Sign in to follow this  
gowrestle

Suriano Out

Who’s to say that the NCAA was notified in time for them to make the change and re-draw the brackets since they come out today? I thought last year they re-drew the bracket but it was too late to add a replacement for Suriano.

They changed that after what happened last year.  The replacement deadline is now at weigh ins Thursday morning.

If that's true seems a little silly to wrestle that entire mini bracket as there's already a process in place to determine the next at large, but guess that's how the B10 does it now.

Agreed but one of the criteria for at large selection is finishing one spot below qualifying at your conference tournament and "Qualifying event placement" is 10% of the equation they use to determine who gets picked. So having the bracket helps the case of whoever gets 9th. 

Agreed but one of the criteria for at large selection is finishing one spot below qualifying at your conference tournament and "Qualifying event placement" is 10% of the equation they use to determine who gets picked. So having the bracket helps the case of whoever gets 9th. 

my point is more it seems silly to put everyone back in the mini bracket.  If 8 AQ and need to identify who has 9th spot, then simply wrestle off the two guys who were one out from 8.  Instead they included the guys who were already 0-2 thus (13th/14th place) thus like a 3rd/4th chance mini tournament (1st chance was season to make AQ gold/silver, 2nd chance was to actually make the top 8 in the bracket, 3rd would've been to make round before 8 then wrestle off, but the alternate 3rd/4th chance was allowing all to compete again for 9th.  Just doesn't seem that guys who go 0-2 in qualifying tournament are your best reps for NCAA, they won't be seeded and if 0-2 first day of NCAA they are done.  Not sure if other conferences did the same?

my point is more it seems silly to put everyone back in the mini bracket.  If 8 AQ and need to identify who has 9th spot, then simply wrestle off the two guys who were one out from 8.  Instead they included the guys who were already 0-2 thus (13th/14th place) thus like a 3rd/4th chance mini tournament (1st chance was season to make AQ gold/silver, 2nd chance was to actually make the top 8 in the bracket, 3rd would've been to make round before 8 then wrestle off, but the alternate 3rd/4th chance was allowing all to compete again for 9th.  Just doesn't seem that guys who go 0-2 in qualifying tournament are your best reps for NCAA, they won't be seeded and if 0-2 first day of NCAA they are done.  Not sure if other conferences did the same?

There are four guys who are one win away from 8th place, the blood round losers.  I take it six drop into the mini tournament. I guess 2 guys are 0-2 with no byes. 2 guys with 0-2, but a bye in the first consolation. and two guys 1-2.. But maybe 6 guys could be 0-2. need to think on that

PSA. Flo is putting out some juicy Suriano clickbait soon. Turns out he was robbed last year! Well, that's the story they are going with, anyway.

Just saw the preview. Looks like Flo is getting ready to burn any bridges they had left with the PSU program as far as media goes

Just saw the preview. Looks like Flo is getting ready to burn any bridges they had left with the PSU program as far as media goes

I doubt Cael will break a sweat over it. Suriano is a kid who needs some growin up and this sounds more like hurt feelings than fact. 

Edited by TBar1977

if a medical issue out of B10 qualifiers this might then go to Kuhn who finished 11th (3rd in the mini 2nd chance bracket). Might be why PSU fans would be interested in this issue.

yea that’s the reason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PSA. Flo is putting out some juicy Suriano clickbait soon.  Turns out he was robbed last year! Well, that's the story they are going with, anyway. 

He was already quoted as saying he had a title "stripped from him" before the season, if that's what you mean.

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/index.ssf/2017/09/nick_suriano_back_with_a_vengenance_to_bring_ncaa.html

It's FAKE!!!!  He's not really injured, he's looking for a better seed in.........2019!???  Where's all the "MFF Fraud!!!" BS artists on this forum.  Let's all bet on what the REAL strategy is here.  I know....it's PSU muddying the waters to get the heat off their 157 boy Knolf.  That's it.

“Fearless Warrior, You don’t have to be fearless” -Nick Suriano huh? Isn’t that like saying “I’m experiencing yesterday’s tomorrow today”. When I saw Flo’s ridiculous trailer called “Fearless Warrior” I couldn’t help think about “Jerry Maguire when he asked, “Have you ever gotten the feeling that you aren’t completely embarrassed yet, but you glimpse tomorrow embarrassment?” I hope a healthy NS competes. His success at 125lb can only help Penn State.