Sign in to follow this  
lu_alum

Suriano MFF out of B1G

Rutgers should end the charade, show Goodale the door and make Don Pritzlaff the head coach. He is clearly their difference maker.

Lol, what!?! Their best wrestler (Ashnault) was out all year. Their next best (NS) is obviously hurt.

They produced a U23 world champ this summer.

Wtf is wrong with you guys? And this from a guy who has been critical of Goodale.

Oh, and they’re 197 walked out. They are competing well in the Big with a diminished lineup, and a number of non state champs. Both Van Brills, Gravina, Lewis, Metzler...zero state titles combined.

Lol, what!?! Their best wrestler (Ashnault) was out all year. Their next best (NS) is obviously hurt.

They produced a U23 world champ this summer.

Wtf is wrong with you guys? And this from a guy who has been critical of Goodale.

Rutgers as a program is doing fine.  I just think Pritzlaff is the reason.  

For all of the crying about the PSU match, the only unsportsmanlike behavior was by Deluca. Suriano is not dirty and you can’t fault him (or Goodall) for being injured. No matter who the coach is, RU is never going to run the table in the big ten. Much better fit for EIWA.

Not really...end of 133, laughing at PSU kid, lots of intentional head butting all night...I was at the match and am a big Rutgers fan. Just very disappointed that night. It was kinda like Belleville in the 80s.

At least we now know why Metzler's shirt got pulled. Goodale probably thought Suriano might not actually be able to go post season. Knee injury not equal to Flu.

knew that at the Metzler point (some didn't understand or would not believe) and not a knee "injury"

The difference between Nolf and Suriano at this point is that Suriano actually took the mat vs Lizak (90% sure on that, somebody will correct me if I'm wrong). Stopping early in a match seems much more serious than forfeiting prior to protect further injury.

Nolf also has some separation between himself and the pack talent-wise, where an injury for Suriano even if he can go, likely drops him out of AA contention.

Corrected: It seems Suriano did not take the mat

Edited by josefsmoe

The difference between Nolf and Suriano at this point is that Suriano actually took the mat vs Lizak (90% sure on that, somebody will correct me if I'm wrong). Stopping early in a match seems much more serious than forfeiting prior to protect further injury.

Nolf also has some separation between himself and the pack talent-wise, where an injury for Suriano even if he can go, likely drops him out od AA contention.

I was watching Lee vs NaTo but glanced at the Suriano match and I too thought they were actually wrestling and then AFTER the match was underway Suriano MFF. I did not see the actual situation leading to the MFF. 

Edited by TBar1977

On Flo arena it had Suriano leading 2-0 with a takedown. Then I saw MFFT. Did they actually step on the mat and begin wrestling? Wouldn't that constitute as an injury default and not a medical forfeit?

Sorryano’s MFF was announced prior the start of the SF.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Returning finalist has zero bearing on seeding. 

I hope they set a precedent and knock Nolf/Suriano down a couple pegs for forefitting out of their conference tournies.  I understand why they both did, but if they keep good seeds you are going to see WAY more people start to do it. 

This. I guess it's possible for so many competitors to get hurt during the tourney but the rampant MFFs seems like abuse of the system at this point.

Gotta love the accuracy of Flo! Floarena scoreboard displayed the match starting and gave had a Suriano takedown 30 seconds into the match.

I'm guessing it was the first match of the session and what you saw was the scorers practicing in training mode. There's nothing showing in the transcript (go to the bracket and click on the bout number)

It wasn't. There were rounds of consolations done before it.

I don’t believe B1G held the SFs. The table workers kept the wrong names (Sorryano and Lizak) on the board for the start of the bout that actually took place. Willie and Askren were commenting about it on FloZone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t believe B1G held the SFs. The table workers kept the wrong names (Sorryano and Lizak) on the board for the start of the bout that actually took place. Willie and Askren were commenting about it on FloZone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honest question, how old are you? Please tell me pre teen.