I can see seeding being as follows for 125 in Cleveland:

1.  Cruz

2.  NaTo

3.  Sorry-ano

4.  Lee

5.  Fausz

6.  Piccinnini

7.  Lizak

I could see Sorry-ano and Lee switching, if Lee places 3rd at B1G and the seeding committee decides to punish Sorry-ano for a 6th place finish at B1G.

Edited by lu_alum

Returning finalist has zero bearing on seeding. 

I hope they set a precedent and knock Nolf/Suriano down a couple pegs for forefitting out of their conference tournies.  I understand why they both did, but if they keep good seeds you are going to see WAY more people start to do it. 

I hope they set a precedent and knock Nolf/Suriano down a couple pegs for forefitting out of their conference tournies.  I understand why they both did, but if they keep good seeds you are going to see WAY more people start to do it. 

I'd like to see them, for seeding purposes, treat it like a loss to everyone who finished above them at conferences - to in this case a loss to every Big Ten 125 pounder in the bracket.

Not gonna happen, but I hope they knock Nolf down far enough so that he can wrestle Micah in the qrtrs. 

Edited by TBar1977

Not gonna happen, but I hope they knock Nolf down far enough so that he can wrestle Micah in the qrtrs.

Which is pretty much the argument for keeping their seeds high. You’re moreso penalizing whoever they wrestle that’s sooner than it should be as opposed to penalizing them (assuming the person in question is a #1/#2 seed type)

I can see seeding being as follows for 125 in Cleveland:

1.  Cruz

2.  NaTo

3.  Sorry-ano

4.  Lee

5.  Fausz

6.  Piccinnini

7.  Lizak

I could see Sorry-ano and Lee switching, if Lee places 3rd at B1G and the seeding committee decides to punish Sorry-ano for a 6th place finish at B1G.

Lehigh fan just praying Cruz doesnt draw Suriano early at NCAA. Nick threw a 7-0 beating on Cruz last year. Cruz should win the JV EIWA Class 125LB Tournament...16 Teams and ONE AQ

Edited by NJwrestlingguy

Goodale said he was "100%".... obviously not. I'm not in the know.

Goodale definitely spoke with fork tongue. Rutgers is struggling. Just not excited about the Scarlet Knights the way I use to be. Suriano is on his way to becoming the unluckiest wrestler in recent memory.

Rutgers should end the charade, show Goodale the door and make Don Pritzlaff the head coach. He is clearly their difference maker.

Still not ready to give up on Goodale. Clearly this was not a good year. The gross display of unsportsmanlike behavior at the PSU match was embarrassing. Don’t think Suriano is the guy that will take the program to the top of the podium; he is an enigma. Anyway, not sure Pritzlaff would be the best guy to move into that spot. Burroughs?

I wasn't following too closely yesterday but why is Rutgers getting blasted for MFF Suriano yet no issue with the Nolf MFF?  Seems like both coaches being conservative with their guys after they have qualified.

Edited by pennsyrules

For all of the crying about the PSU match, the only unsportsmanlike behavior was by Deluca. Suriano is not dirty and you can’t fault him (or Goodall) for being injured. No matter who the coach is, RU is never going to run the table in the big ten. Much better fit for EIWA.