Sign in to follow this  
DF

Other than the Churella vs. Hendricks match, Kessel is a great ref (100% serious)

Anybody can have a bad day at the office. His just happened to be on center stage.  Can't let one match define a career.  He's otherwise been an outstanding ref.

This is absolutely correct.  Kessel is as good of an official as I've seen in college.  Being an EIWA fan, he's probably officiated more matches I've seen than any other guy.  Been through a nasty battle with cancer too.  Good family man and an asset to the wrestling community.   

http://www.poconorecord.com/article/20010307/Sports/303079991

http://www.poconorecord.com/article/20160322/SPORTS/160329891

Edited by Frank_Rizzo

Bobby Derr was/is (College/HS)  also a dang good official, but unlike not calling a pin, he allowed Edwards to assault, and possibly blind, Trenge, then DQed JT when he finally said ~"FT, I have had enough"~. He was also involved in equal, but very different, travesty in HS.   

What makes this worse in college Hendricks was the villain and everyone wanted Churella.

I think it was way he messed with an injured Letters.

Then in MMA really seen good side of Johnny.

I do think this adds to emotion

That people have about the call.

Frank C

Amazes me how you guys seemingly know all the ref's names! The only ref whose name I remember used to be my coach in Jr High (and a bad coach at that!).  Oh, and Mr LaFats, our Jr High Science teacher was a part time ref, too. 

Edited by TobusRex