Sign in to follow this  
Rocep

All-time Favorite Wrestler

Got into a heated argument with a friend about favorite wrestler. I say Mark Ironside, he says DT. He says every Iowa wrestler from '78-'97 might as well be Ironside. Says DT was an artist. I think a guy like Ironside is the essence of the sport. Not flashy, just relentless in conditioning and attacks. Shows what doing the basics well gets you. I think they both dismantled opponents, DT like a surgeon and Ironside like a wrecking ball.

Got into a heated argument with a friend about favorite flavor of Gatorade. I say lemon-lime, he says Frost Glacier Freeze. He says every sports drink since Gatorade's introduction has lemon-lime. Says Glacier Freeze is an exclusive. I think Lemon Lime is the essence of sports drinks. Not flashy. just thirst quenching and re-hydrating. Shows what doing the basics well get you. I think they both quench thirst and re-hydrate effectively. Glacier Freeze is a niche and Lemon-lime is the masses.

Edited by BigTenFanboy

Geeze Louizeeee...

Could you pick a more basic wrestler than Ironside?? Tough, but gee whilikers- scores of wrestlers like Ironside over the years.

I choose funky, risky and creative wrestling for entertainment value...

Kendall Cross, Gene Mills, Rick Sanders, Ben Askren, Steve Barrettt, Kyle Ruschell, Kenny Monday, Ricky Dellagatta, Dave Schultz ( though he physically hurt a lot of people to get the job done), David Taylor, John Smith, plus Randy Lewis, Rico Chiaparelli, Lou Banach and Greg Randall if you are going to have some Hawkeyes in there. I know...a lot of old school names.

That Bo Nickal is a hoot, too!

Edited by BadgerMon

Got into a heated argument with a friend about favorite flavor of Gatorade. I say lemon-lime, he says Frost Glacier Freeze. He says every sports drink since Gatorade's introduction has lemon-lime. Says Glacier Freeze is an exclusive. I think Lemon Lime is the essence of sports drinks. Not flashy. just thirst quenching and re-hydrating. Shows what doing the basics well get you. I think they both quench thirst and re-hydrate effectively. Glacier Freeze is a niche and Lemon-lime is the masses.

Says stay away from Gatorade. Too much sucralose and coloring from petroleum byproducts. I say it makes me pee out my butt, and hurts my head. I say drink coconut water. Not flashy flavor names, just basic hydrating minerals. Makes you feel good, and shows what drinking basic earth juices'll get you.

Edited by Rocep

Probably my two favorite flavors. Or Fierce Grape.

Dave Schultz, what could I possibly say to do his unreal career justice?    He's my favorite. 

Askren is someone I always liked and enjoyed his creativity.   

Nick Simmons another very creative and unique style wrestler.  He's way up there on my favorites list. 

Cael, the best we've seen to date in the NCAA's .  

As a young wrestler I idolized Nate Carr.  He had everything: Speed, power, technique, and flash.  Randy Lewis was great too, but he was a Hawkeye, so that was too bad.  At the time, I thought Mark Schultz was an amazing combination of finesse, power, and aggression.

Grew up wrestling youth tournaments with Corey Olsen, he was a few years younger than me, but bigger, so we were often the same weight but different divisions.  He was a good dude, I was glad to see he did well while I was off clearing the planet of terrorists in the Marines.  I never got to see him wrestle a college match.