Sign in to follow this  
tightwaist

157 Bracket

Or transfer/commit to a weaker conference and go undefeated or nearly so, ensuring a high seed (e.g., Lewis, Lavallee, McFadden ... maybe even Hidlay and Cruz???)

How was Lewis ensured a high seed by a weak conference.  He is undefeated and seeded 3rd.  There is zero argument with criteria or common sense for him being seeded lower than that.  He earned all of that seed.

Hidlay would have at least 2 or 3 losses if he wrestled in the Big 10. He won ACC in OT against # 18 ranked kid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The same kid he just beat 18-7 plushe beat last years runner up and AAs Berger Jordan and chishko (who isn’t much of a win this year). Hidlay earned the 1 seed though. He likely wouldn’t have any losses if he wrestled in the B1G as kem and Nolf got hurt.

Certainly did, but make them 3 and 4.

Kemerer beat Shields convincingly earlier in the year, and was clearly the 2nd best kid at this weight class, aside from his fluke pin at Big 10's. Top half is barren

LaVallee has the worst 2 seed draw ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sloppy/lazy wrestling, not a fluke pin. Fluke pins exist, but this was not an example of one.

Who wins Micah v Lavallee? 

They have 2 common opponents this year, Sparkman and Hidlay.  Lavallee has beat Sparkman 3x 8-2, 14-1, and by fall.  Jordan has beaten him 2x by tech and fall.  Hidlay beat Jordan 6-3, and Lavallee 3-1OT.  Stylistically, Lavallee is really tough on top, which is Jordan's weakness.  I don't think Jordan is better than Lavallee from neutral, so I think Lavallee's top game will win him this match, quite possibly by only a riding time point.

They have 2 common opponents this year, Sparkman and Hidlay.  Lavallee has beat Sparkman 3x 8-2, 14-1, and by fall.  Jordan has beaten him 2x by tech and fall.  Hidlay beat Jordan 6-3, and Lavallee 3-1OT.  Stylistically, Lavallee is really tough on top, which is Jordan's weakness.  I don't think Jordan is better than Lavallee from neutral, so I think Lavallee's top game will win him this match, quite possibly by only a riding time point.

Thx for this write up. Haven't seen Lavallee this year. 

Edited by TBar1977

Suriano avoids Lizak and gets #4. Lizak doesn’t get a chance to improve his seed. Not enough price paid IMO.

Avoid what exactly? . Getting blown out would have hurt him

Suriano would have had a shot to defeat Minnesota's No. 6 Ethan Lizak by technical fall, based on common opponents and scores this season. 

http://www.nj.com/rutgers/index.ssf/2018/02/rutgers_minnesota_dual_meet_nick_suriano_out.html

Interesting. If someone is 0% healthy or 100% injured, I would call that dead.

15% injured is pretty damn injured. Crushed / shattered / missing foot for example. All other body parts functioning, no disease. Heck, that might be 5-10% injured.

Nolf is good but it is an insult to other wrestlers to say they can’t beat a guy who has 85% of their health.

From where I stand, minor shades of health can make a big difference. I’d say in the couple percent range.

Wow, top 3 finishers from last year plus Micah (4th @ 149) all in the lower bracket. How do you not separate Nolf and Kemerer?

IMO-- the seeding committee--is punishing wrestlers that Medical Forfeit at bigs---just my thought--Kemerer is the one that gets screwed---2nd best guy at the weight will drop  to consi in quarters.--that is a shame!

Interesting. If someone is 0% healthy or 100% injured, I would call that dead.

15% injured is pretty damn injured. Crushed / shattered / missing foot for example. All other body parts functioning, no disease. Heck, that might be 5-10% injured.

Nolf is good but it is an insult to other wrestlers to say they can’t beat a guy who has 85% of their health.

From where I stand, minor shades of health can make a big difference. I’d say in the couple percent range.

Missing a foot is more than 15 percent injured. It is on my scale of percentages. 

No chance Micah takes bottom in this match.  It took a couple years, but it appears Ohio State's staff has learned to not send Micah down.  

Edited by steamboat_charlie

No chance Micah takes bottom in this match. It took a couple years, but it appears Ohio State's staff has learned to not send Micah down.

That takes a scoring opportunity from him, so it seems the hurricane's assertion stands.

No chance Micah takes bottom in this match. It took a couple years, but it appears Ohio State's staff has learned to not send Micah down.

Micah won't take down, but I guarantee that Lavallee gets at least 1 takedown in this match, and subsequently will put a hard ride on him. Lavallee will score at least 4 points (in my opinion), if not more: 2 takedown, 1 escape (after picking down), and 1 riding time point. That means Micah will have to score at least 3 takedowns (or escape from bottom, which seems unlikely) to outright win the match. Doable, but I think Lavallee will win. He's very underrated.

Avoid what exactly? . Getting blown out would have hurt him

Suriano would have had a shot to defeat Minnesota's No. 6 Ethan Lizak by technical fall, based on common opponents and scores this season. 

http://www.nj.com/rutgers/index.ssf/2018/02/rutgers_minnesota_dual_meet_nick_suriano_out.html

I would agree with you  NS was 100% at bigs..the match I watched NS wrestle at Bigs--was not the 100% NS--and MOP is NS might have had a problem with Lizak at Bigs.