OUcat

Coon... Zero Shot Attempts

Well I think part of Adam's plan was to keep his attacks upstairs, he has no doubt seen Kyle run around behind many wrestlers who's shots he stuffed. So I think that Adam's shot selection was limited to one where he stays on his feet, like a snatch single.

Well I think part of Adam's plan was to keep his attacks upstairs, he has no doubt seen Kyle run around behind many wrestlers who's shots he stuffed. So I think that Adam's shot selection was limited to one where he stays on his feet, like a snatch single.

I agree with this 100%. Coon shooting in on Snyder would be a BAD idea. Heck most heavyweights in general shooting is a bad idea.

I thought Coon got body locks and did absolutely nothing with them. He locked and held instead of lock and push or bully Snyder like in the first match. Lock and bully using his size does 2 things. 1. Tires Kyle out for 3rd and OT opportunities. 2. Keeping Kyle in upper body ties means Kyle isn’t shooting at ankles.

I thought Coon got body locks and did absolutely nothing with them. He locked and held instead of lock and push or bully Snyder like in the first match. Lock and bully using his size does 2 things. 1. Tires Kyle out for 3rd and OT opportunities. 2. Keeping Kyle in upper body ties means Kyle isn’t shooting at ankles.

Actually Snyder dropped his weight and backed out of those body locks defending them beautifully. Had he forced a throw in those positions he would have given Snyder an opportunity to score a takedown.

Ok B1GFanboy - I am anxious to watch again. It just looked like Coon didn’t make any attempts to score.

Can a HWT like Coon drop his stance and arm down like Metcalf’s stance to prevent shots?

I hope we see round 3.

It was a dmn good match between two outstanding competitors.  The first match Snyder got in trouble taking shots so he adjusted.  Coon's best offense is to counter Snyder.  I think the ref handled it well and we should be excited to have two amazing competitors with completely different styles going at it.  Round 3 in Cle.  Good luck to both.  

Ok B1GFanboy - I am anxious to watch again. It just looked like Coon didn’t make any attempts to score.

Can a HWT like Coon drop his stance and arm down like Metcalf’s stance to prevent shots?

I hope we see round 3.

Best example of this to look for is at the start of the second period where Coon gets his escape. He tries to lock Snyder up for the throw and Snyder beautifully counters/avoids the position.

Yes. Ill take it even further. If you shrank him down proprotionally to any weight class he would probably be the top guy at that weight.

The point is this. If you shrank him down proportionally to 125lbs and had him wrestle 133 or 141, he would not have the success he has wrestling at 285 currently.

Jacob Kasper is pretty darn successful at 285 although he's about the same size as Snyder. He don't hear people swooning over him saying OMG his opponents always out weigh him! Let's not pretend that 285 is a very athletic and talented weight class.

285 is the only weight class where being lighter and small can SOMETIMES actually be an advantage. That is NEVER the case at the other weight classes, especially 125. Heck a part of Snyder's success and what makes him so impressive is his ability to wrestle like a middle weight up at 285.

Being lighter and smaller is never an advantage at Heavyweight.  Being quicker is an advantage that some smaller heavyweights have, and it is an advantage at every weight class.

Being lighter and smaller is never an advantage at Heavyweight. Being quicker is an advantage that some smaller heavyweights have, and it is an advantage at every weight class.

Fair enough.

Big smaller or lighter specifically is not the advantage, however being smaller and lighter typically, but not always equates to being more coordinated and quicker. At 285 specifically being smaller also typically, but not always equates to having a lower body fat to lean mass ratio which typically, but not always makes you a more agile individual. Therefore the advantage is being quicker, more coordinated and more agile which is an advantage at any weight.

Edited by BigTenFanboy

I don't think Kyle Snyder is scared of anybody. Coon weighs 50 lbs more. If NaTo was wrestling Bo Nickal, would he just shoot randomly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just my opinion but it was the first time  It was the first time Snyder was "scared" in a sense he did not wrestle like himself-ever! He even stated as much. In other words it is the first time I have seen Kyle wrestle defensively or play chess. It worked! Snyder is the master of rematches! The guy has lost to what 5 guys or so in his career. I don't count the roided Bolt match. Avenged all of them!!! Master!

I did not think coon would lose to Snyder after I watched the dual video - coon tossed him around a bit in that dual.

But I was wrong. Hats off to Snyder. Good job.

Rubber match is in 10 days.

So, Snyder wrestle normal and loses the first match.  He counters by wrestling smart, keeping it close, tiring him out a bit, getting the escape was crucial to allow for overtime if needed, and then taking him down late, great plan I feel.   How does Coon's game plan now change to win this back?  Or does it?  If he rides him for riding time, he wins?   What will the next match bring???

So, Snyder wrestle normal and loses the first match. He counters by wrestling smart, keeping it close, tiring him out a bit, getting the escape was crucial to allow for overtime if needed, and then taking him down late, great plan I feel. How does Coon's game plan now change to win this back? Or does it? If he rides him for riding time, he wins? What will the next match bring???

Not to be obtuse but one big difference is that Coon attacked when he won the dual match? He was actively countering and chain wrestling single leg shots to doubles to wrap around body lock throws and such. We didn't really see that at B1Gs.

I was also surprised that Snyder picked down yesterday bc he seemed to struggle and expend a lot of time and energy to get out in the previous match, nearly giving up a riding time point. I thought Snyder would gas out for sure in the TBs and eventually get stuck underneath Coon, but it looks like Snyder has no problem escaping. Coon has to win it on his feet.

However, I'm pretty convinced that something was up with Snyder during the dual - flu, fatigue, distracted, whatever - and the loss was an anomaly. He wasn't sucking wind nearly as hard and seemed a lot sharper on his feet. I think it'll be real tough for Coon to win if they meet up again at nationals. Snyder is just bananas.

Not to be obtuse but one big difference is that Coon attacked when he won the dual match? He was actively countering and chain wrestling single leg shots to doubles to wrap around body lock throws and such. We didn't really see that at B1Gs.

I was also surprised that Snyder picked down yesterday bc he seemed to struggle and expend a lot of time and energy to get out in the previous match, nearly giving up a riding time point. I thought Snyder would gas out for sure in the TBs and eventually get stuck underneath Coon, but it looks like Snyder has no problem escaping. Coon has to win it on his feet.

However, I'm pretty convinced that something was up with Snyder during the dual - flu, fatigue, distracted, whatever - and the loss was an anomaly. He wasn't sucking wind nearly as hard and seemed a lot sharper on his feet. I think it'll be real tough for Coon to win if they meet up again at nationals. Snyder is just bananas.

Snyder expended 10X's the energy due to how he wrestled the 1st match.  Just the one time he tried to lift Coon off the mat with a shot seemed to sap him for good.  You could literally see his face turn beat red and every bit of Oxygen drain from him.

He just wrestled a much smarter match.  He stayed out of the deep ties and waited for Coon to slow down/tire a bit before going for the low single(actually ankle) attacks.

No matter if Snyder is 100% and just walking out of a hyperbaric chamber,  Coon is going to be an extremely difficult match up where Snyder can't make any mistakes.

Snyder expended 10X's the energy due to how he wrestled the 1st match.  Just the one time he tried to lift Coon off the mat with a shot seemed to sap him for good.  You could literally see his face turn beat red and every bit of Oxygen drain from him.

He just wrestled a much smarter match.  He stayed out of the deep ties and waited for Coon to slow down/tire a bit before going for the low single(actually ankle) attacks.

No matter if Snyder is 100% and just walking out of a hyperbaric chamber,  Coon is going to be an extremely difficult match up where Snyder can't make any mistakes.

In a post match interview on Flo Snyder gave a great interview saying how he normally doesn't game-plan, but for this time around he did.

He gave a really classy interview and you cant help but like and respect the guy even more every time he speaks.

He spoke very highly of Coon.

Great ambassador for the sport.

Edited by BigTenFanboy

In a post match interview on Flo Snyder gave a great interview saying how he normally doesn't game-plan, but for this time around he did. He gave a really classy interview and you cant help but like and respect the guy. Great ambassador for the sport.

Agreed.  Actually, both of them are real class acts.