Sign in to follow this  
Grecojones

Let's talk about Mckenna

He made such a big decision to leave Stanford in order to do better in his wrestling career.   I had a pit in my stomach with his loss to Thorn.  Looks like he is coming on strong!!  

Who would have thought at this stage of the year, that he could be the only National Champ this year for Ohio State.  He was the only #1 seed at Big10 for tOSU.  Really like what I am seeing from him.  He probably has the most complete game than anyone on the team. 

I wouldn't crown him just yet.  Has he beaten Meredith? Eierman? Heil?  Yianni?  Carr was ranked 11, McKenna won 13-0.  Mason Smith of CMU is ranked 10 and Eierman embarrassed him 24-9 in less than 5 min.  McKenna is wrestling well, but I've seen zero evidence he can beat any of the top 4 guys yet.

Uh he just beat #2 Jack who has wins over some those you conveniently just mentioned Tigerfan. Obviously you are an Eierman fan and McKenna is bringing noise you don’t want to hear.

Edited by Aviator12

Who would have thought at this stage of the year, that he could be the only National Champ this year for Ohio State.  He was the only #1 seed at Big10 for tOSU.  Really like what I am seeing from him.  He probably has the most complete game than anyone on the team.

Moore was also #1 seed at 197

Forgot about Jack.  Until this year he had Meredith's number.  I'm not worried about noise from McKenna.  This weight is insanely tough, no doubt.  If Meredith beats Heil again tonight, I guess McKenna would deserve the 4 seed, but that's probably his ceiling.

I wouldn't crown him just yet.  Has he beaten Meredith? Eierman? Heil?  Yianni?  Carr was ranked 11, McKenna won 13-0.  Mason Smith of CMU is ranked 10 and Eierman embarrassed him 24-9 in less than 5 min.  McKenna is wrestling well, but I've seen zero evidence he can beat any of the top 4 guys yet.

I wasnt crowning him anything.   I was just saying his rank in the Ohio State lineup is near the top, nobody would have thought that even two months ago.  Not saying he is going to win NCAA's, but he has a good shot. 

Forgot about Jack.  Until this year he had Meredith's number.  I'm not worried about noise from McKenna.  This weight is insanely tough, no doubt.  If Meredith beats Heil again tonight, I guess McKenna would deserve the 4 seed, but that's probably his ceiling.

And Jack didn't win the  conference, so I think McKenna is seeded over him.