teach

Wisconsin

Why didn't the announcement say "retire" instead of "resigns"? That sounds as if he was forced out.

can't be sure, but there is a difference between resigning from a specific job/position versus retiring from the University. Perhaps he is not retiring and will continue to work somewhere in the athletic department, university, etc. Edited by ionel

Alvarez is grooming an ex wrestler/football player to take over the he leaves . Alvarez was the sticking point with Donny P , not Davis . Makes me think there might be bigger things happening there . Askren is from the next city over from the Alvarez protege ? Also is around Donnie's age ?

Alvarez is grooming an ex wrestler/football player to take over the he leaves . Alvarez was the sticking point with Donny P , not Davis . Makes me think there might be bigger things happening there . Askren is from the next city over from the Alvarez protege ? Also is around Donnie's age ?

Go on...

Pop? Pay has to be better, better conference, better history.

Great choice but he has such a good thing going at NC State I would be suprised. Pop just runs circles around so many coaches as a program builder and with Dresser out he can just keep rolling every year as ACC Champs in a great area. No idea what he makes at NC State ( and salary is not everything..Housing?..vehicle?..kids go for free?..and a whole bunch other perks?) ..If Wisconsin really wants to make a move hire POP at $250,000 (all the perks) and never look back! Alvarez would be a Legend in the Wrestling Community.

Edited by NJwrestlingguy

Great choice but he has such a good thing going at NC State I would be suprised. Pop just runs circles around so many coaches as a program builder and with Dresser out he can just keep rolling every year as ACC Champs in a great area. No idea what he makes at NC State ( and salary is not everything..Housing?..vehicle?..kids go for free?..and a whole bunch other perks?) ..If Wisconsin really wants to make a move hire POP at $250,000 and never look back!

Is Pop the heir apparent to John Smith at Okie State?  I cannot see Smith being around much longer.  But just my opinion. 

This is what Askren posted back in December when a lot of the posters on the wiwrestling forum were clamoring for a change at UW and wanted Askren for the job: 

I am retired from MMA sans 1 more fight against a #1 to prove I am the best.

I love running the academy system with Max, John and Josh, but I also very much enjoyed my 4 years of college coaching at ASU and Mizzou.  I would consider coaching at the collegiate level but only in a head coaching role at the D1 level and with the roots I have built here I think it is unlikely I leave Wisconsin so that only leaves 1 option.  That being said it is a 2 way street and UW would have to want that also.

Obviously by this it sounds as if Ben would certainly entertain the idea if the feeling by UW were reciprocal. And looking at everything the guy does, he does everything balls to the wall. A lot of people don't like his attitude or seem to doubt his abilities in some aspects of possibly being a head coach. I'd say he probably takes that as a challenge. The guy doesn't fail at much. Wisconsin needs a shot in the arm, someone that can bring instant credibility and excite the fan base. I think Askren could be that guy. Not to short change any of the other guys who will be candidates, but Askren is a home state guy and brings big time name recognition. 

Is Pop the heir apparent to John Smith at Okie State?  I cannot see Smith being around much longer.  But just my opinion. 

This is a total guess on my part, but I'm guessing Perry is being groomed for that and can possibly be part of the reason why Guerrero went to Oklahoma.  Or I could be completely wrong, which tends to happen. Often...

This is a total guess on my part, but I'm guessing Perry is being groomed for that and can possibly be part of the reason why Guerrero went to Oklahoma. Or I could be completely wrong, which tends to happen. Often...

Probably wrong on both parts.

Don't know what BD makes but if it isn't 125K or higher, Cunningham doesn't leave.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

For the ACC fans..What is going on at Virginia?.5th in ACC Tournament?..They seemed to be ready to step up a level under Garland not so long ago..Did hiring the Paulson Brothers doom the program...They were 2 of the top guys at the Iowa State demise..The brothers/or one of them also just violated NCAA rules and the program might take a hit for that.

Edited by NJwrestlingguy