Sign in to follow this  
nom

Rasheed theory didn't pan out ... still the right selection?

The common narrative was that Rasheed would get far more bonus than Cassar would get.  Even if Cassar could beat Moore, the wise choice was Rasheed given his BP potential.

Reviewing big 10's ... Rasheed had one MD.    

That said, perhaps he'll get some weaker guys at NCAAs ..... ????

I don't think he look his best.

I think he will look better at nationals. Moore clearly had a good strategy.

I think Cassar

Matches up better against Moore.

Lets hope rust is off for big show.

Frank C

Edited by cangemi

Is it possible that part of the reason Rasheed wrestled so well during the regular season was because he was fighting for a spot? Now that its him is he not wrestling with that same fire he had a few weeks ago?

He looked very flat this entire weekend...

Edited by BigTenFanboy

Too early to say if it "panned out."  PSU wasn't winning the meet even if Rasheed won in the finals.  We can make the final judgment in two weeks.

Also, if he won the spot based upon criteria set by the staff and both men had their chance to make their case, who's to question it?

Well unless someone has so inside information about this, I think we have to rely on the decision that Cael and perhaps his staff, came to. I'm sure Cael was looking at every factor, health, potential, experience, wrestle offs, ect, ect.

However, it did seem that the style Rasheed presented was very advantages for Kollin.

Anyway, to hijack the topic a little, did this tourney cause Kollin to get out of the funk he's been in?

Well unless someone has so inside information about this, I think we have to rely on the decision that Cael and perhaps his staff, came to. I'm sure Cael was looking at every factor, health, potential, experience, wrestle offs, ect, ect.

However, it did seem that the style Rasheed presented was very advantages for Kollin.

Anyway, to hijack the topic a little, did this tourney cause Kollin to get out of the funk he's been in?

Honestly I wasn't completely impressed with Moore either. He still looked a little flat. I think 2017 Moore at Big Tens stomps on the Moore we saw today.

Is it possible that part of the reason Rasheed wrestled so well during the regular season was because he was fighting for a spot? Now that its him is he not wrestling with that same fire he had a few weeks ago?

He is very scoutable. Goes to the same few moves constantly. I highly doubt lack of motivation had anything to do with it. It’s much easier to surprise people when nobody knows who you are or cares.

He is very scoutable. Goes to the same few moves constantly. I highly doubt lack of motivation had anything to do with it. It’s much easier to surprise people when nobody knows who you are or cares.

I don't know about this. Everyone knew who he was after the southern scuffle and it's not like 197 is a barn burner of a weight class this season.

Wrestling to seed and Big Ten runner up isn't panning out?

Rasheed will be fine.

Moore is still the guy to beat.

The fact that Cassar probably would have had atleast the same if not better results is why people are questioning things. Rasheed is supposed to be a bonus scoring machine and he wasnt that this weekend. He scored a whopping 1 bonus point the entire tournament. I dont think he wrestled his best here. Hopefully we see the dynamic and explosive Rasheed we're used to at NCAAs.

Finally somebody thinking outside the box. That fight for the spot may have taking everything out of him. Neither guy for Penn State, or all three in fact, have ever been thought of as world beaters.

I don't know about this. Everyone knew who he was after the southern scuffle and it's not like 197 is a barn burner of a weight class this season.

Southern scuffle, lol.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Yea? After the Southern Scuffle the wrestling media and rankers hyped him up and he basically became a household name in the college wrestling scene. Do you disagree?

Darmstardt is the guy who Shak thinks he is. Carl agrees!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

The transitive property of Cassar defeating Moore and Reed defeating Cassar is tough for PSU fans to swallow. As fans, in our hearts we want wrestling to work exactly that way, but in our minds we know that it rarely does, especially in college and especially in the B10. Let's see what happens in Cleveland.

The transitive property of Cassar defeating Moore and Reed defeating Cassar is tough for PSU fans to swallow. As fans, in our hearts we want wrestling to work exactly that way, but in our minds we know that it rarely does, especially in college and especially in the B10. Let's see what happens in Cleveland.

That and the fact that they think Cassar could actually do it again.