Sign in to follow this  
RoadrunnerPride

Can PSU set a record?

I remember a lot of talk after last season about whether or not PSU could set a new record at the 2018 NCAA wrestling tourney

Obviously that was before

Suriano decided to transfer but did not include Lee or Rasheed IIRC

So what would it take?

Nolf being healthy enough to win and some bonus points too

ALL 5 champs repeating and several pins and techs for each

Then let’s assume we see Lee and Rasheed in the finals

So 5 champs and 2 runner ups

Nevils gets 3rd

I realize it’s a long shot but can it happen if all that happens?

I was never on a wrestling team that was any good so I don’t know how all the scoring works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL.  That is a good one.   DF-Worthy!

As far as records go, what is the record for highest number of points scored by a runner-up? :)

LOL. That is a good one. DF-Worthy!

As far as records go, what is the record for highest number of points scored by a runner-up? :)

For the record I am not a psu fan or anti psu fan and sure do not aspire to be a DF type even though I do find him entertaining 80% of the time

I am just a wrestling fan first and enjoy picking an underdog (team) every year.

Right now I am stuck between hoping tOSU can pull of the upset over PSU and/or PSU pulling the upset over that IOWA team that currently has the record.

Waiting anxiously for those brackets before I go all in one way or the other!!!!!!

You know Tbar.. this is getting out of hand. Once again you say something claiming that PSU is less than perfect and is not indestructible. I now demand you turn in you PSU fan club membership card!

The walk of shame. Like a perp walk. Ha ha.

Edited by TBar1977

For the record I am not a psu fan or anti psu fan and sure do not aspire to be a DF type even though I do find him entertaining 80% of the time

I am just a wrestling fan first and enjoy picking an underdog (team) every year.

Right now I am stuck between hoping tOSU can pull of the upset over PSU and/or PSU pulling the upset over that IOWA team that currently has the record.

Waiting anxiously for those brackets before I go all in one way or the other!!!!!!

Me too!

You know Tbar.. this is getting out of hand. Once again you say something claiming that PSU is less than perfect and is not indestructible. I now demand you turn in you PSU fan club membership card!

Seriously?  He just listed 2 irrefutable facts about 2 guys that were likely to score 20+ points.

Now, if he would have said that Lee losing to Carr has him worried about his performance at NCAA's or Joseph has looked sloppy as of late or the team's bonus was down at B1G's or Keener looks like he may not score any points at NCAA's THOSE things would be saying that.  All he said was one key guy left and another is injured..............

0%

Lee will be fortunate to place

Cenzo/Hall unlikely to repeat

Who knows on Nolf.

Nickal/ZR should win.

I think they get 3 champs, 1 runner up and some AAs. Nowhere near the record. That said, I think at the weights PSU is "weak" 125/133/141, Ohio State will AA, and at the weights they are strong (excluding 149 and 165) Ohio State is equally as strong in most, and even better at a few. I think TOSU wins the team title in a nail biter.

But no records for either.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Does everyone think Rasheed still makes it to the finals in the national tournament? Not saying he won’t, but unless he was sick or sumthin the Rasheed I saw doesn’t look to have the horsepower needed against the bigger 97’s.

Not sure when 'everyone' agreed on this, but I never thought Tupac would make the NCAA finals.