• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 gowrestle

gowrestle

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,313 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 01:43 PM

As his guy was walking out to the mat for the Big12 finals, he was looking at his cell phone. That picture said a lot.

(Never saw Sanderson, Smith, Ryan, Goodale, Koll, or anyone, do that.)

#2 scribe

scribe

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 13,130 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 01:45 PM

Sometimes Koll will text me asking what to do.
  • HurricaneWrestling, Old_Marine_Wrestler, headshuck and 11 others like this

"This space for rent"

#3 Old_Marine_Wrestler

Old_Marine_Wrestler

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,420 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 02:56 PM

As his guy was walking out to the mat for the Big12 finals, he was looking at his cell phone. That picture said a lot.

Isn't that because Coach Sanderson believes there are little witches inside cell phones that draw the emojis?

• Tofurky, squeek, pjm46 and 3 others like this

I like NIke but wait a minute, the sport supports so put some money in it

#4 Witherman

Witherman

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 679 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 03:00 PM

Sometimes Koll will text me asking what to do.

scribe has really been killing it with the one liners lately

#5 BigTenFanboy

BigTenFanboy

Gold Member

• Members
  • 5,031 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 03:03 PM

Isn't that because Coach Sanderson believes there are little witches inside cell phones that draw the emojis?

Wait.., there's not???

#6 Medicine_Man

Medicine_Man

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,289 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 03:28 PM

Where's the picture?

Edited by Medicine_Man, 07 March 2018 - 03:28 PM.

#7 gowrestle

gowrestle

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,313 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 06:02 PM

Where's the picture?

Watched BIG12 finals on television. The assistant coach was talking to the wrestler and Henson was looking at his phone. I’ve never seen a coach do that before.

#8 BigTenFanboy

BigTenFanboy

Gold Member

• Members
  • 5,031 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 06:39 PM

d11bdbc8222f0c3b59b97176fb8bdbf6--kermit

Kermit is not pleased with the way you're talking about Henson.

Edited by BigTenFanboy, 07 March 2018 - 06:43 PM.

#9 Cletus_Tucker

Cletus_Tucker

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,361 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 07:04 PM

I keep many of my notes on my phone and utilize it as a business tool.    When I coached, I carried a note pad with all sorts of stats and tendencies which I gathered leading up to competitions.    Today I'd likely do the same only using a tablet.   I actually do utilize a tablet for specific growth charts of the hogs and for mood documentation.      Perhaps Henson refers to notes on his cellular device in similar fashion to how I used the rolled up notepad.   .  There's no shame in embracing technology, particularly in the work place.   Did you happen to see what it was he was looking at on the device?     That could go a long way to determining if he's "a joke".   

• pjm46 likes this

#10 Billyhoyle

Billyhoyle

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,361 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 09:06 PM

Where's the picture?

I can imagine your eyes lit up reading that post with the potential for photoshopping.

#11 madcat11

madcat11

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,248 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 09:18 PM

Where's the picture?

thats your job

#12 gowrestle

gowrestle

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,313 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 10:15 PM

I keep many of my notes on my phone and utilize it as a business tool. When I coached, I carried a note pad with all sorts of stats and tendencies which I gathered leading up to competitions. Today I'd likely do the same only using a tablet. I actually do utilize a tablet for specific growth charts of the hogs and for mood documentation. Perhaps Henson refers to notes on his cellular device in similar fashion to how I used the rolled up notepad. . There's no shame in embracing technology, particularly in the work place. Did you happen to see what it was he was looking at on the device? That could go a long way to determining if he's "a joke".

Very good point but I doubt he was looking at the scouting report while the kid was walking out to the mat. If he was, then it was too late for that. Anyway, looking at a cell phone at that time was bad optics.

#13 tightwaist

tightwaist

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,501 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 10:32 PM

Very good point but I doubt he was looking at the scouting report while the kid was walking out to the mat. If he was, then it was too late for that. Anyway, looking at a cell phone at that time was bad optics.

They found what he was reading. “Grab milk and bread on way home”
  • gowrestle and bnwtwg like this

#14 cornercoach

cornercoach

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,311 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 10:45 PM

... i saw him scratch his neck- - he may have ringworm that will spread to everyone and end the world as we know it ....

#15 KTG119

KTG119

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,344 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 11:44 PM

recruiting is a 24/7 job

#16 Plasmodium

Plasmodium

Gold Member

• Members
  • 4,727 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 01:25 AM

I keep many of my notes on my phone and utilize it as a business tool.    When I coached, I carried a note pad with all sorts of stats and tendencies which I gathered leading up to competitions.    Today I'd likely do the same only using a tablet.   I actually do utilize a tablet for specific growth charts of the hogs and for mood documentation.      Perhaps Henson refers to notes on his cellular device in similar fashion to how I used the rolled up notepad.   .  There's no shame in embracing technology, particularly in the work place.   Did you happen to see what it was he was looking at on the device?     That could go a long way to determining if he's "a joke".   

Doubt it.  He is obsessed with that rolled up paper he totes around.

#17 Medicine_Man

Medicine_Man

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,289 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 03:18 AM

You are right....it was work oriented

25820427587_249f106018_o_d.jpg

• Old_Marine_Wrestler, tightwaist, LoStNuMbEr and 6 others like this

#18 ThorsteinV

ThorsteinV
  • Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 03:26 AM

You are right....it was work oriented

25820427587_249f106018_o_d.jpg

Worse still, he was eating an ice cream sandwich on the job.. it’s written all over his index finger
  • Old_Marine_Wrestler likes this

#19 Old_Marine_Wrestler

Old_Marine_Wrestler

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,420 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 08:48 AM

d11bdbc8222f0c3b59b97176fb8bdbf6--kermit

Kermit is not pleased with the way you're talking about Henson.

I see what you did there with the "Henson"...

#20 Old_Marine_Wrestler

Old_Marine_Wrestler

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,420 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 08:48 AM

Worse still, he was eating an ice cream sandwich on the job.. it’s written all over his index finger

Excellent attention to detail!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users