tightwaist

DeSanto goes down

Watched the match on flo. DeSanto seemed to lack his usual pace until he got taken down, which was very late so he had no chance to come back. I've been a big fan of his style but like some other people have mentioned, he lost his head and committed a very unsportsmanlike act. Could have injured his opponent and it was clearly intentional.

I can watch the match just fine.

For the record, DeSanto appeared to come back to sanity immediately after the match, offering his hand to Tucker to help him up (after

DeSanto put him on his butt three seconds after the buzzer). He was so clearly frustrated by Tucker's defense, and then losing in the last

20 seconds. Interesting in DeSanto's four matches against Mueller and Tucker (two each), DeSanto scored exactly zero (0) takedowns.

DeSanto has no TDs v Mueller in their two Vegas bouts, but he scored the opening TD in their bout at he Scuffle (which ended in an INJ DEF).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BS move by DeSanto IMO... and then he acted like a crybaby when he was penalized for it. I’m a fan of DeSanto but that was an awful display of sportsmanship.

This is 100% correct. Watched it from about 30 feet away. And then he yelled at his coaches - probably for not challenging the penalty (if that's even possible), even though it was 100% deserved, and then stormed out of the arena. Really terrible sportsmanship. 

I was wondering when people were going to notice this. I enjoy watching DeSanto for his pace and admire that he was willing to go after spencer Lee, but he has always had terrible sportsmanship! If you followed him closely in high school you would find it hard to be fan.

Teemer match comes to mind.

I was wondering when people were going to notice this. I enjoy watching DeSanto for his pace and admire that he was willing to go after spencer Lee, but he has always had terrible sportsmanship! If you followed him closely in high school you would find it hard to be fan.

Agreed. If anyone has followed him from his early days, he's very emotional to the point of being disrespectful. Will always be talking to the refs and making faces. His entire personality is like he's on speed, which obviously translates to his wrestling. Easy to see him freak out (like last year at Districts when his headgear went missing and he went bonkers). Other people don't believe me when I tell them about some of his quirks. Not necessarily a bad kid, just definitely a little odd. But as I said, you definitely see it lend itself well to his wrestling style. 

Agreed. If anyone has followed him from his early days, he's very emotional to the point of being disrespectful. Will always be talking to the refs and making faces. His entire personality is like he's on speed, which obviously translates to his wrestling. Easy to see him freak out (like last year at Districts when his headgear went missing and he went bonkers). Other people don't believe me when I tell them about some of his quirks. Not necessarily a bad kid, just definitely a little odd. But as I said, you definitely see it lend itself well to his wrestling style. 

The community will forgive bad behavior in the name of intensity.  see Bros, Brands.  

Doesn't mean he isn't a punk.  

Isn’t it pretty widely known he’s autistic? All the behavior described above (minus intentionally trying to injure your opponent) definitely registers on the spectrum when you combin it all.

And.... (I say this as an AD fan)

Isn’t it pretty widely known he’s autistic? All the behavior described above (minus intentionally trying to injure your opponent) definitely registers on the spectrum when you combin it all.

That may be widely suspected but I don't think that is widely known? Is this speculation or fact? Either way his antics are what they are from a fan perspective

Prior to Cornell

• Tucker was a two-time prep national champion and four-time national finalist while attending Blair Academy.

• He wrestled at weights from 103 to 132 during his career.

• Served as team captain as a senior.

• Ranked among the top 25 recruits nationally according to the Associated Wrestling Press.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup.  Great quick analysis.  He is legit. Thanks.

Not a fan, this just cements that more. The "attack like a crazed animal " with an arsenal of 2 moves? 3 tops? Is only going to work against "some" competitors not ready for it. I do believe S Lee's injury played a big part in AD'S Claim to recent fame. Could he AA? perhaps depending on the year. Win it ? Never happening IMHO. And his demeanor in some interviews I've watched ...Psycho act comes to mind, attention seeking.