• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 de4856

de4856

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 11:42 AM

So, I know it's early, and I really don't know what Adam Coon's plans are after the season, but with his emergence this year, is he a threat to the Gwiz, and to Robbie, for their spots on this year's World Team.

#2 Billyhoyle

Billyhoyle

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,790 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 11:47 AM

Yes

#3 PRyan2012

PRyan2012

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,912 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 01:31 PM

NCAA semis in 2016. Gwiz 7 Coon 6. Coon adds 20 lbs and has two years of greco. I think it is a tossup against Gwiz and Robbie.  

#4 tec87

tec87

Gold Member

• Members
  • 6,965 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 01:47 PM

NCAA semis in 2016. Gwiz 7 Coon 6. Coon adds 20 lbs and has two years of greco. I think it is a tossup against Gwiz and Robbie.

Coon also beat Gwiz early in the year like the first year Gwiz won it. Coon is more than likely sticking with Greco. Someone mentioned it on the college board and I had totally blanked on this until then but he cuts from around 300 to get to 285 in season. If he went free, he has another 20 he has to cut. That is more doable for a bigger guy but coon is not a fat 285 either.
  • PRyan2012 likes this
FIRE UP CHIPS!!!!

#5 Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin

Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 07:02 PM

• Coach_J and tbert like this
The opinions and views expressed in my posts, are intended to promote Russian international styles wrestling and international wrestling in general. Please excuse misspellings, misunderstandings, or misinterpretations. I am doing my very best to communicate in English, but it is a work in progress. I speak several languages, but I am still learning context, culture, and local tradition. I love USA and I am doing my best to be a great ambassador. Thank you for understanding.

#6 Greatdane67

Greatdane67
  • Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 12:35 AM

I thought there was some possible NFL talk........

#7 lu1979

lu1979

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 02:09 AM

Coon also beat Gwiz early in the year like the first year Gwiz won it. Coon is more than likely sticking with Greco. Someone mentioned it on the college board and I had totally blanked on this until then but he cuts from around 300 to get to 285 in season. If he went free, he has another 20 he has to cut. That is more doable for a bigger guy but coon is not a fat 285 either.

It would actually be another 10 lbs he would have to cut -  125 kg is 275 lbs.  For a while FS had gone down to 120 kg (264lbs) but that went back up to 125 kg.

#8 tec87

tec87

Gold Member

• Members
  • 6,965 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 02:24 AM

It would actually be another 10 lbs he would have to cut - 125 kg is 275 lbs. For a while FS had gone down to 120 kg (264lbs) but that went back up to 125 kg.

Haha I hadn’t noticed that. Ok that does change things then.
FIRE UP CHIPS!!!!

#9 pamela

pamela

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 02:28 AM

Yah, it doesn't sound like 285 is a very hard cut for him. He weighed-in at 280 last weekend (Snyder was 225). Coon could probably make 125kg (~276lb) or 130kg (~287lb) under UWW weigh-in rules without much difficulty.

I thought there was some possible NFL talk........

He said he wants to be an Olympian, then maybe play in the NFL. I wonder if Jim Harbaugh ever gave him a call there. Also, isn't Coon like 6'7"? If he has soft hands, can make a hook shot and has a decent vertical or wingspan, he'd do well clogging the paint in basketball. We already know he has the footwork, lateral movement and agility to defend the low post and take a charge. Save pro football and CTE for another life.

Coon is also getting an aerospace engineering degree, I think, from one of the best universities in the country. Dude has got some nice options.
  • GoNotQuietly likes this

#10 Cradle1

Cradle1
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 03:13 PM

Yah, it doesn't sound like 285 is a very hard cut for him. He weighed-in at 280 last weekend (Snyder was 225). Coon could probably make 125kg (~276lb) or 130kg (~287lb) under UWW weigh-in rules without much difficulty.

He said he wants to be an Olympian, then maybe play in the NFL. I wonder if Jim Harbaugh ever gave him a call there. Also, isn't Coon like 6'7"? If he has soft hands, can make a hook shot and has a decent vertical or wingspan, he'd do well clogging the paint in basketball. We already know he has the footwork, lateral movement and agility to defend the low post and take a charge. Save pro football and CTE for another life.

Coon is also getting an aerospace engineering degree, I think, from one of the best universities in the country. Dude has got some nice options.

So after he takes Olympic Gold in both freestyle and Greco, then he splits time between the NBA and NFL for a few years and presumably makes the HOF in both. From there, he comes an astronaut, and I would assume the first man to walk on Mars.   Any chancing the man can cure cancer if he's got a bit of downtime?  

Edited by Cradle1, 14 February 2018 - 03:14 PM.

• Tofurky, PRyan2012, Cletus_Tucker and 2 others like this

#11 pamela

pamela

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 05:13 PM

So after he takes Olympic Gold in both freestyle and Greco, then he splits time between the NBA and NFL for a few years and presumably makes the HOF in both. From there, he comes an astronaut, and I would assume the first man to walk on Mars. Any chancing the man can cure cancer if he's got a bit of downtime?

Only if cancer tries to go upper body with Coon.
  • gromit and AllISeeIsBronze like this

#12 Cletus_Tucker

Cletus_Tucker

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,067 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 05:51 PM

I figured with his aspirations to become an astronaut, Coon wouldn't be doing much wrestling post collegiately.     That would be great if he does.    Smith may be getting a little long in the tooth (31)  and Coon might be right there with Gwiz.   I think he legitimately has a shot at either team.     What a fricken stud.    

#13 TripNSweep

TripNSweep

Gold Member

• Members
  • 7,009 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 04:29 PM

He would have to cut some serious weight to become an astronaut.  

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls. Contrary to what you've just seen, war is neither glamorous nor fun. There are no winners, only losers. There are no good wars, with the following exceptions: The American Revolution, World War II, and the Star Wars Trilogy. If you'd like to learn more about war, there's lots of books in your local library, many of them with cool, gory pictures.

#14 PRyan2012

PRyan2012

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,912 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:34 AM

Amazing career ahead of him for sure! Any top wrestler ever been an astronaut?  He is listed at 6' 5" by the way and weighs around 295 when not cutting so 275 or 285 is not hard for him. Actually that is a perfect cut and ideal weight. Two years ago he was weighing in at around 265 so he has put on some muscle, especially in his upper body!  

#15 GoNotQuietly

GoNotQuietly

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,421 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:19 AM

Does being that giant pose any difficulties for the astronautical career path?  Those ISS tubes don't seem that spacious to me.

#16 mspart

mspart

Gold Member

• Members
  • 5,981 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:47 AM

Bumpin' his head a lot I'm guessing.

mspart

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users