Toss4Five

Massa or Marinelli

Very interesting 2nd round matchup (of course Massa has to get there first, but will be heavy favorite in 1st round). This 165 bracket is tough bracket to call, but who you got, the Wolverine or Hawkeye??

I'm taking the "new and improved" Massa in a close 5-4, 3-2 nail biter.

Thanks and take care.

So to win Big Tens, Marinelli has to beat the #1, 2, and 3 from last year's NCAAs. Tough bracket!

Years from now people will bring this up as if all 3 of those wrestlers have been wrestling to the same level this year as last, even though Massa has not.

Years from now people will bring this up as if all 3 of those wrestlers have been wrestling to the same level this year as last, even though Massa has not.

Why the drop-off for Massa? Injury? Didn't he have Herbert as a training partner last year and not this year - is that the difference?

It depends on how well Massa wrestles this month. The other 2 are just as good, if not better, as last year. Any which way you want to diminish this, it would be one hell of a tall mountain climbed.

Yeah we were all shocked when Massa had that little string of losses, but he looked terrible there for a bit and Marinelli beat him by 1 (3-2)... who knows which Massa shows up, "11-3 MD of Wick" Massa, or "8-4 Loss to Wick" Massa... either way, if Marinelli only got him by 1 during his slump, I'll take Massa by 2 in the rematch.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Yeah we were all shocked when Massa had that little string of losses, but he looked terrible there for a bit and Marinelli beat him by 1 (3-2)... who knows which Massa shows up, "11-3 MD of Wick" Massa, or "8-4 Loss to Wick" Massa... either way, if Marinelli only got him by 1 during his slump, I'll take Massa by 2 in the rematch.

The problem with that argument is that Marinelli tends to win like that in general.

The problem with that argument is that Marinelli tends to win like that in general.

Haha he totally does. Stalling bastard :) but yeah I think when the lights are on Massa will show up and snag a TD

It depends on how well Massa wrestles this month. The other 2 are just as good, if not better, as last year. Any which way you want to diminish this, it would be one hell of a tall mountain climbed.

I basically said i would be shocked if he won the bracket, so should he win that is by its very definition quite an accomplishment. But I will still be shocked if it happens because i think the other three are all more talented.

Not sure calling it a slump is correct.  It wouldnt be a big shock if you watched  around the first minute mark of the Cliff  Keen match against Wick.   Massa was probably back closer to normal when wrestling the bull.  

Sir your predictions are just sooo spot on, I'm just so impressed by you . :)