teach

Wisconsin

From Ben Askren on the wiwrestling.com forum

LOL David is a friend of mine and he isn't giving up his olympic dream to come coach Wisconsin.  That being said if he was in the running he would be my #1 choice.

That being said here are your choices:
Bormet(although unlikely to leave MI as he will assume the head job soon)
Bono(Psyched for the opportunity would do a great job)
Schwab
Snyder(Would fit in well in Madison)
Hahn
Pritzlaff
Luke Becker
Me 

Cunningham and Kolat not very interested.

I've met Ben and think he's a great guy. I look forward to seeing him in Cleveland.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I think he is a great guy too and probably succeed! I just don't think he will be the choice, and not because all of this nonsense posted on here.

It's funny how often people make hard lined decisions about a person based on taking little snipits of information or tweets/interviews, etc. out of context.  If you truly want to know who Askren is (or anyone for that matter), why don't you ask him how he feels about something or what his stance is??  Funny how there is so much technology out there that information is instantly at our finger tips, but some are afraid to use it to see all sides of things and actually ask someone what they meant or believe.  I don't know Askren, but I can almost guarantee if you reached out to him on the many different social media sites, he would have no problem telling you exactly what he truly feels and/or meant by any post/comment/ interview/tweet.  But....as with most of you anonymous internet forum tough guys, you are to much of a coward to ever do that.  And go ahead and live your life criticizing and judging people you know absolutely nothing about.

By the way...who cares if someone posted something from a right wing leaning website.  90% of the other websites are left wing, so are you going to block or unfriend someone who posts an article from those places??  How about this...why not look at all websites or news sites to get information and then...uh oh....here is a novel idea...make up your own conclusion after seeing both sides?!?!? 

90% of the other websites are left wing, 

Source? Let me guess: Infowars?? Fox News? Rush? 

Askren has made his opinions known. There is no NEED to ask a man for an opinion he's already given, unless you just want to hear the same words over and over again. 

Edited by TobusRex

Yeah, I have to agree with this. While a really nice guy, the only place in the NCAA where Ken will be happy coaching is Ken Chertow University, where is president, AD and head wrestling coach.

Isn't KCU affiliated with Trump U?

Tervel Dlagnev HC

Kyle Snyder AC

Edited by stp

It's funny how often people make hard lined decisions about a person based on taking little snipits of information or tweets/interviews, etc. out of context.  If you truly want to know who Askren is (or anyone for that matter), why don't you ask him how he feels about something or what his stance is??  Funny how there is so much technology out there that information is instantly at our finger tips, but some are afraid to use it to see all sides of things and actually ask someone what they meant or believe.  I don't know Askren, but I can almost guarantee if you reached out to him on the many different social media sites, he would have no problem telling you exactly what he truly feels and/or meant by any post/comment/ interview/tweet.  But....as with most of you anonymous internet forum tough guys, you are to much of a coward to ever do that.  And go ahead and live your life criticizing and judging people you know absolutely nothing about.

By the way...who cares if someone posted something from a right wing leaning website.  90% of the other websites are left wing, so are you going to block or unfriend someone who posts an article from those places??  How about this...why not look at all websites or news sites to get information and then...uh oh....here is a novel idea...make up your own conclusion after seeing both sides?!?!? 

He opens himself up to criticism by running his mouth about conspiracy theories on twitter and in interviews, and then openly campaigning for a job despite not currently being an active coach.  

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt."

With that said, I don't know if that Joe Rogan interview alone is egregious enough to disqualify him from a job.  Does anyone have more concrete evidence where he directly says he thinks the Florida students or Sandy Hook parents are actors? Is the closest thing where he isn't willing to say that they 100% aren't (still an idiotic statement, but not egregious)?

As technically savvy a wrestler/coach as Askren is, at the end of the day he is the head of the program. By the sounds of it, he is sounding a lot like Mark Schultz and not like somebody you want to entrust with the liability of the position...

Also, I'm surprised that nobody has suggested that Metzger is a candidate for the job given how great a golfer he is. 

Edited by Billyhoyle