Sign in to follow this  
BigTenFanboy

Gable Steveson @ NCAAs THIS SEASON

Re his last state finals:

As he had all tournament, Steveson spent very little time actually wrestling. He pinned Anoka’s Brandon Frankfurth in 17 seconds in the final, completing a state tournament run where he pinned all four of his opponents in a combined time of 2 minutes, 3 seconds. Steveson capped his victory with a backflip and blew kisses to an appreciative crown.

Also, remember that Gable dominated a college open tournament this year. He pinned 13-4 Brandon Metz in 30 seconds, pinned Nebraska’s David Jensen, and beat Rylee Streifel by 7. For comparison, Streifel lost by 2 to Nevills and had a 5 point match with Coon.

With the question being how Gable would do against college competition this is the answer. He dominated opponents at a college open. Don't be misled be the Steifl score - those two have been in the room together and were likely just messing around at the open.

I have no doubt he would AA at this years NCAA. I don't think he is ready to beat Coon and Snyder but he would give them a battle and I like his chances versus the rest of the field.