OUcat

Coon... Zero Shot Attempts

I agree on the no shots from Coon. Snyder looked pretty scared out there as well. Or is that just respect on both sides knowing it was going to be a one take down match? Coon took a lot of shots is his earlier matches...just saying. 

Edited by PRyan2012

I agree on the no shots from Coon. Snyder looked pretty scared out there as well. Or is that just respect on both sides knowing it was going to be a one take down match? Coon took a lot of shots is his earlier matches...just saying.

I don't think Kyle Snyder is scared of anybody. Coon weighs 50 lbs more. If NaTo was wrestling Bo Nickal, would he just shoot randomly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think if he had even feigned some shots he might have gotten a stall call in his favor. He was constantly moving forward and initiating ties, seeming to be looking for another throw, and Snyder backed out of every tie up. Snyder did have the only legitimate shot in regulation (and overtime), and deserved the win. I was hoping for more fireworks, but neither one wanted to make a mistake.

Edited by Crotalus

Oooh oooh initiating ties!

I know it doesn't sound like much, but in a heavyweight match it means something. And Snyder was clearly backing out of every tie. Anyone who watched the match could see what I mean. I don't think a stalling point would have been justified, but would not have been surprised if Snyder had been warned, particularly in the first period, when he seemed to be avoiding and contact. Just not what I'm used to seeing from Snyder. Seems he realized after the last match he doesn't want to pummel with Coon, nor does he want to get caught under him, which doesn't leave a whole lot of options for offense. I think the low single will be the key to victory in the NCAA finals. If he gets it he wins, if not, he'll lose. Edited by Crotalus

Oooh oooh initiating ties!

Remember this is heavy weight. Pushing and shoving for 7 minutes is the same thing as taking 10 shots at the other weights.  It is what it is. I would have hit Coon for stalling in the the second period. and the 3rd period. I also would have hit him for flying off the mat in overtime when Snyder was taking him down.

I know it doesn't sound like much, but in a heavyweight match it means something. And Snyder was clearly backing out of every tie. Anyone who watched the match could see what I mean. I don't think a stalling point would have been justified, but would not have been surprised if Snyder had been warned, particularly in the first period, when he seemed to be avoiding and contact. Just not what I'm used to seeing from Snyder. Seems he realized after the last match he doesn't want to pummel with Coon, nor does he want to get caught under him, which doesn't leave a whole lot of options for offense. I think the low single will be the key to victory in the NCAA finals. If he gets it he wins, if not, he'll lose.

Would you pummel with Coon? Snyder did the last match. Had to carry that 300 lbs for 7 minutes the first time they wrestled. Snyder adjusted . I was surprised he took down. That's a lot of weight. I'm a middle weight the pummeling and pushing doesn't do it for me.Coon did not make one offensive shot in 10 minutes of wrestling .

I don't think Kyle Snyder is scared of anybody. Coon weighs 50 lbs more. If NaTo was wrestling Bo Nickal, would he just shoot randomly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Having a 125lber wrestle a guy 60lbs heavier than himself is not the same as having a 225lbs guy wrestle a guy 60lbs heavier. The ratio of weight difference is nowhere near the same. Furthermore Nickal is arguably just as if not more coordinated and athletic than Nato. Snyder is definitely more coordinated and athletic than Coon, who is very coordinated and athletic for a guy his size.

With that said, no Nato wouldn't shoot. It would be pointless.

Snyder wrestled a very smart tactical match and very intelligently backed out whenever Coon tried to lock up his body throw. He picked his shots well and attacked Coon below the knees instead of going for his high crotch which made a big difference compared to the last time they wrestled.

Edited by BigTenFanboy

Well my take was that it appeared that Adam was constantly moving forward and he looked pretty composed. I think that Adam was really just trying to take ground, and get physical. I think he was just looking to mix it up and trying to get Kyle out of position for a scoring opportunity.

Meanwhile Kyle seemed very wary, however, I do think it was Kyle's strategy to extend this match as long as possible in an attempt to tire Adam out, so when he did launch an attack, the potential for success would be greater.

I think when we see these two meet again in round three at the NCAA's, I think we see Adam commit more so to a particular attack. So I think that will be problematic for Kyle, but it may also create some openings for Kyle to capapitalize on. So Dilly, Dilly.

Am I the only one who felt like Coon could have been hit for stalling? His only real offensive attempt came at the beginning of the 2nd and even that did not result in a real attack. Much different match than the first one. I’d imagine nationals looks different as well.

Am I the only one who felt like Coon could have been hit for stalling? His only real offensive attempt came at the beginning of the 2nd and even that did not result in a real attack. Much different match than the first one. I’d imagine nationals looks different as well.

He absolutely could have been called for stalling when he dove out of bounds right before Snyder scored the takkedown.

Coon should have been hit for stalling. Took very few risks.

Snyder could have as well the first two periods but once he started taking shots, Coon’s lack of any risk stood in stark contrast. It was clear Coon was happy to win in OT via higher riding time accumulation. Blah.

Hoping the refs are better prepared for this situation at NCAAs.

Edited by nom

Having a 125lber wrestle a guy 60lbs heavier than himself is not the same as having a 225lbs guy wrestle a guy 60lbs heavier. The ratio of weight difference is nowhere near the same.

But it is. Lol

Having a 125lber wrestle a guy 60lbs heavier than himself is not the same as having a 225lbs guy wrestle a guy 60lbs heavier. The ratio of weight difference is nowhere near the same.

But it is. Lol

No it's not... not even close.

60lbs for a 125lber is about 48% of your body weight.

60lbs for a 225lber is about 26% of your body weight.

So what happens if NaTo wrestles 149 or 157?

He wrestles a guy who is just as if not more athletic and coordinated as himself with a similar body fat to muscle ratio, only bigger.

Snyder is more athletic and coordinated than every heavyweight in college wrestling including Coon. He also has a better muscle to body fat ratio.

I'm not diminishing the fact that Snyder often wrestles guys bigger than him. I'm just invalidating the argument of comparing it to Nato wrestling Nolf. It's not the same thing at all. Not even close.

If you proportionally shrink the heavyweights to any other weight class, most of them would not be very competitive.

Edited by BigTenFanboy

He wrestles a guy who is just as if not more athletic and coordinated as himself with a similar body fat to muscle ratio, only bigger.

Snyder is more athletic and coordinated than every heavyweight in college wrestling including Coon. He also has a better muscle to body fat ratio.

I'm not diminishing the fact that Snyder often wrestles guys bigger than him. I'm just invalidating the argument of comparing it to Nato wrestling Nolf. It's not the same thing at all. Not even close.

Will you admit that Snyder would be the most dominant NCAA wrestler if there were a 220 weight class?

Will you admit that Snyder would be the most dominant NCAA wrestler if there were a 220 weight class?

Yes. Ill take it even further. If you shrank him down proprotionally to any weight class he would probably be the top guy at that weight.

The point is this. If you shrank him down proportionally to 125lbs and had him wrestle 133 or 141, he would not have the success he has wrestling at 285 currently.

Jacob Kasper is pretty darn successful at 285 although he's about the same size as Snyder. He don't hear people swooning over him saying OMG his opponents always out weigh him! Let's not pretend that 285 is a very athletic and talented weight class.

285 is the only weight class where being lighter and small can SOMETIMES actually be an advantage. That is NEVER the case at the other weight classes, especially 125. Heck a part of Snyder's success and what makes him so impressive is his ability to wrestle like a middle weight up at 285.

Edited by BigTenFanboy