teach

Wisconsin

Barry Davis salary: $107,467

Also, count me in for the askren bandwagon

P.s. another quality chop by MM in this thread

Thats sad and how can assistants get paid well when HC is getting low salary?..Thats Davis not building Program..You get a mirror image from Goldman and Indiana..Although Goldman would struggle running a lemonade stand and Davis should not be linked with him.

Edited by NJwrestlingguy

Donny Pritzlaff is the obvious hire and the right hire. I would think they would put personal differences aside if there are some. However, if that doesn't come to fruition, maybe they can lure in Chris Bono. Bono would certainly generate some excitement around the program, which I think the program needs right now. 

Donny Pritzlaff is the obvious hire and the right hire. I would think they would put personal differences aside if there are some. However, if that doesn't come to fruition, maybe they can lure in Chris Bono. Bono would certainly generate some excitement around the program, which I think the program needs right now.

He burned his bridges on the way out.

Great choice but he has such a good thing going at NC State I would be suprised. Pop just runs circles around so many coaches as a program builder and with Dresser out he can just keep rolling every year as ACC Champs in a great area. No idea what he makes at NC State ( and salary is not everything..Housing?..vehicle?..kids go for free?..and a whole bunch other perks?) ..If Wisconsin really wants to make a move hire POP at $250,000 (all the perks) and never look back! Alvarez would be a Legend in the Wrestling Community.

Underestimate Robie at your own risk

Assistants' names are thrown around regularly. Damion Hahn being a prime example of this. That said, how many jobs has Hahn applied for and been passed over for someone else?

Here's my list:

1. Cunningham

2. Hahn

3. Tom Brands (he might need a new job with a lot less expectation for success, so his teams' results look really good... ;) )

4. Mark Perry - 'cuz, why not?

5. Lee Kemp

Well that's the question, does the AD give the job to a younger guy, ( who's possibly unproven ), or does the AD try and lure a successful and established coach away from an existing program. Very tough call.

Iowa State has hired Dresser, and it looks like that it will take a while before we see that program return to it's once lofty status. Oklahoma took a very experienced wrestler, and assistant coach in Lou Rosselli, and this may be another situation that it may take some time before results can be judged.

I think the other things that can help or hurt a new coach is the commitment by the school, the money, the facilities, the staff the new coach installs, and I think the other thing that makes and keeps some of the schools on top are the schools that have wrestling clubs associated with the school.

I think he's probably talked himself out of a HC job. He's pretty outspoken on rightwing politics. 

I don't use twitter, so that's disappointing to hear because Ben seems like a bright guy.  Guess it's probably good he isn't in Tempe anymore because they're doing a big Marine Corps training exercise in Phoenix and conspiracy theories are flying around about how martial law is coming and hide your guns and blaming Obama or Clinton for it.  

I would like to see what BadgerMon thinks here. 

Sweet of you to think of me, and I'm sure that you'll be sorry you asked!

First of all, good luck to Barry, and thanks for 25 years of bringing in and working with a great bunch of young men. A quarter of a century running a squeaky clean, problem free program is a testament to his good-will and care for the boys.

Now, to your query...

I think that, if J Rob were available and interested, he would merit serious consideration. He knows HOW to build a championship team out of a non-Iowa program.

Realize that ADs around the Midwest may think he is a "no-touch" entity, but J has always had winning teams. And I guess winning is the name of the game. Also, J would keep the boys employed all summer with this camps.

I think that Lee Kemp would do a great job if he were so inclined. His children are grown now, so he may be available. Lee is still regarded as a Giant of the wrestling community by the folks that know anything about wrestling, and he would be a proponent of free and greco too, which is a huge draw in itself.

I think that Kyle Ruschell, coming out of several years of retirement, answering the call of duty and going up a weight class to kick tail at the Pan Ams  should stay on as he is an inspiration to us all.

I'd like to see that Nazar would be a "during practice" training partner, as he is definitely a draw. Don't know if he gets to do that or not.

It would be great to get Tyler Graff back to work with the lightweights.

I think that regional sponsorship, like the American Milk Producers Inc and send wrestlers to do clinics up to the utmost corners of the state is important and should be a big push to reclaim  ( we gave out stocking caps with the AMPI logo!).  Drumming up new corp sponsorship would be something a coach would need to do, of course all legal per the NCAA rules. I don't know the rules on that, however.

I think that the Badgers could wrestle exhibition duals at various high schools like they used to- More marketing!

I'd like to see more diverse set-ups to take-downs. Diving- in is sort of crazy in my book, but then again, we didn't ankle-dive back in the day, because most of us KNELT HARD on the diver's head when he tried it.  It is effective for alot of guys, I know.  Scoring will increase with more variety of set-ups, just my opinion. Good old fashioned head-snaps and arm-drags added to the repertoire are plenty to keep those Dake-ish low-squatters a little more honest.

Just my humble opinion. What do I know- I've never been a D-1 University head coach.