 40% more are FALLS?  I don't know that it does, but it sure makes it a LOT closer and gives the voters a bunch more to think about!

Bonus points be damned, if Coon stays undefeated, on his same bonus pace and ends up 3-0 against a 2X World and 1x Olympic Champ, it is very hard to not weigh that more over beating Sorenson 3x's and wrecking a relatively weak field.

Remember, I say that being the guy that said Snyder in no way would deserve it over Retherford, but that was due to a much shortened schedule and lack of pins or even near fall. Coon already has 9 FALLS out of his 22 matches, so he should be solidly into double digits.

So, I guess it comes down to this. Does beating Snyder all 3X's trump the extra 25% bonus rate of which 40% more are FALLS? I don't know that it does, but it sure makes it a LOT closer and gives the voters a bunch more to think about!

Plus, while there are people who have won the hodge twice, the voters may look at Coon’s resume if he wins out and think “ZR did put up more bonus but Coon was pretty damn Good too and beat Snyder 3x’s, so while ZR does deserve this, he has one already. We gotta give it to Coon.”

It ZR didn’t win it last year and was passed by for Coon this year, then I would see a need to complain but I don’t think people are gonna say Coon isn’t worthy if he wins out and beats Snyder two more times.

7th time. Who are you predicting in the Coon/Snyder rematch? No one thinks you are smart on here, it's ok to flub a prediction. 

Any chance you gents can take this argument elsewhere?  I don't think anyone cares.  JMO.  

Plus, while there are people who have won the hodge twice, the voters may look at Coon’s resume if he wins out and think “ZR did put up more bonus but Coon was pretty damn Good too and beat Snyder 3x’s, so while ZR does deserve this, he has one already. We gotta give it to Coon.”

It ZR didn’t win it last year and was passed by for Coon this year, then I would see a need to complain but I don’t think people are gonna say Coon isn’t worthy if he wins out and beats Snyder two more times.

But "past credentials" is one of the criteria. Winning last year's Hodge (plus being a three-time champ and four-time All American) would work for Retherford, not against him.