Aviator12

Funny There Has Been No Mention

In the irony of Nick Suriano defaulting out of the Big Ten tourney, In a bracket on a collision course with NaTo. Didn’t Nate take a ton of flack on here for not wrestling Nick first weekend back from injury and here’s Suriano doing the exact same thing, right off a 9-2 win for the kid from Illinois. Jus sayin.....

Interesting also that Suriano finishes 6th in the b10 yet has an official record of 21-0

Nick Suriano Rutgers 21-0

Yet Gross wins the B12, plus wins every match wrestled at 133 and has a loss on his official record

Seth Gross South Dakota St. 24-1

I’m not complaining about the mass mff’s. I’m speaking specifically between Suriano and NATO, and bringing up the situation where NATO was criticized for doing exactly what Suriano just did. Sorry if this hurts your feelings but I think it deserved it’s own thread. Think about it... if the seeding falls just right, there is a chance now Suriano will never have to face Tomasello in his career by dodging him at Big 10’s. NATO is the match up problem with Suriano who won’t be able to brute strength NATO like he does everyone else.

Edited by Aviator12

Interesting also that Suriano finishes 6th in the b10 yet has an official record of 21-0

Nick Suriano Rutgers 21-0

Yet Gross wins the B12, plus wins every match wrestled at 133 and has a loss on his official record

Seth Gross South Dakota St. 24-1

Apparently they count the loss to Bryce Meredith.  They still count even though it was at 141.

In the irony of Nick Suriano defaulting out of the Big Ten tourney, In a bracket on a collision course with NaTo. Didn’t Nate take a ton of flack on here for not wrestling Nick first weekend back from injury and here’s Suriano doing the exact same thing, right off a 9-2 win for the kid from Illinois. Jus sayin.....

and he wrestled that first match with the Flu.  He could have got the Illinois kid sick.   

I’m not complaining about the mass mff’s. I’m speaking specifically between Suriano and NATO, and bringing up the situation where NATO was criticized for doing exactly what Suriano just did. Sorry if this hurts your feelings but I think it deserved it’s own thread. Think about it... if the seeding falls just right, there is a chance now Suriano will never have to face Tomasello in his career by dodging him at Big 10’s. NATO is the match up problem with Suriano who won’t be able to brute strength NATO like he does everyone else.

so if NATO makes the finals like he is certainly capable of doing, does it really matter where Suriano falls in the bracket?

Interesting also that Suriano finishes 6th in the b10 yet has an official record of 21-0 Nick Suriano Rutgers 21-0

Yet Gross wins the B12, plus wins every match wrestled at 133 and has a loss on his official record Seth Gross South Dakota St. 24-1

You can't lose a match that you didn't start....this year anyway. We'll see what happens next year. MFF's shouldn't count as a loss in my opinion but conference placement absolutely should factor into seeding. There needs to be a formula for this pertaining to seeding puropses in the near future. Edited by unbiased

Here you dopes go again:  accusations of intentional and fraudulent medical  forfeits to.....what?......secure a better seed?  It's sad that this forum has so many ex high school guys who couldn't make the varsity at 275, or more probably couldn't make weight.  Go pound your pony on the mixed swim dancing site.

Here you dopes go again:  accusations of intentional and fraudulent medical  forfeits to.....what?......secure a better seed?  It's sad that this forum has so many ex high school guys who couldn't make the varsity at 275, or more probably couldn't make weight.  Go pound your pony on the mixed swim dancing site.

Solid fifth post.

I still think complaining about all the MFF’s is pretty much the same thing. Suriano avoided Lizak too. It’s not like he knew Tomasello would even beat Lee. Ya know because Lee had already beaten Tomasello.

The Mat forum is getting SLOW here I guess.

Any of my coaches would've kicked me off the team if I skipped out of a tournament for something like that. 

No offense intended, but were you a blue chipper like NATO?  RS Sr, who wrestled on the Sr. circuit all year, NCAA champ and 3 x AA and at that point 3X Big10 Champ.  I think most coaches would give that kid a break.  Honestly, I think NATO is burned out and every bit of rest he got with the early injury and an abbreviated schedule, is to his benefit as an athlete.  

No offense intended, but were you a blue chipper like NATO?  RS Sr, who wrestled on the Sr. circuit all year, NCAA champ and 3 x AA and at that point 3X Big10 Champ.  I think most coaches would give that kid a break.  Honestly, I think NATO is burned out and every bit of rest he got with the early injury and an abbreviated schedule, is to his benefit as an athlete.  

Hell no. I was a blue collar kid that was recruited by 3 or 4 D2 schools (and that for both football AND wrestling) in the Oklahoma/Kansas region. I didn't get a single scholly offer from any D1 schools. 

I think many fans are just happy Suriano was able to get on the mat for 1 bout, despite his illness.   I'm more inclined to commend him for his efforts than to criticize him for not being good enough to go any further.     I hope he's 100% come Cleveland.

Sorryano’s career at the B1G, covering six pairings:

Bouts of record: 1-1 (DEC this year and his opening INJ DEF last year)

Medical FFTs: 4 (consy last year, and Semi-Slide this year)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk