• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#1 gowrestle

gowrestle

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,217 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 03:20 AM

Saw this on another forum. Bad luck for NS but worse luck for Rutgers. I hope we don’t get the rep that the school on the Raritan is a graveyard for wrestlers.

#2 ThatLogSchuteWasCarrying

ThatLogSchuteWasCarrying

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 03:22 AM

Saw this on another forum. Bad luck for NS but worse luck for Rutgers. I hope we don’t get the rep that the school on the Raritan is a graveyard for wrestlers.

Dude just has no luck for the postseason.  Maybe he needs to go on the Snyder schedule and just wait for Big Tens before his first match next year. 

#3 TBar1977

TBar1977

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 12,544 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 03:25 AM

The post on the PSU board is not to be trusted.  Not saying it isn't true, just that this specific source is a known troll on stuff like this. 

Penn State - NCAA Champions 7 of the last 8 Years

#4 TobusRex

TobusRex

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 03:28 AM

Damn, dude is snakebit if this is true. 

#5 Mpchillin

Mpchillin

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 03:30 AM

The post on the PSU board is not to be trusted. Not saying it isn't true, just that this specific source is a known troll on stuff like this.

A lot of what you read on the PSU board can’t be trusted, like any other message board.
  • xander likes this

#6 LemonPie

LemonPie

Gold Member

• Members
  • 5,186 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 03:41 AM

Don't believe it for a second

Anyone but Heil '18

http://contenttolosebythree.com

#7 pamela

pamela

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,834 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 03:46 AM

Nick Suriano would have to be catastrophically injured to be "out" right now. Wouldn't Goodale want to use every second of time before the tournament for Nick to heal up and get cleared by the medical staff?

#8 russ1847

russ1847
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 03:51 AM

I guess could be either way... article on 3/3 says precautionary and will be ready... also says aggravated a lower body injury... 

http://www.nj.com/ru...ships_exit.html

Nick Suriano medical forfeited out of the Big Ten Championships semifinal round as a "precautionary" measure and will be ready for the NCAA Championships in two weeks, Rutgerscoach Scott Goodale said.

"He'll be ready (for nationals)," Goodale told NJ Advance Media. "He needed probably another week."

Suriano, the nation's top-ranked 125-pounder, wrestled his first bout in a month in the quarterfinal round after missing the Scarlet Knights' last four dual meets of the season due to illness. Additionally, Goodale revealed Suriano has also been battling a "lower body injury," and he aggravated the injury during his 9-2 quarterfinal win over Illinois' Travis Piotrowski, although it is not believed to be an issue.

#9 ionel

ionel

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 03:57 AM

I guess could be either way... article on 3/3 says precautionary and will be ready... also says aggravated a lower body injury... 

http://www.nj.com/ru...ships_exit.html

Nick Suriano medical forfeited out of the Big Ten Championships semifinal round as a "precautionary" measure and will be ready for the NCAA Championships in two weeks, Rutgerscoach Scott Goodale said.

"He'll be ready (for nationals)," Goodale told NJ Advance Media. "He needed probably another week."

Suriano, the nation's top-ranked 125-pounder, wrestled his first bout in a month in the quarterfinal round after missing the Scarlet Knights' last four dual meets of the season due to illness. Additionally, Goodale revealed Suriano has also been battling a "lower body injury," and he aggravated the injury during his 9-2 quarterfinal win over Illinois' Travis Piotrowski, although it is not believed to be an issue.

the he aggravated the injury is not in quotes, so who knows if Goodale actually said such.  But given the issue, if he did in fact aggravate it then that's not good with short time to NCAA.

#10 Motown98

Motown98
  • Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 03:57 AM

Who gets this spot?  Hildebrandt from Central Michigan or Baughman from Cornell.

#11 ThatLogSchuteWasCarrying

ThatLogSchuteWasCarrying

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 04:00 AM

Don't believe it for a second

You can't lie on the Internet.  That's illegal. 

• Tofurky likes this

#12 tec87

tec87

Gold Member

• Members
  • 7,090 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 04:00 AM

Who gets this spot? Hildebrandt from Central Michigan or Baughman from Cornell.

Who’s to say that the NCAA was notified in time for them to make the change and re-draw the brackets since they come out today? I thought last year they re-drew the bracket but it was too late to add a replacement for Suriano.
FIRE UP CHIPS!!!!

#13 ionel

ionel

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 04:02 AM

Who gets this spot?  Hildebrandt from Central Michigan or Baughman from Cornell.

if a medical issue out of B10 qualifiers this might then go to Kuhn who finished 11th (3rd in the mini 2nd chance bracket).  Might be why PSU fans would be interested in this issue.  

Edited by ionel, 07 March 2018 - 05:03 AM.

#14 gimpeltf

gimpeltf

Gold Member

• Members
  • 5,463 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 04:03 AM

Who’s to say that the NCAA was notified in time for them to make the change and re-draw the brackets since they come out today? I thought last year they re-drew the bracket but it was too late to add a replacement for Suriano.

As I recall they kept saying he would be ready. And I think the injury replacement time is still the Monday before.

• gowrestle likes this

#15 TBar1977

TBar1977

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 12,544 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 04:06 AM

if a medical issue out of B10 qualifiers this might then go to Kuhn who finished 10th (3rd in the mini 2nd chance bracket).  Might be why PSU fans would be interested in this issue.  

Kuhn is not next. Pretty sure they don't take the next man from the Big10, they just take the next best at large.

Edited by TBar1977, 07 March 2018 - 04:07 AM.

• buf87 likes this

Penn State - NCAA Champions 7 of the last 8 Years

#16 ionel

ionel

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 04:18 AM

Kuhn is not next. Pretty sure they don't take the next man from the Big10, they just take the next best at large.

I believe there's a point in time (not sure when the cut off time) where if injury (broken leg etc.) and can't wrestle then the B10 replaces wrestler. That's why they wrestled the mini bracket for weights that had 8 AQ spots (141, 157 & 184).

#17 unbiased

unbiased

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 583 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 04:19 AM

If Suriano is out where will he get seeded? I say #1.

#18 NJwrestlingguy

NJwrestlingguy

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,810 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 04:21 AM

100% BS

#19 ThatLogSchuteWasCarrying

ThatLogSchuteWasCarrying

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 04:24 AM

if a medical issue out of B10 qualifiers this might then go to Kuhn who finished 10th (3rd in the mini 2nd chance bracket).  Might be why PSU fans would be interested in this issue.  

The spot doesn't go to the next finisher from the Big Ten. It would go to whoever was the next guy in line in the at-large pool.  They've told that person who they are at each weight so they can continue to hold their weight and practice but they don't announce it. 

#20 ThatLogSchuteWasCarrying

ThatLogSchuteWasCarrying

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 04:25 AM

I believe there's a point in time (not sure when the cut off time) where if injury (broken leg etc.) and can't wrestle then the B10 replaces wrestler. That's why they wrestled the mini bracket for weights that had 8 AQ spots (141, 157 & 184).

That's incorrect. The purpose of the mini bracket was to determine who would finish "one spot short of qualifying" for at large purposes. 

• buf87 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users