Sign in to follow this  
tightwaist

Spencer Lee will win the NCAA's

And why are we so sure considering he can't take Nato down and hasn't faced Suriano yet? Based on beating a freshman Rivera?

That was a supporting point. I think he responds to losses by doubling down on his determination. Instead of getting mopey he got angry and crushed Rivera.

And why are we so sure considering he can't take Nato down and hasn't faced Suriano yet?  Based on beating a freshman Rivera?

He will probably be the # 4 seed, so probably has Cruz in Semi's.  I love Cruz, but just think that Spencer poses a difficult match up for him.  Regarding NaTo, Lee was very close to finishing a couple of TD's.  I think he wins the rematch.  Regarding Suriano, well I think Suriano being out for the past few weeks doesn't help his cause and he most likely sees NaTo in the semi's. 

I don't doubt he can win it, just don't think he's been that dominant against the top guys.  He has now lost to Bresser and Nato and has struggled to get takedowns against the best.  Without a takedown and guys not going underneath him, his top game is obviously less effective.  

I also think that Cruz has proven to be a "money" wrestler.  I don't buy into the loss to Suriano last year necessarily carrying into the NCAA's even if Suriano competed.  He's the champ, he's done it at the big show, so its foolish to underestimate him.

Yes, by 2020 . Actually, I am saying Lee will be the 2018 champ at 125

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, that a horse of a different color!  The separation between Lee, Tomasello, Suriano and Cruz is so small - however, you might be right.

Spencer Lee will win NCAA's.  It just may not be this year.  Is he "right there"?  Absolutely, but now that there have been 6 periods wrestled between NATO and Lee, and Lee has zero takedowns, I have yet to see proof that Lee is "so much better" or "superior" to NATO.  The likely Rubber Match may be for all the marbles, and Lee can absolutely defeat NATO, but to believe he is the prohibitive favorite for every subsequent bout is a little bit premature.