CoachWrestling

Final Picks: National Champs.. tOSU or PSU?

I'm picking the team with 5 returning champs, a much improved hwt, a pinner at 197, and up and coming freshman at 141.

1 of those champs is hurt, one lost at big 10s, and has lost atleast 3 times to the favorite, beating him only once, and 1 lost at the beginning of the the season (if the all star meet didnt really matter, they wouldnt have wrestled them). Im rooting for ohio state, because psu winning every year keeps swelling some of these fans heads, and frankly, some other team winning at this point is parity, but all that being said I have psu winning, even without hall or cenzo winning it this year. Thats just what PSU does. Last year, I felt cenzo, hall, and Nickal built off zain and Nolf, and eachothers momentum, to get their wins. A hurt Nolf, and Imars redemption, stop that momentum. Nickal still gets his win though. Edited by maolsen

1 of those champs is hurt, one lost at big 10s, and has lost atleast 3 times to the favorite, beating him only once, and 1 lost at the beginning of the the season (if the all star meet didnt really matter, they wouldnt have wrestled them). Im rooting for ohio state, because psu winning every year keeps swelling some of these fans heads, and frankly, some other team winning at this point is parity, but all that being said I have psu winning, even without hall or cenzo winning it this year. Thats just what PSU does. Last year, I felt cenzo, hall, and Nickal built off zain and Nolf, and eachothers momentum, to get their wins. A hurt Nolf, and Imars redemption, stop that momentum. Nickal still gets his win though.

maolsen, so you have psu winning it because "that's just what psu does", but you think psu fans who use that same logic have "swelled heads"? Why the cheap shot when you are doing the same thing they do?

Gonna be fun. I think PSU slight favorite and would be my pick at this point. However, I do feel like the Buckeyes could win. Lots of interesting variables.

For instance, if Nolf competes and looks his typical self, tOSU winning seems much less likely. Then again, it wouldn't shock me to see the Buckeyes put 9 in semi finals (not predicting it will happen, but also not unrealistic). If that happens, then I think tOSU wins even with a healthy Nolf. Basically, I don't know what the hell is going to happen but it should be one of the most exciting team races in a while.

If this tournament was wrestled 10 different times, I'd give the edge to PSU 7-3. There are plenty of variables. Every day in every wrestlers life on the mat versus the same opponent is NOT created equal, think Marinelli atc etc. . For PSU, Rasheed needs a couple of wins at least via bonus and a placement, and Nolf near 100% which puts him in the finals at worst. TOSU has to keep the momentum, but M Jordan getting a fall over a M Kemmerer is probably off the bonus point table for them this time, let alone a victory IMO. All in all I think it's likely MORE things not going as planned for TOSU, and bonus point wins as mentioned favoring PSU, giving them a small cushion for another title if needed. 

Edited by Old142

tOSU can win if they do their business right. They have the capabilities to send 9 to semifinals. If they do plus few finalists then they wins.

I’m picking tOSU.

And I would do the Ohio State pick every year. Rinse and Repeat.

Edited by Buckeyebison

maolsen, so you have psu winning it because "that's just what psu does", but you think psu fans who use that same logic have "swelled heads"? Why the cheap shot when you are doing the same thing they do?

Psu peaks at the NCAAS. Doesn't mean that they are going to be perfect. If anyone suggests that Zain could be beat, it is ridiculous to you guys. Nolf cant be beat outside of injury. "I really enjoyed the martin beating Nickal era". Even after Imar adjusted and beat Nolf twice after his loss, Cenzo beating Imar once, lead to him being the favorite by most of you, where as Martin doing the same to Nickal, Martin was never the favorite. I have Psu winning, but i see them with 3 champs. Im sure a lot of you still have them with 5, wouldnt be suprised if some think rasheed will win it too. Edited by maolsen

Per my trusty abacus, in the order the abacus expects the finals matches to take place in:

197: Darmstadt

285: Coon

125: Tomasello

133: Gross

141: Eierman

149: Retherford

157: Nolf

165: Martinez

174: Hall

184: Nickal

Final Team Score: Penn State 158, Ohio State 151.

I am picking Nolf to win but still going with Ohio State to take the team title in a close race.  I don't think PSU AAs in the 1st 3 weights and 197 and 285 go lower than their seeds.  Ohio St gets 8 AA with and wins a tight battle for the title.

I will go with  Ohio State for following reasons

* Suriano - Cortez  this did hurt 

* last year was perfect storm - I see 4 champs at most

* Nolf hurt

* Pletcher ,Micha , Campbell with good bracket placements

* Mckeena recently looking at his best

* All leads to Ohio State at Top