Sign in to follow this  
closer617

CAN PENN STATE WIN THE NEXT 4 BIG TEN TITLES..

If you look at the roster they might win a few NCAA titles if they can continue to have success at 125-174. I love Ohio State but it seems that Sanderson in trying to run off 4 straight titles.....big ten .....and maybe something bigger than the Big Ten.

They will be the favorite to win the NCAA title the next 4 years imo...

This team is too young and too good...

125- fr. F.Martelloti

33- soph. ncaa finalist A.Long

41-fr. 16-0 w/13 pins A.Alton

49- jr. "Gorilla Hulk/Frank the Tank" Molinaro

57- fr. "The Magic Man on The Mat" David Taylor

65- fr. J.Kemerer

74- fr. E.Ruth

84- soph. Q.Wright

97- #2 overall recruit M. Mccintosh

Hwt-jr. C. Wade

Add in the fact that they have a very deep bench. This will most likely be their starting lineup next year. Penn St. Could also put in J. English at 49 and bump everyone up a weight and Redshirt Mccintosh. Maybe put in D. Alton @ 41, A.Alton @ 49, and bump everyone on one weight.

Either way Penn St. could have 7-10 AA next year with several NCAA individual contenders.

Ship the NCAA championship to the East Coast.

Their lower weights also include Sam Sherlock, Luke Frey & Nico Megaludis. All tough successful PA kids. The middleweights have Dylan Alton, Dirk Cowburn & Nick Fischer. And the upper weights have Jon Gingrich, Scott Syrek, Morgan McIntosh & Colin Campbell. It will definitely be a talented line up.

Iowa however basically RSed their entire #1 recruiting class so they might also have a bunch of young talent for years to come. Iowa being Iowa means that no one there is going to roll over 4 anyone especially Cael Sanderson.

Their lower weights also include Sam Sherlock, Luke Frey & Nico Megaludis. All tough successful PA kids. The middleweights have Dylan Alton, Dirk Cowburn & Nick Fischer. And the upper weights have Jon Gingrich, Scott Syrek, Morgan McIntosh & Colin Campbell. It will definitely be a talented line up.

Iowa however basically RSed their entire #1 recruiting class so they might also have a bunch of young talent for years to come. Iowa being Iowa means that no one there is going to roll over 4 anyone especially Cael Sanderson.

I'm curious to see how much of the bench talent stays in Happy Valley if they can't crack the starting lineup.

Just so we're clear, there are a total of 4 AA finishes on this team, spread among 3 guys. Let's let the kids get it done once before we start proclaiming their awesomeness.

Which team do you see as the favorite going into next season. Penn St. only graduates 1 Sr. in the starting lineup, Pataky, and currently has 8 ranked wrestlers Martelotti,Long,Alton,Molinaro,Taylor,Kemerer,Ruth,Wade, and 9 if you count Q.Wright. They all have been ranked for the majority of the season and have already justified their rankings up to this point. With next year graduating the Sr. class and all these guys returning and most likely will be even better next year. I feel it is not a stretch to say they will be a preseason favorite?

The point is next year they will start off with 7-10 individuals ranked and most of them will be ranked in the top 5 so they should be a strong duals and tournament team with many AA contenders next year.

I'm not proclaiming anyone's awesomeness I'm proclaiming facts:

Martelotti was undefeated until Midlands

Long was a NCAA finalist

Alton is 16-0 with 13 pins

Tank is a 2x AA

Taylor is undefeated and has been dominant

Kemerer was ranked around the top 10

Ruth has been impressive and currently ranked around top 10

Wright is a AA

Wade is ranked in the top 10

It's not the NCAA tournament yet, but many of these kids have "done something" to make people think they could do more next year.

I'm curious to know which team you feel will be the top team next year.

Just so we're clear, there are a total of 4 AA finishes on this team, spread among 3 guys. Let's let the kids get it done once before we start proclaiming their awesomeness.

Which team do you see as the favorite going into next season. Penn St. only graduates 1 Sr. in Pataky and currently has 8 ranked wrestlers Martelotti,Long,Alton,Molinaro,Taylor,Kemerer,Ruth,Wade, and 9 if you count Q.Wright. They all have been ranked for the majority of the season and have already justified their rankings up to this point. With next year graduating the Sr. class and all these guys returning and most likely will be even better next year. I feel it is not a stretch to say they will be a preseason favorite?

The point is next year they will start off with 7-10 individuals ranked and most of them will be ranked in the top 5 so they should be a strong duals and tournament team with many AA contenders next year.

====

If their studs perform well in March, PSU could well be the preseason favorite to win next year. But the usual suspects... Okla St, Iowa, and Minn are all young, returning nearly all their top guys. Minn loses Thorn, but has some really talented Fr (Nelson and Steinhaus) who are starting to make noise already. Iowa will have some top notch guys coming off RS.

Nope.

Tobus .... Short and Succinct. Well played.

How 'bout we finish the Scuffle first, and then see how the rest of the season goes, before we start Future Tripping in 2013 .... ???

Iowa has a bunch of young guns sitting in RS right now.... Smith hasn't retired as far as I can tell, and Minny isn't gonna lay down on their backs any time soon.

A lot can happen ....

Let's see if PSU can finish out as National Champs this year.

I'm hoping Koll can get the title this year, and I can't think of a better guy to get a title then Rob Koll.

Of course they could but one season at a time. Team strengths are largely cyclic so each year teams like Iowa, Wisc, Mn, etc are building experience to challenge them. Staying number one and staying near number one are two different things.

I'm curious to see how much of the bench talent stays in Happy Valley if they can't crack the starting lineup.

Thats a good point. The back ups have sooo much talent that they might get bored and depressed and ask for a transfer......GREAT POINT

Penn St. just tied Cornell for the team crown at the Scuffle. Penn St. had Wright and Long out and Cornell had Grey out. They are both relatively young teams but Cornell has a few more seniors in their lineup.

Alton gave up a last second td to Russel to lose 4-3, but rebounded to take 3rd at the Scuffle. 19-1 on the year w/ 15 pins.

Martelloti got 6th at Scuffle 18-3 on year.

Taylor crushed the scuffled. getting 2 pins and 3TF. Oh yea, in the finals he dismantled #9 Paul Young w/ a TF. 19-0 on the year and if he can be injury free I am predicting he will be a 4x NCAA finalist.

Ruth wins Scuffle and is OW. He beats #1 and #2 seed Lewnes and Henrich on his way to the title...17-1 on the year.

Have they proved themselves enough on the mat for you yet? Is it safe to say if they are injury free they will be pretty awsome the next few years? Keep in mind they are all only freshmans... I won't even go into details of their deep and talented bench in case one of them do get hurt.

Now You add in the fact that Molinaro,Wade,Long, and Wright, who will all be ranked in the preseason top 5, back into the lineup along with these to-be sophmores next year and I think the choice is pretty obvious.

Ship the NCAA championship to the East Coast... Cornell or Penn St. will win it ths year and If Penn St. doesn't win next year then Cornell will.

Of course the top teams won't Lay down... I don't think any d1 team just "lays down" even if they know they are outmatched they will still wrestle hard.

Yes, the usual top teams will still be contenders: Iowa, Minny, Okie St. They are all relatively young and have some good guys coming off RS, many of whom are unproven on d1 level, but may be the next Alton, Ruth, or Taylor. Looking over the rosters and who they have coming off RS I still do not see any team that can match Penn St. next year.

I am voicing my opinion. The OP asks if Penn St. can win the next 4 Big Ten titles. I'M thinking a little bigger and saying Penn St. will win the NCAA title next year and be top contenders for the next 4 years.

Let's hear your opinions.

With the gift that ISU sent over this Xmas I think it would only be fair for Cael to send over say Sherlock & Vallroth to ISU free and clear. It is looking like Long very well could make the difference in the team championship come March.

With the gift that ISU sent over this Xmas I think it would only be fair for Cael to send over say Sherlock & Vallroth to ISU free and clear. It is looking like Long very well could make the difference in the team championship come March.

That would be fine. I am not sure either one will ever make PSU's lineup consistently.

That would be fine. I am not sure either one will ever make PSU's lineup consistently.

It's a deal.

business-emoticon-handshake-thumb2986268.jpg

Which team do you see as the favorite going into next season. Penn St. only graduates 1 Sr. in the starting lineup, Pataky, and currently has 8 ranked wrestlers Martelotti,Long,Alton,Molinaro,Taylor,Kemerer,Ruth,Wade, and 9 if you count Q.Wright. They all have been ranked for the majority of the season and have already justified their rankings up to this point. With next year graduating the Sr. class and all these guys returning and most likely will be even better next year. I feel it is not a stretch to say they will be a preseason favorite?

I'm not proclaiming anyone's awesomeness I'm proclaiming facts:

Martelotti was undefeated until Midlands

Long was a NCAA finalist

Alton is 16-0 with 13 pins

Tank is a 2x AA

Taylor is undefeated and has been dominant

Kemerer was ranked around the top 10

Ruth has been impressive and currently ranked around top 10

Wright is a AA

Wade is ranked in the top 10

It's not the NCAA tournament yet, but many of these kids have "done something" to make people think they could do more next year.

They will be favored I'm sure but let me add:

Martelotti- has really proven nothing yet as far as big time wins.

Long- Has yet to wrestle PSU and no one knows how good he will be at 133 for sure and if he stays straight.

Alton is a stud. Can he hold 141?

Tank is a top guy.

Taylor is real deal.

Kemmerer is ok, not a proven top 8 guy.

Ruth is real deal.

Wright is a stud.

Wade is doing well and should be AA.

No

I no they have not done anything yet, but you are watching it in your own eyes

this team is rocketing.

What ever is happening at state college is working!

Finally the shift East

* Keeping are Boys Home!

Frank C

This is for Real!

The bitterness and envy being displayed by the Iowa faithful is both ironic and hilarious. The decision of an individual wrestler, with issues, has some Hawkeye fans throwing fits. The irony is that Long has not wrestled for Penn state yet...maybe they feel the breath of the Lion...

The bitterness and envy being displayed by the Iowa faithful is both ironic and hilarious. The decision of an individual wrestler, with issues, has some Hawkeye fans throwing fits. The irony is that Long has not wrestled for Penn state yet...maybe they feel the breath of the Lion...

I was kinda joking, did you even read the thread? Anyways don't you think it is a pretty nice jester that ISU is releasing Long to Penn State and pretty much not any other college with a top program?