Koll says Yianni more talented than Dake

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#61 OV2MI

OV2MI
  • Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 06:17 AM

Was it? Didn't the top-tiered competition at 141 redshirt that year except Marion? No Russell, No Thorn, No Kennedy, etc?

I thought Dakes 141 field was very good.

#62 Plasmodium

Plasmodium

Gold Member

• Members
  • 4,666 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 06:25 AM

Sorry, this is just nuts. I watched Dake since 7th grade. He would have been a many more time state champ, but got caught and pinned while way ahead in the state semis as a freshman [I was mat side].

The next year he demolished state champs, and those that pounded state champs.

His only loss after that was to Paddock as a JR. Who was excellent. Dake was a NY 2 xer in amazing weights losing 2 X in 4 years and beat many future D1 guys. Yup... no talent there. No way he was a "top-notch athlete".

I truly find it fascinating that people are so insecure they need to boost their egos by sitting behind their keyboards and putting down kids and now adults.

Dake was a standout kid in HS.... extremely impressive. In college he did what no one else ever did... 4 titles in 4 weights. And you actually saying he is not talented?

It must be painful to be that insecure.

What are you talking about? Nobody in this thread has said anything disparaging about Kyle Dake in any way, shape or form.

#63 leshismore

leshismore

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,087 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 06:32 AM

Nice try--> "argues against him being a top-notch athlete"

"Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few"
Hunter / Garcia

#64 GoNotQuietly

GoNotQuietly

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,611 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 07:42 AM

Ugh. I think you should re-read all of my posts in this thread if you think I am disparaging Dake with that comment taken out of context.

#65 NJWC

NJWC

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,593 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 07:47 AM

Ugh. I think you should re-read all of my posts in this thread if you think I am disparaging Dake with that comment taken out of context.

You’re wasting your time trying
  • GoNotQuietly likes this

#66 provocateur

provocateur

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 664 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 06:09 PM

Curious if you have a point here.

I'm curious as to how you could do both. Indoor track is the same as wrestling season. Outdoor track is a spring sport, as is baseball. I suspect that he did track early in HS and finished with baseball, which he probably liked more. 

I'm not putting him down. I'm a huge fan of his. 

#67 TobusRex

TobusRex

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 02:40 AM

What are you talking about? Nobody in this thread has said anything disparaging about Kyle Dake in any way, shape or form.

Maybe I will then.

I've heard Dake's singing voice is thin and reedy. Plus he has bad taste in music.

• nyum likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users