Sign in to follow this  
tightwaist

157 Bracket

It looks like the seeding committee:

(a) punished guys who took medical forfeits (e.g., Suriano, Nolf, and Kemmerer)
and 
(b) rewarded conference winners (e.g., Walsh, McKenna, Pantaleo, Moore, Snyder)

Maybe the MFF did affect the seeding?

Certainly did, but make them 3 and 4.

Kemerer beat Shields convincingly earlier in the year, and was clearly the 2nd best kid at this weight class, aside from his fluke pin at Big 10's. Top half is barren

LaVallee has the worst 2 seed draw ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It looks like the seeding committee:[/size](a) [/size]punished guys who took medical forfeits (e.g., Suriano, Nolf, and Kemmerer)[/size]and [/size](b) [/size]rewarded conference winners (e.g., Walsh, McKenna, Pantaleo, Moore, Snyder)[/size]

Subsequently they

A. Punished the bottom half of the bracket at 157

B. Rewarded the top half

I am all for punishing the mff, but use some common sense too. If they were considered the top two pre injury why not make them 3 & 4 seed. Kemmerer should not be dropped to 6 with same finish as Nolf who only drops to 3

Subsequently they

A. Punished the bottom half of the bracket at 157

B. Rewarded the top half

I am all for punishing the mff, but use some common sense too. If they were considered the top two pre injury why not make them 3 & 4 seed. Kemmerer should not be dropped to 6 with same finish as Nolf who only drops to 3

Heres a bit of a plot twist... I think the fact that he actually wrestled Micah and got pinned hurt him. Had he just MFF out of the semis he probably would have been the 3 seed and Nolf 4th. Makes you wonder... them trying to punish him for the MFF actually encourages guys to MFF in the future!

Heres a bit of a plot twist... I think the fact that he actually wrestled Micah and got pinned hurt him. Had he just MFF out of the semis he probably would have been the 3 seed and Nolf 4th. Makes you wonder... them trying to punish him for the MFF actually encourages guys to MFF in the future!

That is absolutely true...

I'll take Kemerer in a tight match over Nolf.

I've watched the kemdawg lose in the state finals his freshman, sophomore, and junior years of high school, as well as get pinned in last years NCAA and this years B1G semis. I like Kemerer but I've seen him lose too many big matches to get fully on board with him in terms of him being "the guy."

Edited by BigTenFanboy

Best strategy would be to get some big wins early in the season, and Mfft anything risky after that. You are assured a top 4 seed.

Or transfer/commit to a weaker conference and go undefeated or nearly so, ensuring a high seed (e.g., Lewis, Lavallee, McFadden ... maybe even Hidlay and Cruz???)

I've watched the kemdawg lose in the state finals his freshman, sophomore, and junior years of high school, as well as get pinned in last years NCAA and this years B1G semis. I like Kemerer but I've seen him lose too many big matches to get fully on board with him in terms of him being "the guy."

I saw those matches too, but I still wanted Kem as a recruit as much as I wanted Cenzo (who one of those losses was to). Kem is a goer. Some bad luck here and there, like drawing Nolf this year in the qrtrs. If Nolf is 90 percent then Kem is in for a hard match. 

Edited by TBar1977

Or transfer/commit to a weaker conference and go undefeated or nearly so, ensuring a high seed (e.g., Lewis, Lavallee, McFadden ... maybe even Hidlay and Cruz???)

Hidlay would have at least 2 or 3 losses if he wrestled in the Big 10. He won ACC in OT against # 18 ranked kid.

Certainly did, but make them 3 and 4.

Kemerer beat Shields convincingly earlier in the year, and was clearly the 2nd best kid at this weight class, aside from his fluke pin at Big 10's. Top half is barren

LaVallee has the worst 2 seed draw ever.

You don't seed one guy according to where another guy is.  I agree with the argument of Kemerer over Shields, but Nolf's seed should not have any bearing on Kemerer's.  You don't doctor seeds to separate guys and create semis you think are better than the ones you're actually seeding.