Sign in to follow this  
superbowlhomeboy

I really enjoyed the Big Ten tournament era...

Now that you can injury default out, place low, and still get a high seed at NCAA’s, why would anyone even compete? Too much gaming the system. Hope the seeding committee recognizes this and puts an end to it.

I said it before and I will say it again, I hope they punish Nolf and put him low enough to draw Micah in the quarters. Drop Suriano too, far enough he can face Tomasello in the quarters. 

I said it before and I will say it again, I hope they punish Nolf and put him low enough to draw Micah in the quarters. Drop Suriano too, far enough he can face Tomasello in the quarters.

Directionally I agree that those who MFF should have repercussions.

I don't agree that the seeding committee should be looking for punitive match-ups to drive home an agenda.

I would prefer that the seeding committee error on the side of under seeding rather than giving a competitor the benefit of the doubt when it comes to medical/healthy recovery.

Guys like Suriano, Nolf, Kemerer should be looking at something like 6 - 9 seeds. Deakin maybe 12 - 16.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

Directionally I agree that those who MFF should have repercussions.

I don't agree that the seeding committee should be looking for punitive match-ups to drive home an agenda.

I would prefer that the seeding committee error on the side of under seeding rather than giving a competitor the benefit of the doubt when it comes to medical/healthy recovery.

Guys like Suriano, Nolf, Kemerer should be looking at something like 6 - 9 seeds. Deakin maybe 12 - 16.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

No, don't make the seeding decision public record, don't publicly acknowledge anything. Just make it happen. Trust me, it would cause a big stir. Good for ratings. Lol. 

Now that you can injury default out, place low, and still get a high seed at NCAA’s, why would anyone even compete? Too much gaming the system. Hope the seeding committee recognizes this and puts an end to it.

Agreed

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Those who use a Medical Forfeit rather than start and actually get injured and lose that way put as the Pigtail Match at the Big Dance? Or if both Medical Forfeit - have to face each other the first match?

Wrestlers get injured. Coaches let them qualify and then protect them from further injury this way. It is within the rules and unless they are changed it will be used.

Here is one thing the NCAA Wrestling Committee needs to do.  

If a wrestler who AQ'd for a league medically forfeits out of a conference tourney,  that AQ should be also be forfeited.  It doesn't mean the league won't earn an at-large.  But it also means the league isn't automatically GIFTED an AQ, when a wrestler from another league may be more deserving.

What do you recommend?

“I think if you default to 6th, you should be seeded like someone who placed 6th.”Not like someone that could have won had you attempted to. Reward the guys who are competing and winning.

The problem with that is you now punish the higher seeded wrestler by having to hit them in an earlier round. Would you like to be the one seed in a tournamnet where Nolf is seeded 32nd?

The problem with that is you now punish the higher seeded wrestler by having to hit them in an earlier round. Would you like to be the one seed in a tournamnet where Nolf is seeded 32nd?

I would prefer that if you MFF to someone it counts as a legitimate loss to them. So Suriano would have losses to Lizak, Welch, Rivera and seeded accordingly. It would not give him a 32nd seed but it would drop it and potentially to a quarterfinal matchup with someone who would rather not see them as a high seed. 

I would prefer that if you MFF to someone it counts as a legitimate loss to them. So Suriano would have losses to Lizak, Welch, Rivera and seeded accordingly. It would not give him a 32nd seed but it would drop it and potentially to a quarterfinal matchup with someone who would rather not see them as a high seed.

So let's say now we seed Suriano as the 8th seed. He would run into Cruz at the quarters thus punishing Cruz.

Uh ya as a Penn State fan of course you do lol.

So let's say now we seed Suriano as the 8th seed. He would run into Cruz at the quarters thus punishing Cruz.

EXACTLY!! Your not punishing the injury default guys more than you are the higher seed guys giving them tough quarters. The TBar example is fools gold. As a Penn State fan of course you’d sacrifice Nolf having to wrestle Micah if that precedent gets you to have Suriano face Tomasello in the quarters! You take that all day long.