Sign in to follow this  
DF

When you be stalling it out for the win...

Stalling is an art

1. Get in on a single - pretent you are trying to circle around outside. This can get you about 15 seconds off the clock. 

2. Fake shots - sometimes just a foot stomp- see DF's other post

3. When being backing up out of bounds either rotate your hips with an overhook like you are trying to throw or at least get your hips in, or actually try a throw knowing that you are too far out for the other wrestler to get a takedown out of it. By doing this you may also be able to get some injury time. 

4. Bleeding - If you just wipe your nose a few times and tilt your head back, the ref, without even looking will often allow you to go to your corner to clean up - gets you a little  break so you can get back to stall point #1 above. 

5. Underhood - head in the ear - circle 

6. Front headlock - much like #1 - get the front headlock - circle one direction with it - then the other. 10-15 second right there. 

7. Coaches time out for a clarification on a previous call - 20 second breather at least. 

8. Headgear adjustment - this will have to be done very discreetly as you go out of bounds - unsnap your own headgear - have the ref look at it. This does take some talent - but done right can buy you a little recovery time.

Tobus' stall tactics of doom:

1.Collar tie opponent, push relentlessly. Avoid all moves that could result in an easy spin around for 2 pts for the opponent.

2. Occasionally try an arm drag or a duckunder (to an outside single).

3. When lunging act like you lost a contact lens.

4. "Accidentally" poke your opponent in the eye with a "head pop". Recuperate while the doctors take a look at him.

5. Win and loudly proclaim yourself the greatest wrestler of all time, regardless of opponent's record/skill set.

Edited by TobusRex

Tobus' stall tactics of doom:

1.Collar tie opponent, push relentlessly. Avoid all moves that could result in an easy spin around for 2 pts for the opponent.

2. Occasionally try an arm drag or a duckunder (to an outside single).

3. When lunging act like you lost a contact lens.

4. "Accidentally" poke your opponent in the eye with a "head pop". Recuperate while the doctors take a look at him.

5. Win and loudly proclaim yourself the greatest wrestler of all time, regardless of opponent's record/skill set.

I see you’ve read my book.

Don’t forget to act frustrated, suggesting your opponent is actually the one stalling. This confuses the ref long enough to let you escape with the win.

For good measure, stomp off the mat AFTER the win. This buys you some credibility with said ref for your next stalling display.

Stall Rules

1) You can't just be up there and just stalling like that.

1a. Stalling is when you

1b. Okay well listen. Stalling is when you stall the

1c. Let me start over

1c-a. The wrestler is not allowed to do a motion to the, uh, other wrestler, that prohibits the other wrestler from doing, you know, just trying to wrestle. You can't do that.

1c-b. Once the wrestler is leading in the third period, he can't be over here and say opponent, like, "I'm gonna shoot! I'm take you down. You better watch your butt!" and then just not even do that.

1c-b(1). Like, if it's your turn to shoot and then don't shoot, you have to still shoot. You cannot not shoot. Does that make any sense?

1c-b(2). You gotta be, aggressively moving forward, and then, until you just agress.

1c-b(2)-a. Okay, well, You can be defending your opponents shot like this, but then there's the stall you gotta think about.

1c-b(2)-b. Nick Stahl hasn't been in any movies in forever. I hope he wasn't typecast as John Connor.

1c-b(2)-b(i). Oh wait, he was the Yellow Bastard in Sin City too. That's actually much worse.

1c-b(2)-b(ii). "get in mah bellah" -- the Yellow Bastard, "Sin City." Haha, classic...

1c-b(3). Okay seriously though. Stalling is when the wrestler makes a movement that, as determined by, when don't move enough in a manner that is... or when you move to much in the wrong way...

2) Do not stall please.

Edited by BigRedMachine

I stalled out for 3 days before I gave DF a "like" on this one...had my finger over the button several times (fake shots).  The first day I didn't even click the thread open...like one of those guys you cut loose and he just stays there on the mat, on all fours, looking down, so the ref won't award the escape.... like the Daniel Lewis, MIZZOU vs Taylor Lujan, UNI match yesterday, in final seconds.

Edited by Medicine_Man

I stalled out for 3 days before I gave DF a "like" on this one...had my finger over the button several times (fake shots).  The first day I didn't even click the thread open...like one of those guys you cut loose and he just stays there on the mat, on all fours, looking down, so the ref won't award the escape.... like the Daniel Lewis, MIZZOU vs Taylor Lujan, UNI match yesterday, in final seconds.

Yeah but Lewis was looking for his contact, thought dropped on the mat right in front of him and didnt want to move till he found it. Then ref blew the whistle and he remembered he doesn't wear contacts. ;)

Yeah but Lewis was looking for his contact, thought dropped on the mat right in front of him and didnt want to move till he found it. Then ref blew the whistle and he remembered he doesn't wear contacts. ;)

Of course I know that already, Mr. Captain Obvious, sir...I was just DFing you.

EDIT:

Oh...wait....You were DFing me, right???   Sorry, brother.

Edited by Medicine_Man

I saw a college guy lose on stalling DQ at a NAIA Qualifier this last weekend.   

I heard that in 1985, the D2 Nationals were in Fargo, I believe, and at HWT were Morris Johnson and Mike Blaske in the finals.  Ref Phil Reimnitz (a D2 champ in 1973) called stalling 9 times in the match, the last call against Blaske resulting in a DQ in the finals.  Was anybody there to verify this?