WillieBoy

Coaches, refs and wrestlers in the movies?

Vision Quest was a wrestling movie.

Win Win was a movie with wrestling in it.

I guess it’s been awhile since I’ve seen Vision Quest but I thought Win Win had more wrestling than Vision Quest. I thought Vision Quest was boring and a lot of the wrestling scenes were horribly inaccurate.

Will need to check out some of these others though.

"Vision Quest" was the only wrestling movie for my generation.  I can't even estimate how many times I watched that movie, let alone how many times I watched certain scenes (Climbing the peg board, all the wrestling scenes, etc)

These things have bothered me forever.  Obviously, the guys making the movie knew a little bit about wrestling, so, these mistakes were unforgivable.

1.  The counter to the double arm bar in practice.  It was so silly, the guys were just sort of rolling through it, and Louden and Kooch just did the double arm bar without a counter.

2.  Shute hits a headlock as they go out of bounds.  The ref shouts "Out of bounds, no takedown"  They bring them to the middle of the mat and Louden starts on the bottom.  He tries to stand and when Shute brings him back to the mat the referee yells "Two - takedwon".  Unforgiveable.

3.  The coaches wrestling outfit.   https://journeysindarknessandlight.files.wordpress.com/2017/06/coach.jpg

2.  Shute hits a headlock as they go out of bounds.  The ref shouts "Out of bounds, no takedown"  They bring them to the middle of the mat and Louden starts on the bottom.  He tries to stand and when Shute brings him back to the mat the referee yells "Two - takedwon".  Unforgiveable.

I wonder if the B1G student announcers did the editing of VQ??