Sign in to follow this  
gowrestle

Suriano Out

if a medical issue out of B10 qualifiers this might then go to Kuhn who finished 11th (3rd in the mini 2nd chance bracket).  Might be why PSU fans would be interested in this issue.  

Kuhn has no basis to get a spot. 

I’m a Rutgers fan and (and hopeful that Suriano competes next week) and I still find that documentary trailer cringeworthy. Why air out your reasons for leaving at the time you should be focusing on the tournament?

I’m a Rutgers fan and (and hopeful that Suriano competes next week) and I still find that documentary trailer cringeworthy. Why air out your reasons for leaving at the time you should be focusing on the tournament?

Because its all about Nick.

I too am a big fan of Rutgers. Bottom line Suriano is still a kid and has a lot of growing up to do. The smart thing is to speak with your actions because those will have the biggest impact. Rutgers has made great strides under Goodale but this has not been a good year. In my opinion, Suriano’s comments added another speed bump on Rutgers’ road to greatness.

I doubt Cael will break a sweat over it. Suriano is a kid who needs some growin up and this sounds more like hurt feelings than fact. 

Cael--the team and the University has let all of this in the past---the only folks that keep this NS VS PSU going is Flo and folks on these boards---

its done--let it go...PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

He knows PD2 and PD3 are out of the picture in NCAA wrestling now and watched with wonder all the attention they got - and the guy never even wrestled for Iowa.

He is going to be the "New PD2/3" and is following their lead in getting attention.

At NCAA's he will start off by holding his breath til he turns blue - matside - before the start of each match. TV will love it and he will be famous!

The insipid quote "if whats around you isn't changing, change whats around you" says it all. The kid thought the whole program should accommodate him. 

How is there anything wrong with this quote at all?  If you don't like your surroundings and can't change them, then change your surroundings.  Frankly that's something I think more people should take to heart

Unless you live in a 3rd world country and are driven to the mine every day with whips, you ultimately have control over your own circumstances.  Rather than complain that things aren't how you'd like them to be change them so that they are.  

I think it stinks Flo cuts and pastes Amatuer Wrestlers to make a documentary. I don't blame them because they have a great product and they have that right but They should have a fund where if an Amatuer Wrestler is part of a something big for them they should get a cut down the road.

Edited by NJwrestlingguy

How is there anything wrong with this quote at all?  If you don't like your surroundings and can't change them, then change your surroundings.  Frankly that's something I think more people should take to heart

Unless you live in a 3rd world country and are driven to the mine every day with whips, you ultimately have control over your own circumstances.  Rather than complain that things aren't how you'd like them to be change them so that they are.  

I totally agree.  Seems pretty mature to me.  He left what would seem like  perfect situation to find his personal perfect situation, or closer to it anyway.  Every transfer isn't selfish.  That narrative is hogwash.   He has said some things that seemed questionable to me in the past (had a national title taken away??), but nothing about changing his surroundings seems questionable at all.  HE wanted something different and he went and got it.  Now we will see how it works out.  Keep in mind the results may not tell us how it works out for him personally; only how it works out on the mat.