Sign in to follow this  
NJwrestlingguy

Brands deserved that!

It’s not right. Brands was being a punk.

I don’t think either should be penalized, but if they are going to penalize Richie, they have to be consistent. Not to mention, coaches should be held to a higher standard than the athlete.

I wonder why Iowa recruitment is down?

He was stone faced while Massa was flexing at him too. Pretty funny.

Its not good to be in that situation, but when he puts himself there he takes it like a man.

Odd that he gets a 0 for his conduct leading up to that point and 10 once he got there, IMHO

Edited by hammerlockthree

I’m guessing Brands had no clue what Richie was even doing after the big10 match. He’s so in the moment it’s not like he’s gong to recall what he said after a match a few days ago let alone earlier in the season to know why Richie was acting like that.

If Brands hadn't reminded Lewis of the importance of wrestling the whole match, he wouldn't have picked up that win. Though he wears Hawkeye colors, Brands is a coach to all.

Iowa must have a new gold, black, and rose color scheme to see it that way. 

I love it.

That’s wrestling. I like the give and get. That three match exchange was great theatre and good for the sport. Brands bros are great for Iowa, and great for wrestling at any level.

No they are not. Guys like Brands give coaches a bad name. He does motivate his guys though, I'll give him that.

If Brands hadn't reminded Lewis of the importance of wrestling the whole match, he wouldn't have picked up that win. Though he wears Hawkeye colors, Brands is a coach to all.

If you could have only been there. This was so funny, the gesture and the then blank look from Brands. Whole audience.