Sign in to follow this  
CaliWrestler

165 Vincenzo Joseph Penn State vs Noah Grover Buffalo

I think that's just the way he wrestles? Like I have this visual in my mind of him last year at nationals, I think it was, where he was tied up with an opponent with a leg hooked and falling backwards. It looked like Cenzo was about to be taken flat to his back but somehow he pivoted like 7/8ths of the way down, grabbed a leg and got a takedown out of it. He rolls the dice doing stuff like that but usually wins.

Reality checks are good, as in his last couple of matches, but I don't know if wrestling more conservatively in those toss-up situations at NCAAs is the answer because that's just not his style.

IMAR wins the next two... I agree with CaliWrestler.  IMAR as a Senior, nothing to lose, going for gold (per se).  Joseph being a little funkadelic with stone hips (not quite sure how that's possible, but it is).  

Skill/technique... IMAR over Joseph

Creativity... Joseph over IMAR

If iMar beats cenzo in the finals it will be some redemption for him but I imagine the loss last year will haunt him even more that it would otherwise. That means he was one mistake away from being a 4 timer.

IMar could very well end up with “only” 2 titles and have only 3 college losses.

Marsteller is going to be seeded above him too and certainly can be anybody in this weight. Not that he will mind you, but could. 

If I were to guess I'd say of he wins Big 10 he gets #2 with Marsteller #1. If he takes second or 3rd he could drop all the way to #6. 

If iMar beats cenzo in the finals it will be some redemption for him but I imagine the loss last year will haunt him even more that it would otherwise. That means he was one mistake away from being a 4 timer.

IMar could very well end up with “only” 2 titles and have only 3 college losses.

This sounds familiar....DT anyone?

Marsteller is going to be seeded above him too and certainly can be anybody in this weight. Not that he will mind you, but could. 

If I were to guess I'd say of he wins Big 10 he gets #2 with Marsteller #1. If he takes second or 3rd he could drop all the way to #6. 

I usually agree with you but Marstellar lost to Steiert at the Scuffle and Joseph pounded Steiert.  I know Marstellar is likely to be 40-1 by NCAA's but, as of now he only has 2 wins over Top 20 guys......

Imar was out wrestled in last year's NCAA Finals. He was losing to Joseph who also had 1 min of riding time before being taken down to his back. His one takedown was due to the nonreaction time rule. His loss last year was not due to 1 mistake.

With that said, Joseph imo has made big mistakes the past two matches and if he doesn't get his act together he may be in big trouble come NCAAs.

Martinez, Marsteller, and McFadden all win out. That's 3 conference champs none of whom have wrestled each other and 1 loss in the group. Neither Marsteller or McFadden have wrestled the Big 10 runner up or third placer so no head to head and quite honestly nobody is going to care about a single loss 2 months ago.    

At NCAA I think it's Martinez (Big 10 champ), McFadden (ACC Champ) , Marsteller (EWL Champ), Marianelli, (Big 10 2nd), Rodgers (Big 12 champ), Joseph (Big 10 3rd), Valencia (yes I know he's got a lot of losses but he'll be the PAC 12 champ), and I have no idea who gets #8 maybe Massa.  

To be fair if things end as I'm guessing then Marsteller and Marianelli could flip seeds. 

That's my prediction.