• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 Housebuye

Housebuye

Gold Member

• Members
  • 4,382 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 07:29 AM

Was part of the issue that Colton got recruited-over? I seem to remember there being kind of a logjam at and around his weight at ISU.

Maybe they could head down the road to Iowa, assuming that ISU doesn't have an issue with in-state transfers. Opportunities for C and W to grow into 174 and 133 and try to crack the lineup.

ISU is going to have to hit the recruiting trail hard. I'm a little surprised they haven't gotten a bit more traction, since Dresser and esp his assistant coaches seem like they would have some pull with top recruits.

They got one of the top p4p in the country with the worst team in D1. Pretty impressive

#22 hammerlockthree

hammerlockthree

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,438 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 07:42 AM

You guys are too optimistic, this is an AWFUL start.

#23 Housebuye

Housebuye

Gold Member

• Members
  • 4,382 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 07:49 AM

Please explain

They are already exceeding last year’s results. They have 2 guys ranked currently, plus a few high level recruits starting next year.

They have more dual wins than last year

They have a commitment from a top 10 p4p guy

Edited by Housebuye, 14 February 2018 - 07:49 AM.

#24 ThatLogSchuteWasCarrying

ThatLogSchuteWasCarrying

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 08:16 AM

It was an awful first semester but ISU's second semester results have been fine other than the abrupt departure of Storr. 

#25 paboom

paboom

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 938 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 09:00 AM

Pretty sure this happened when Sanderson came to PSU.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

#26 Greatdane67

Greatdane67

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 09:14 AM

"Cleansing" implies the guys leaving were dirty or garbage, which is hardly the case.  The personalities/philosophies didn't mesh.  Good luck to all involved and everyone move on.

A definition of cleansing:

rid (a person, place, or thing) of something seen as unpleasant, unwanted, or defiling.

I am sure if Dresser is giving them their release, they are unwanted. No disrespect to the student athletes but Dresser was brought in because the previous regime and the holdovers did not get the job according to that school's expectations.

I hope these kids do well wherever they end up but it is obvious that all of these wrestlers leaving frees up money for Dresser to bring in his own guys.

#27 Cletus_Tucker

Cletus_Tucker

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,287 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 09:21 AM

Big  Dresser fan here.  I strongly believe  this needed to happen for ISU to be successful. Kevin Jackson saw the program hit a steep decline despite decent recruits.     Sometimes it's the culture that stands in the way of success.    Dresser is going to do things his way and I see success for him not far off into the future.  It has to be his way 100%.   I believe this is the right thing for the program. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users