Sign in to follow this  
OrangeEffect

Good strategy by Snyder

Great win,but I am not so sure he was in bounds on the final takedown.  You guys know the rules better than I do.  It looked like a knee(touching out of bounds) and a foot were out.   Just curious of your thoughts.

He was in bounds. In college if any body part is inbounds you'e good.

Great win,but I am not so sure he was in bounds on the final takedown.  You guys know the rules better than I do.  It looked like a knee(touching out of bounds) and a foot were out.   Just curious of your thoughts.

It is a cylinder. There was a brief period where no body part was touching the mat, but it looks like a toe stayed in the cylinder. Even if he did go out, I'm glad Snyder won. Coon was clearly fleeing. I hate watching people dive out of bounds to avoid a single and get no repercussion.

I’ve watched the short video going around and it sure looks like Snyder’s toe was an inch out. Is there another angle that confirmed in bounds? Second question, was the TD reviewed? Sorry, I missed the finals.

The takedown was reviewed.

He did go out then put his toes back in. At first glance seems like no 2. However, if you slowdown the replay, Coon's hands and knees hit the mat, Snyder has both legs, and a toe is in. They immediately go out afterwards, but at that point the two had already been earned. When I saw it live I thought they blew it but after watching the replay, the refs made the correct call.