35 replies to this topic

#1 wrestlingnerd

wrestlingnerd

Gold Member

• Members
  • 7,763 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 03:55 AM

1. Spencer Lee

Has to beat an NCAA champ who has only lost twice in 3 NCAAs to get to the finals and then, likely has to beat the returning champ or the undefeated guy who beat him.

2. Yianni D

Has to beat the returning NCAA champ in the quarters, then has to beat the only guy who beat him in the semis, and then face the #1 ranked guy who beat both of the guys Yianni would have just beaten to win it all.

Brutal.... But I think both buys do it.

• GoNotQuietly likes this

#2 boconnell

boconnell

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,222 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 04:11 AM

I'll go with whoever Yianni faces in round 1.  That guy has to beat all the same guys as Yianni, plus he has to beat Yianni.

• HurricaneWrestling, Husker_Du, LoStNuMbEr and 18 others like this

#3 mspart

mspart

Gold Member

• Members
  • 6,144 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 04:19 AM

If you don't think that you are THE tough draw going in, then you have a tough draw.

mspart

Edited by mspart, 08 March 2018 - 04:19 AM.

• TBar1977 likes this

#4 pamela

pamela

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,859 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 04:24 AM

Austin Desanto has the talent to make a deep tournament run, but may have to go through Mueller - Micic - Pletcher - Gross which is an extremely steep order.

Jason Nolf's path might include Heffernan - Kimmer - Lavallee - Hidlay, yikes.

IMart. Chance or Chandler - Marinelli or Walsh - whatever beast emerges from the bottom half (Cenzo, McFadden, Massa, AVal, Lewis).

All of 141, pretty much everyone will have to run the gauntlet.

The tournament is tough!
  • TobusRex and GoNotQuietly like this

#5 LemonPie

LemonPie

Gold Member

• Members
  • 5,228 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 04:25 AM

I'll go with whoever Yianni faces in round 1.  That guy has to beat all the same guys as Yianni, plus he has to beat Yianni.

In that case, take Heil's opponent.  All the same dudes except the 11-seed instead of the 14.  But Carr/Gil probably a wash.

Heil, Carr, Yianni, Eierman, Meredith

vs

Yianni, Gil, Heil, Eierman, Meredith

Anyone but Heil '18

http://contenttolosebythree.com

#6 southend

southend

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 711 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 05:02 AM

Elijah Oliver

#7 Housebuye

Housebuye

Gold Member

• Members
  • 4,572 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 05:05 AM

Kemerer has a tough path, especially for someone considered top 2/3 in the county.

Hammond - Ream/Fox - Nolf - Lavallee - Hidlay/other finalist

#8 Two_on_one

Two_on_one

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 767 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 05:11 AM

Ryan Solomon of Pitt. Has to beat 3 time world champ Snyder in first round, Kasper in semis, and Coon in finals.
  • tightwaist, KTG119 and jonnelso like this

#9 TobusRex

TobusRex

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,935 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 05:16 AM

Austin Desanto has the talent to make a deep tournament run, but may have to go through Mueller - Micic - Pletcher - Gross which is an extremely steep order.

Would like to watch Brock wrestle DeSanto, would be a crazy, wild, offensive match. 

#10 jstock

jstock

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 05:22 AM

I would have loved to see Micic vs Brock. Would be like watching 2 cats in a clothes dryer

#11 TBar1977

TBar1977

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 12,865 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 05:33 AM

Ben Darmstadt's draw sux. He probably still makes the finals.

• Husker_Du likes this

Penn State - NCAA Champions 7 of the last 8 Years

#12 ionel

ionel

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 05:38 AM

I would have loved to see Micic vs Brock. Would be like watching 2 cats in a clothes dryer

still could happen, tournament has yet started, correct?

• jstock likes this

#13 pamela

pamela

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,859 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 05:44 AM

Would like to watch Brock wrestle DeSanto, would be a crazy, wild, offensive match.

Haha, I was thinking the opposite and want to see Desanto - Pletcher to see which way the offensive pace and attacks go.

#14 hummer126

hummer126

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 649 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 06:30 AM

Tyler Love

Intramural champ . . . JV stud

#15 Glane18

Glane18

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 06:34 AM

IMar has a very tough 2nd round match in Jon Jay Chavez from Cornell  He's a huge greco guy and has been wrestling very well lately.  That under hook might help Chavez.  

• madcat11 likes this

#16 jstock

jstock

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 07:37 AM

I love watching DeSanto and would love the PA kid to win against top competition but I don't think he is at Brock's level yet. He needs another year under his belt to compete with the top 4 or 5. I hope he can get on the podium. 

I predict that DeSanto's enthusiasm will spoil the hopes of a higher ranked upperclassman who is ready for season and/or career to end. 

#17 BigTenFanboy

BigTenFanboy

Gold Member

• Members
  • 5,031 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 08:12 AM

Sergio Mendez or Alonzo Allen.

Winner of that has to beat Spencer Lee, Luke Welch, Piccinnini, Nato, then Suriano/Cruz

#18 ionel

ionel

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 09:04 AM

IMar has a very tough 2nd round match in Jon Jay Chavez from Cornell  He's a huge greco guy and has been wrestling very well lately.  That under hook might help Chavez.  

doubtful

#19 boconnell

boconnell

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,222 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 09:50 AM

I love watching DeSanto and would love the PA kid to win against top competition but I don't think he is at Brock's level yet. He needs another year under his belt to compete with the top 4 or 5. I hope he can get on the podium. 

I predict that DeSanto's enthusiasm will spoil the hopes of a higher ranked upperclassman who is ready for season and/or career to end. 

Brock is interesting in that if you are a guy who pressures forward at all you are giving up a few cheap TDs to that shrug.  You have to counter wrestle him or maybe get him from space.  Or just pick top.  I haven't seen DeSanto enough to know how he wrestles.  

#20 rcoates1

rcoates1

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 10:15 AM

Brock is interesting in that if you are a guy who pressures forward at all you are giving up a few cheap TDs to that shrug. You have to counter wrestle him or maybe get him from space. Or just pick top. I haven't seen DeSanto enough to know how he wrestles.

I think desanto is pretty one dimensional at this point. Has struggles on bottom and doesn’t do much on top. He is relentless on his feet however. I love watching kaid make guys land on their face with that slide by, makes me laugh every time.
  • jstock likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users