Sign in to follow this  
BigTenFanboy

Te'shan Campbell

He has Marinelli next and will likely lose to the angry bull.

Does he bounce back and still finish in the top 10?

If he loses against the loser of Burnham/Wanzek (most likely Burnham) for a spot in the 9/10 match, will he get an At Large spot at NCAAs?

Edited by BigTenFanboy

Campbell has been a huge disappointment for the Buckeye faithful.  I am struggling to find any semblance of wrestling technique.  All I see is massive strength and balance (an athletic freak), but very little actual wrestling.  

Even if he gets an at-large bid, it will do nothing for tOSU come NCAA's, since he'll go 0-2 once again.  

I wonder how the room does against him, and if Burcher wouldn't have been a better choice.  At least we saw "fight" and "heart" with him.  

Campbell has been a huge disappointment for the Buckeye faithful. I am struggling to find any semblance of wrestling technique. All I see is massive strength and balance (an athletic freak), but very little actual wrestling.

Even if he gets an at-large bid, it will do nothing for tOSU come NCAA's, since he'll go 0-2 once again.

I wonder how the room does against him, and if Burcher wouldn't have been a better choice. At least we saw "fight" and "heart" with him.

i have been wondering about that. Burcher is undefeated with 6-0 record. He already pinned Morrisery of Purdue.

Campbell has been a huge disappointment for the Buckeye faithful.  I am struggling to find any semblance of wrestling technique.  All I see is massive strength and balance (an athletic freak), but very little actual wrestling.  

I wonder how the room does against him, and if Burcher wouldn't have been a better choice.  At least we saw "fight" and "heart" with him.  

The fans who are "hugely dissapointed" and expressing that displeasure are the worst type of fans in sports-they completely lack class.  Ohio State had absolutely nothing at the weight, so had to rely on someone transferring in that had developed in another program.  He has performed to the level as he had prior to arriving at OSU (NQ quality wrestler but not an AA candidate).  He has a decent chance of winning 1 or 2 matches at NCAAs in the wrestlebacks...An outcome that would not be disappointing, but rather par to what was expected. 

Is that result not good enough for Buckeye fans?  Well maybe they should consider developing their own wrestler at the weight.  I don't see PSU fans here complaining about Kuhn or Keener, expecting the two of them to AA. 

Edited by Billyhoyle

The fans who are "hugely dissapointed" and expressing that displeasure are the worst type of fans in sports-they completely lack class. Ohio State had absolutely nothing at the weight, so had to rely on someone transferring in that had developed in another program. He has performed to the level as he had prior to arriving at OSU (NQ quality wrestler but not an AA candidate). He has a decent chance of winning 1 or 2 matches at NCAAs in the wrestlebacks...An outcome that would not be disappointing, but rather par to what was expected.

Is that result not good enough for Buckeye fans? Well maybe they should consider developing their own wrestler at the weight. I don't see PSU fans here complaining about Kuhn or Keener, expecting the two of them to AA.

Ohio State has a commitment from Marinelli and then from Isaiah White. I’m sure it is super frustrating to see their 165 get beaten by both of them

The fans who are "hugely dissapointed" and expressing that displeasure are the worst type of fans in sports-they completely lack class. Ohio State had absolutely nothing at the weight, so had to rely on someone transferring in that had developed in another program. He has performed to the level as he had prior to arriving at OSU (NQ quality wrestler but not an AA candidate). He has a decent chance of winning 1 or 2 matches at NCAAs in the wrestlebacks...An outcome that would not be disappointing, but rather par to what was expected.

Is that result not good enough for Buckeye fans? Well maybe they should consider developing their own wrestler at the weight. I don't see PSU fans here complaining about Kuhn or Keener, expecting the two of them to AA.

tOSU had Alex Marinelli locked in as their commit for quite a while before he changed his mind and committed to Iowa to everyone’s surprise. So, tOSU tried to get Isisah White but for some reason, White opted for Nebraska (I’m guessing the scholarship money issue). So, we ended up with Te’shan Campbell. At first, Te’shan Campbell went 14-0 but went downhill over time. Understandably, we were disappointed. I’m guessing it’s the coaching. Lou Rossilli got Oklahoma HC job that certainly hurts as he is the master motivator.

Ohio State has a commitment from Marinelli and then from Isaiah White. I’m sure it is super frustrating to see their 165 get beaten by both of them

Alright, so?  That doesn't justify calling Campbell a huge disappointment.  He has done what anyone could have expected him to do.  Your backup option isn't a disappointment because you failed to get the better recruit.  He is what he is. 

Edited by Billyhoyle

tOSU had Alex Marinelli locked in as their commit for quite a while before he changed his mind and committed to Iowa to everyone’s surprise. So, tOSU tried to get Isisah White but for some reason, White opted for Nebraska (I’m guessing the scholarship money issue). So, we ended up with Te’shan Campbell. At first, Te’shan Campbell went 14-0 but went downhill over time. Understandably, we were disappointed. I’m guessing it’s the coaching. Lou Rossilli got Oklahoma HC job that certainly hurts as he is the master motivator.

White committed but couldn't get through admissions. He then went the D2 route.

It's great to see him wrestling at a high level.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

For the guys bringing up Burcher, if he was the better option he would’ve wrestled this weekend. As far as PSU fans go with Kuhn and Keener, no I haven’t seen anyone complain about Kuhn but I have seen some complain about Keener before. tOSU fans (myself included) expected to see development from Te’shan because of the new room he was in. We haven’t seen much of that. I’m not one of the fans that bashed him for what he has shown but none the less the lack of progression is still disappointing. I think he’ll get one of the auto bids remaining in the mini tournament but i don’t see him winning more than a match at nationals.

Campbell is a solid wrestler in any other conference.  In the B10, He's below average.  Burcher had opportunities to seize the spot and failed.  He's never been in great shape and is slow-footed and predictable.  White would have ended up at tOSU but Campbell came available first so they offered him the money.  In hindsight, the Bucks should have waited for White.  But given the fact Marinelli and Hall had both bailed after initially committing, the Bucks took the guy who was available.  

Campbell needs to find a TD that works against elite wrestlers and improve his match strategies.  We'll see if that happens during off-season.

Meanwhile, he needs a cons win against Burnham from Maryland to qualify.  Not a gimme but one you'd expect him to pull off.  

Campbell is a solid wrestler in any other conference.  In the B10, He's below average.  Burcher had opportunities to seize the spot and failed.  He's never been in great shape and is slow-footed and predictable.  White would have ended up at tOSU but Campbell came available first so they offered him the money.  In hindsight, the Bucks should have waited for White.  But given the fact Marinelli and Hall had both bailed after initially committing, the Bucks took the guy who was available.  

Campbell needs to find a TD that works against elite wrestlers and improve his match strategies.  We'll see if that happens during off-season.

Meanwhile, he needs a cons win against Burnham from Maryland to qualify.  Not a gimme but one you'd expect him to pull off.

I agree, I expect him to win against Burnham, but if he doesn't that means he will have lost 9 of his last 10 matches. I dont see how that qualifies for an at large bid...