Sign in to follow this  
DF

Why was the pegboard such a big deal in Vision Quest?

Everyone went wild when Louden got to the top of the pegboard as if it was the first time in history that's been accomplished.  Even the coach was amazed (as illustrated in the pic below).  Moments before the coach had forbidden Louden from wrestling Shute but then he allowed it when Louden defeated the pegboard.  

I could never conquer the pegboard because my wrestling was based on finesse and not brute strength, but a lot of my teammates could do it so I don't get what the big deal is.

vision3.jpg

Mastering the pegboard is a metaphoric conquest, often with associated with the conquest of the opposite sex, which was revealed in the movie when Louden hooked up with Carla...so yeah, it was a pretty big deal.

28140093759_2388c0b010_o_d.jpg

Edited by Medicine_Man

Mastering the pegboard is a metaphoric conquest, often with associated with the conquest of the opposite sex, which was revealed in the movie when Louden hooked up with Carla...so yeah, it was a pretty big deal.

28140093759_2388c0b010_o_d.jpg

You don’t conquer a woman, my man, you pull yourself up to her height to a kick-ass soundtrack while wearing plastics.

I had a similar question about Star Wars. Why was it such a big deal when Luke Skywalker was able to lift the X-wing fighter out of the swamp using only his mind? I mean, I can't do it but I think a lot of the Jedi could. Even Yoda seemed surprised. 

Edited by BigTimeFan

Everyone went wild when Louden got to the top of the pegboard as if it was the first time in history that's been accomplished.  Even the coach was amazed (as illustrated in the pic below).  Moments before the coach had forbidden Louden from wrestling Shute but then he allowed it when Louden defeated the pegboard.  

I could never conquer the pegboard because my wrestling was based on finesse and not brute strength, but a lot of my teammates could do it so I don't get what the big deal is.

vision3.jpg

The answer is simple, because Otto can't do it.

I had a similar question about Star Wars. Why was it such a big deal when Luke Skywalker was able to lift the X-wing fighter out of the swamp using only his mind? I mean, I can't do it but I think a lot of the Jedi could. Even Yoda seemed surprised. 

Luke wasn't able to lift the x-wing out of the swamp, Yoda had to step up and do it for him.

Luke:  I.....I don't believe it.

Yoda: That is why you fail.

(same conversation DF would have had with his coach after coming off the mat after losing his finals match senior year, if his coach has been in his corner)

Edited by KCMO2

Luke wasn't able to lift the x-wing out of the swamp, Yoda had to step up and do it for him.

(same conversation DF would have had with his coach after coming off the mat after losing his finals match senior year, if his coach has been in his corner)

I think that was his Junior year,  he stalled out to win it all his Senior year if I remember correctly!

"I think that was his Junior year,  he stalled out to win it all his Senior year if I remember correctly!"

You are quite mistaken, sir:

DF
Silver Member

Posted 19 February 2018 - 11:08 AM

Frosh (103lbs): DNP (lost in the quarters and didn't show up for the consolation bracket, didn't know about the Nachos then)

Soph (112lbs): DNP (lost in the semis and didn't show up for the consolation bracket, went for the Nacho Grandes)

Junior (171lbs): State champion

Senior (HWT): 2nd place

Edited by Medicine_Man

vision3.jpg

Your senior season at HWT was based on finesse....nice. 

Show off.

Wrong, BigFatAss just posted the video evidence of exactly what happened. Don't make stuff up and post it here.

I assume you're teasing BTF.  Hard to tell sarcasm through a post.

I would never use sarcasm on these boards. The material we cover is too important for tomfoolery. Irony is definitely fair game though.