Sign in to follow this  
wrestlingnerd

Toughest path to a title?

1. Spencer Lee

Has to beat an NCAA champ who has only lost twice in 3 NCAAs to get to the finals and then, likely has to beat the returning champ or the undefeated guy who beat him.

2. Yianni D

Has to beat the returning NCAA champ in the quarters, then has to beat the only guy who beat him in the semis, and then face the #1 ranked guy who beat both of the guys Yianni would have just beaten to win it all.

Brutal.... But I think both buys do it.

Austin Desanto has the talent to make a deep tournament run, but may have to go through Mueller - Micic - Pletcher - Gross which is an extremely steep order.

Jason Nolf's path might include Heffernan - Kimmer - Lavallee - Hidlay, yikes.

IMart. Chance or Chandler - Marinelli or Walsh - whatever beast emerges from the bottom half (Cenzo, McFadden, Massa, AVal, Lewis).

All of 141, pretty much everyone will have to run the gauntlet.

The tournament is tough!

I'll go with whoever Yianni faces in round 1.  That guy has to beat all the same guys as Yianni, plus he has to beat Yianni.

In that case, take Heil's opponent.  All the same dudes except the 11-seed instead of the 14.  But Carr/Gil probably a wash.

Heil, Carr, Yianni, Eierman, Meredith

vs

Yianni, Gil, Heil, Eierman, Meredith

Austin Desanto has the talent to make a deep tournament run, but may have to go through Mueller - Micic - Pletcher - Gross which is an extremely steep order.

Would like to watch Brock wrestle DeSanto, would be a crazy, wild, offensive match. 

Would like to watch Brock wrestle DeSanto, would be a crazy, wild, offensive match.

Haha, I was thinking the opposite and want to see Desanto - Pletcher to see which way the offensive pace and attacks go.

I love watching DeSanto and would love the PA kid to win against top competition but I don't think he is at Brock's level yet. He needs another year under his belt to compete with the top 4 or 5. I hope he can get on the podium. 

I predict that DeSanto's enthusiasm will spoil the hopes of a higher ranked upperclassman who is ready for season and/or career to end. 

IMar has a very tough 2nd round match in Jon Jay Chavez from Cornell  He's a huge greco guy and has been wrestling very well lately.  That under hook might help Chavez.  

doubtful

I love watching DeSanto and would love the PA kid to win against top competition but I don't think he is at Brock's level yet. He needs another year under his belt to compete with the top 4 or 5. I hope he can get on the podium. 

I predict that DeSanto's enthusiasm will spoil the hopes of a higher ranked upperclassman who is ready for season and/or career to end. 

Brock is interesting in that if you are a guy who pressures forward at all you are giving up a few cheap TDs to that shrug.  You have to counter wrestle him or maybe get him from space.  Or just pick top.  I haven't seen DeSanto enough to know how he wrestles.  

Brock is interesting in that if you are a guy who pressures forward at all you are giving up a few cheap TDs to that shrug. You have to counter wrestle him or maybe get him from space. Or just pick top. I haven't seen DeSanto enough to know how he wrestles.

I think desanto is pretty one dimensional at this point. Has struggles on bottom and doesn’t do much on top. He is relentless on his feet however. I love watching kaid make guys land on their face with that slide by, makes me laugh every time.

Brock is interesting in that if you are a guy who pressures forward at all you are giving up a few cheap TDs to that shrug. You have to counter wrestle him or maybe get him from space. Or just pick top. I haven't seen DeSanto enough to know how he wrestles.

That shrug isn’t really all that great.

Signed,

Phillip Laux

Iowa

That shrug isn’t really all that great.

Signed,

Phillip Laux

Iowa

Yeah its kind've like: iMart's left underhook, JT's 'snake', Cael's ankle pic, Gable's arm bar, Smith's low single, you know its coming so all you have to do is defend against it. Perhaps Phil didnt get the memo? ;_;