• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 gimpeltf

gimpeltf

Gold Member

• Members
  • 5,463 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 02:52 PM

Not sure there were more than 2 private schools with finalists- Delbarton and Don Bosco. The term you were probably looking for was non-public as the rest were Parochial Schools like Bergen Catholic. Doesn't really change your point.

#22 RichB

RichB

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 668 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 01:57 AM

PIAA lists 3 types of schhools

Public High School--, which includes (some?) Vo Techs, like York VT.

Charter Schools--(, mostly in Philadelphia but also Sugar Valley and Hyndman which formed because the big school district (Central Mountain and Bedford) tried to bus the kids a long way)

Private School--, seems to include Parochial, other religious, Country Day, and Boarding. There is some kind of a numeric code on the link, but I was not able to decipher 

#23 gimpeltf

gimpeltf

Gold Member

• Members
  • 5,463 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 02:12 AM

NY lists as Public, Parochial, Private. Not sure if NJ specifically lists them. Most NJ people seem to use Public, Non-Public (NP) within the NJSIAA. Preps outside the organization.

#24 AnklePicker

AnklePicker

Gold Member

• Members
  • 8,592 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 07:50 AM

My bad, to me if you pay it’s private. Like you said doesn’t change my point. Seems like the “privates” are more dominant than ever in NJ. I don’t think that’s a good thing for the long term. What are your thoughts gimp?

#25 Jasonmitchell32

Jasonmitchell32

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 907 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 02:05 PM

Best wrestler in the tournament imo, Gavin Hoffman. Next best in no particular order imo were/are Hidlay, Sasso, Anderson Teasdale, and Hillegas.

Teasdale might be cutting too much. He is showing the classic signs of a tired wrestler.

Agreed on Hoffman - he was unreal.  30 second pin, 30 second pin, TF, TF.  He was robbed of the OW - should have easily gotten it.

#26 papride

papride

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 393 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 07:53 AM

I was there - terrible call.  Then Koser pinned the kid in the first period in wrestlebacks.

Yeah cause you probably had a better view than the ref......

21.jpg

#27 gimpeltf

gimpeltf

Gold Member

• Members
  • 5,463 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 08:36 AM

21.jpg

And it even looks here like the hand is above the back. Doesn't look like above 90 here though.

#28 Photo24

Photo24
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 10:42 AM

Wow, Ohio State got the two best from PA, Sasso and Hoffman. Teasdale looked very beatable and within a whisker of a TD

#29 Jasonmitchell32

Jasonmitchell32

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 907 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 01:15 PM

21.jpg

OK - and you had the perfect view, just like the ref.....  Just because he *might* have been looking right at it doesn't mean he got it right.  And that photo proves nothing.  Nice try though.  You're always ready to pounce and flex your internet muscles, ain't ya?

#30 RecHall

RecHall

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 605 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 02:35 PM

OK - and you had the perfect view, just like the ref.....  Just because he *might* have been looking right at it doesn't mean he got it right.  And that photo proves nothing.  Nice try though.  You're always ready to pounce and flex your internet muscles, ain't ya?

And what makes you think he got it wrong? Your opinion proves nothing.

#31 Jasonmitchell32

Jasonmitchell32

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 907 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 02:38 PM

And what makes you think he got it wrong? Your opinion proves nothing.

never said he was wrong or I was right. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users